No soliciting permitted.

The KIA Telluride in Wolf Gray

dmaleck

Reaction score
For those of you looking for a Wolf Gray SX, I am in contact with Chad of Mike Kelly Kia in Butler PA. He stated that they have an incoming WG for October that was avail just 5mins ago. They are asking for $1000 dep and are selling at MSRP and require you to do a credit app. You also have to pick it up onsite, no shipping. You can thank me later if you are lucky enough to get it.
Pmed you

clam

Reaction score
Hello friends, I wanted to give you a short Wolf Gray update as we enter this holiday weekend here in the United States of America.

As of Saturday, September 5, 2020, no Wolf Gray Tellurides are yet known to have been built in Kia's West Point, Georgia plant. The available data can lag by a few days, but as production was only promised to start in "September 2020", there's no reason to panic as of now.

Bringing a new color into production means swapping out a color line in the paint shop, which consists of huge containers of paint that parts are dipped into—so switching is neither quick nor cheap.

But, take heart: our current expectation is that once the first Wolf Gray shows up with a verified VIN, many more will follow in quick succession.

I know so many are patiently waiting to realize the Wolf Gray dream, and I admire the tenacity and spirit required to brave lo these long months.

While some have speculated that the first Wolf Gray Telluride vehicles could arrive at dealers as early as October, many of us believe this origination event will occur instead in November. Let's continue crossing our fingers for safe and efficient production at the factory and try to remain optimisitc. July and August were their most productive months yet!

I'll keep updating this space as more information is known. The Wolf Gray Telluride promises to be truly sui generis. Thanks for continuing to wait for this phenomenal awe-inspiring color combination.

clam

Reaction score
Hi friends, as this long weekend in the United States comes to its holiday culmination tomorrow, I wanted to take a second to update you on the most recent Wolf Gray news.

As of late tonight, still no verified Wolf Gray Tellurides have been created. As we are still only six days into the month, this is no cause to become dejected or sullen. Even the most optimistic of us didn’t expect instant production this month.

One would expect full shifts starting again Tuesday at Kia’s Georgia plant and, with that, more and more of the backlog will get burned down, eventually leading to production of Wolf Gray.

I appreciate everyone who is waiting. I know it is going to be worth it.

Keep the faith, keep checking all your sources, and keep engaging in the community. We will achieve our shared goal. This is a color that is going to set the midsize SUV market alight, the color that will raise Nightfall darkness to preeminence.

Howlin’ like a wolf,
clam

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
Hi friends, as this long weekend in the United States comes to its holiday culmination tomorrow, I wanted to take a second to update you on the most recent Wolf Gray news.

As of late tonight, still no verified Wolf Gray Tellurides have been created. As we are still only six days into the month, this is no cause to become dejected or sullen. Even the most optimistic of us didn’t expect instant production this month.

One would expect full shifts starting again Tuesday at Kia’s Georgia plant and, with that, more and more of the backlog will get burned down, eventually leading to production of Wolf Gray.

I appreciate everyone who is waiting. I know it is going to be worth it.

Keep the faith, keep checking all your sources, and keep engaging in the community. We will achieve our shared goal. This is a color that is going to set the midsize SUV market alight, the color that will raise Nightfall darkness to preeminence.

Howlin’ like a wolf,
clam
Keep in mind that Glacial White Pearl was supposed to be an August 2020 start of production, and the first ones hit Failcat on August 28, the second-to-last weekday of the month.

Wolf Gray is to be a September 2020 start of production. Which means it might be a while before they start showing up on Failcat, much less start hitting dealers and having people take them home.

I would like it to be sooner rather than later so we can stop all of the speculation and just see what it's really like, but again, don't expect it to be anytime soon. Better to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised than the other way around. 😊

clam

Reaction score
Keep in mind that Glacial White Pearl was supposed to be an August 2020 start of production, and the first ones hit Failcat on August 28, the second-to-last weekday of the month.

Wolf Gray is to be a September 2020 start of production. Which means it might be a while before they start showing up on Failcat, much less start hitting dealers and having people take them home.

I would like it to be sooner rather than later so we can stop all of the speculation and just see what it's really like, but again, don't expect it to be anytime soon. Better to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised than the other way around. 😊
Absolutely... great point, and this is exactly why the consistent vigilance is key. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and it will likely be at least two more months (possibly longer) before the first lucky owners unite with their Wolf Gray babies.

All the more reason to continue to track metrics and mentally prepare for the continued long wait. Some are already in their third full month of this interminable purgatory, and undoubtably they will withstand the burden of many additional anxious months.

I’ll keep updating this thread with new information as it comes available. Thanks for your contribution!

KCEngineer

Reaction score
That's right. It's September 2020.

