No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

The KIA Telluride in Black Copper

blitt

Reaction score
Which product from Griot's Garage are you recommending. The link goes to a page with multiple products.
Here it is, however, I use it AFTER applying the Meguiars Ceramic......the combination produces a wonderful result!!

rvv2002

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Delete!

Yey!!!! Root beer! :D

Ok....here's what ya need to know: I have a friend who own's a KIA dealership ( for the past 30 years or so) and is also a "car fanatic" ....kinda like me....who has his own collection of beautiful classic cars, etc. When I bought my SX P , he recommended a product I did not know of ...."Meguiar's Ceramic Wax" USE that as step 1 and then step 2 is to buff it off with the following: Detailers Liquids - Griot's Garage It is simple , quick, and is the most fantastic finish I have ever dealt with in MANY years. ( and I am a former judge at car shows ) . Bottom line it's easy and you do not have to pay someone to "ceramic coat" your car. Key point: it is perfect for dark finished cars, white and other light colors.......do not know.

rvv2002

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I replied asking which of the gringots and then saw you had already responded....couldn't figure out how to delete the stupid msg so I tagged for moderator deletr

Wee

Reaction score
Yey!!!! Root beer! :D

Ok....here's what ya need to know: I have a friend who own's a KIA dealership ( for the past 30 years or so) and is also a "car fanatic" ....kinda like me....who has his own collection of beautiful classic cars, etc. When I bought my SX P , he recommended a product I did not know of ...."Meguiar's Ceramic Wax" USE that as step 1 and then step 2 is to buff it off with the following: Detailers Liquids - Griot's Garage It is simple , quick, and is the most fantastic finish I have ever dealt with in MANY years. ( and I am a former judge at car shows ) . Bottom line it's easy and you do not have to pay someone to "ceramic coat" your car. Key point: it is perfect for dark finished cars, white and other light colors.......do not know.
I picked up Meguiars Ceramic Spray yesterday and washed the car while it was overcast and cool out. Not quite to the level of a professional ceramic job but super glassy and wet for a at home product, very happy with it considering price.
IMG_20200112_133332.jpg IMG_20200111_160125_MP.jpg

SiouxD

Reaction score
I picked up a black copper/dune today. Became available today because the original buyer (ordered in April) backed out yesterday when it arrived. I called and there were several people on the way to see it but I put a deposit down over the phone then drove over and bought it. Two pictures from around 11am and two from early evening. Beautiful color. Also the dune color isn't as bright as it seems from all the picks, it's much more muted (which I like).
Great photos @bcopper . I’m getting nervous at some of the color descriptions and I haven’t been able to see one in person. Many have said it looks black unless in certain sunlight—then purple or brownish. Can you share your interpretation? Your photos definitely make it appear black! Thx

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

raydog9379

Reaction score
Great photos @bcopper . I’m getting nervous at some of the color descriptions and I haven’t been able to see one in person. Many have said it looks black unless in certain sunlight—then purple or brownish. Can you share your interpretation? Your photos definitely make it appear black! Thx
Everyone says root beer. I've seen only a chip in the sunlight, and concur on the root beer color. It's literally black straight on and then at an angle its the copper/root beer color with lots of metal flake. We had all the chips out in the sun at the dealer, and went w/ this. I was pretty hesitant on another black car (currently have 2), but this really looked unique. We went back/forth on the green vs. this. Ultimately w/ the angle in the sun on both, my wife and I pretty much looked at each other and said that's it.

Coolnwo

Reaction score
This is the same color my Infiniti FX35 had. Midnight Mocha

TheNip73

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but for all the followers of this thread still waiting to get their ordered Black Copper vehicle, yesterday looks like it was black copper production day - quite a few vins generated that were black copper!

Smiley1102

Reaction score
I am starting to get a little afraid. According to the Vin Website, a Black Copper Vin was produced 1/23 for my dealer, but with Black Nappa seats not Dune Brown like I ordered. Since my production date got pushed back a week, I am hoping that it is someone else Black Copper. That would be a bummer to wait 6 months to only get the wrong interior! The Dune Brown seats were the only thing I was not flexible on.

Stacyg

Reaction score
I am starting to get a little afraid. According to the Vin Website, a Black Copper Vin was produced 1/23 for my dealer, but with Black Nappa seats not Dune Brown like I ordered. Since my production date got pushed back a week, I am hoping that it is someone else Black Copper. That would be a bummer to wait 6 months to only get the wrong interior! The Dune Brown seats were the only thing I was not flexible on.
[/QUOTE

Stacyg

Reaction score
What look up sheet did u use? The second one seems only to show black as most interiors. I think that is a glitch. Some will be dune and still show black. Call your dealer and ask....good luck!