Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

Order to delivery time

bowlman23

Reaction score
I’m so tempted to order, but hearing a 3-4 month wait time is scaring me off. I feel like I may just keep an eye out for the SX w/ Prestige and anyone who gets one in a 200 mile radius, I’ll buy.

Last edited:

EdwardKimDPT

Reaction score
We almost ordered a SX on Friday and it would’ve been in next Friday. I also got a text from a dealership saying an SX arrived to the lot yesterday if I was interested in coming in to purchase. We ended up going to dealership on Friday night thinking to buy the SX but decided against the captain chairs and drove away with EX since they had the white on black in stock.

Askantor18

Reaction score
Sounds like we have a lot of Blk and Blk SX Prestige orders on here. I ordered that same combo with tow on 3/12 as I mentioned before. Looking at 5 weeks tomorrow with no news. I would assume they would group factory option orders and colors for efficiency but who knows.

EBraband

Reaction score
I ordered a white SX with the prestige package on Feb. 25th and took delivery on April 12th. Dealer was able to give me an update almost daily once they obtained a VIN number. It was given a VIN number when production started.

Askantor18

Reaction score
I ordered a white SX with the prestige package on Feb. 25th and took delivery on April 12th. Dealer was able to give me an update almost daily once they obtained a VIN number. It was given a VIN number when production started.
How long before delivery did you get the VIN?

ColMo

Reaction score
I ordered a white SX AWD Presitige/Dune Brown with Tow on 29 Mar - anybody that ordered around that date have you gotten anything from your dealer that your order has been accepted? My dealer indicated that it might be a month or more before getting acceptance.

aoverby0907

Reaction score
I ordered a white SX AWD Presitige/Dune Brown with Tow on 29 Mar - anybody that ordered around that date have you gotten anything from your dealer that your order has been accepted? My dealer indicated that it might be a month or more before getting acceptance.
Are "accepted" and "filled" the same thing? I ordered on March 11th and still have no VIN or ETA, but they said it shows filled in their system. Not sure what that means exactly.

gmneil

Reaction score
i ordered right around that time just last week I confirmed my order was accepted but noting more since.

mrmac

Reaction score
Update. Just spoke with my dealer. Apparently Kia is only filling orders if they alreadyhave exactly what you want scheduled for the line. Otherwise, dealer orders are in limbo. I may end up buying something else seeing as my wife doesn’t like the Silver in person and the Black Copper is in limbo.

aoverby0907

Reaction score
Update. Just spoke with my dealer. Apparently Kia is only filling orders if they alreadyhave exactly what you want scheduled for the line. Otherwise, dealer orders are in limbo. I may end up buying something else seeing as my wife doesn’t like the Silver in person and the Black Copper is in limbo.
Well, that isn't good to here! I ordered a SX gravity grey w/prestige & tow...haven't seen many of the gravity grey at all and most have had the black interior. I ordered March 11th, so wonder what this may mean for my wait time now. =(

sportsguy

Reaction score
Kia dealer in Framingham , MA just told me that they will not have any SX models until August, even if you order SX model this week :mad:

sportsguy

Reaction score
Are you saying that they are not producing SX models until august?
No the dealership said " We will not be getting any new SX models allocated / delivered until August". I also asked if I custom order one this week could when would I get it and they said August.

Mr White

Reaction score
I just heard back from my dealer on a follow up. I placed an order April 9th and they stated it has not been "pulled" yet. They did tell me that they had another order placed on March 25th that just got pulled last Friday, April 12th. It was also for a moss green SX, but I don't know the other options that person requested. She is going to call me tomorrow with more info, so if its anything ground breaking I will post.

Gwyn

Reaction score
No the dealership said " We will not be getting any new SX models allocated / delivered until August". I also asked if I custom order one this week could when would I get it and they said August.
Time to get a new dealer. Makes zero sense that they would not get SX models until august.

WhiteSX

Reaction score
Time to get a new dealer. Makes zero sense that they would not get SX models until august.
I know the dealer the OP is referencing. They're large volume and fairly reputable. The factory is at least two months behind fulfilling existing SX orders. Most in transit SX's are spoken for. A quick spot check of landed or in transit inventory shows roughly 6.8% of builds are SX's. (104 out of 1539) Even doubling that still makes the SX a rare catch.

Gwyn

Reaction score
I give up. In part this is kia's fault for not being a little transparent with what is going on. But mostly it is people refusing to believe what is in front of them. The same thing happened with the Stinger launch, but average time was 10 weeks. The Subaru ascent, once again 10 weeks. And it will happen here I guess.

I will point out that KIA can easily produce 100,000 Tellurides from the Georgia plant a year. The whole plant can produce 300,000 vehicles a year. We are seeing lx, s, and ex back up on lots right now. If they can not produce an SX by august, then someone in management should be fired.

As for what I guess, you will see SX's on the lots in mass by the end of may. If you order now, late June to July for delivery.

Bottomline. For those that can wait for a perfect order, then do. For those that are worried about august, go ahead, nothing I can say now can change you, but don't be shocked when I have to say, I told you so.

PS The New York Autoshow is tomorrow. The new highlander, the new outback, and a million other SUV's will be announced, people will start looking at them.

Cnkelle2

Reaction score
This is all so interesting. I definitely wish there was more transparency. With all the discussion about longer order times, I called the woman who provided incredible service when my husband purchased a Stinger last year. I figured since I won’t be ready to purchase until Juneish, I better place my order. She told me that her dealership (Round Rock, TX) was still placing orders for the SX but no longer requiring a deposit and the purchaser would have no obligation to car once it arrived due to demand. She stated 6 - 9 months. I told her I wasn’t in the market until mid-summer and she said I’d probably be better off waiting until the end of May to allow the hype to die down. She was confident that come summer, I’d be able to get what I wanted without having to order. Since I am in no rush, I’m going to heed her advice and see what happens.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.