Deep inside Kia's West Point, Georgia factory, workers are feverishly preparing the paint shop for something new. Something monumental. It's officially the month in which Kia will manufacture the first Wolf Gray Tellurides. Those of us first in queue will be seeing our new babies in the next 60 days!

Remember, Wolf Gray is the most selective and restrictive 2021 paint color. It is assuredly not for everyone.

Designed as the 2021 model year hero color for the much-lauded Telluride, Wolf Gray is only available with black interior and the EX Nightfall or SX Nightfall packages. No LX, no S, no gray, butterscotch, or espresso brown interiors. If you buy an SX, you can upgrade to Prestige, but that's IT if you want to possess the power and renown of Wolf Gray.
Clam - glad you posted, but I have a question that I have asked before, but it begs asking again to see if someone has any new intel....you indicate that you can "upgrade" to Prestige, but according to the kia.com build site you can't have an SX WG Telluride that is NOT Prestige (it automatically adds Prestige to the build when I select WG exterior color)....I have talked to MANY sales reps and so far no one has convinced me they can order without Prestige for the SX WG.... I personally love the WG color, but actually not crazy about having to get the Prestige upgrade in spite of so many here saying it is worth it.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
Clam - glad you posted, but I have a question that I have asked before, but it begs asking again to see if someone has any new intel....you indicate that you can "upgrade" to Prestige, but according to the kia.com build site you can't have an SX WG Telluride that is NOT Prestige (it automatically adds Prestige to the build when I select WG exterior color)....I have talked to MANY sales reps and so far no one has convinced me they can order without Prestige for the SX WG.... I personally love the WG color, but actually not crazy about having to get the Prestige upgrade in spite of so many here saying it is worth it.
I know we’ve discussed this before, but I guess you need to find a dealer who knows how to read the model and accessory code sheet. It clearly says that Wolf Gray is available only with option codes 030, 035, 040, and 045. That’s SX Nightfall, SX Nightfall with Towing, SX-Prestige Nightfall, and SX-Prestige Nightfall with Towing, respectively.

Never ever believe the online configurator, and I would have a hard time taking anyone who blindly believes it seriously, either. It still tells you that it is an impossibility to get an SX in Sangria with Nightfall. You can. More than a few have been made so far. At least one person on the forum even has one. (@SangariaSXNF).

So either try harder with your dealers or, if you keep failing, reach out to @StephenCantrelle. He definitely knows what’s going on when it comes to Tellurides.

Either that or get Failcat ready and start calling every dealer that has a regular SX in wolf gray headed their direction once they start rolling off the line, and make sure you take a screenshot to send to your local dealers along with a middle finger emoji. 😉

MDella89

Reaction score
I know we’ve discussed this before, but I guess you need to find a dealer who knows how to read the model and accessory code sheet. It clearly says that Wolf Gray is available only with option codes 030, 035, 040, and 045. That’s SX Nightfall, SX Nightfall with Towing, SX-Prestige Nightfall, and SX-Prestige Nightfall with Towing, respectively.

Never ever believe the online configurator, and I would have a hard time taking anyone who blindly believes it seriously, either. It still tells you that it is an impossibility to get an SX in Sangria with Nightfall. You can. More than a few have been made so far. At least one person on the forum even has one. (@SangariaSXNF).

So either try harder with your dealers or, if you keep failing, reach out to @StephenCantrelle. He definitely knows what’s going on when it comes to Tellurides.

Either that or get Failcat ready and start calling every dealer that has a regular SX in wolf gray headed their direction once they start rolling off the line, and make sure you take a screenshot to send to your local dealers along with a middle finger emoji. 😉
Wolf gray is available in EX nightfall as well!

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
Wolf gray is available in EX nightfall as well!
We know that. That is irrelevant to him because that’s not what he wants.

On the EX, 030 is EX with Premium and Nightfall, 035 is EX with Premium and Nightfall with towing. I didn’t add this to my list because it would have complicated my list and was known info that is not confused by the online configurator or unknowing dealers.

clam

Reaction score
Hello friends. It is Monday, September 14, and the month of Wolf Gray's Telluride ascent is nearly half over.

While no Wolf Gray beasts are verified to have been born as of yet, fear not. We expected Wolf Gray to launch on the scene in the latter half of the month, and there's no reason to believe it is anything other than fully on track.

Thank you for all of the well wishes, and let's keep putting positive energy towards this crucial and pivotal color transformation. Only one gray can capture the full rapture of nightfall terror combined with the smooth features of a handsome sport vehicle, well-appointed, with a powerful drivetrain paired with cutting-edge interior affordances.

Keep up the faith, and the next few weeks should be absolutely breathtaking!

Happy Idiot

Reaction score
Thanks for your question! The KIA motor company took a look at the available color combinations and decided that only black could assiduously express full coherence with the temperate perfection that is Wolf Gray.
haha that is funny!