No soliciting permitted.

Turn Lights

rayyan29m

Reaction score
Electrically sounds like you have the same setup as Canada. Meaning you have the LED tail/brake vertical lamps, but still have the halogen turn signals in the rear bumper? Only exception being you have a partially clear lens with an amber bulb.

Personally I like the utilization of the lights in the bumper, if it were mine I would just replace with a red or amber LED to get a cleaner look. I have the combination lamps in the US market where the tail/brake AND turn signal is on the LED vertical tail lamp. Originally the bumper had only reflectors in mine (standard for EX/SX trims in the US). I have since made my bumper lights function as rear fog lights. The third pic is the reflectors I removed and have since sold.

View attachment 8307 View attachment 8308 View attachment 8309 View attachment 8310
Hi,

Can you share some pictures or on how to remove the rear bumper and replace the reflector or light on the bumper please. Thanks

mrad31

Reaction score
@rayyan29m yes here are instructions on bumper removal. I don't really have good photos of removing the assemblies from the bumper, but its pretty obvious where the screw posts are once removed.

Attachments

• Rear Bumper Removal.pdf
    7 MB · Views: 32
  • dgHVo3KBRzWHQFIQi5smRA.jpg
    dgHVo3KBRzWHQFIQi5smRA.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 27
  • fullsizeoutput_44d.png
    fullsizeoutput_44d.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

rayyan29m

Reaction score
@rayyan29m yes here are instructions on bumper removal. I don't really have good photos of removing the assemblies from the bumper, but its pretty obvious where the screw posts are once removed.
@mrad31 Thank you very much for the sharing the information much appreciated. The document is very informative and this is what I was looking for. Thanks again.

Bohen

Reaction score
Electrically sounds like you have the same setup as Canada. Meaning you have the LED tail/brake vertical lamps, but still have the halogen turn signals in the rear bumper? Only exception being you have a partially clear lens with an amber bulb.

Personally I like the utilization of the lights in the bumper, if it were mine I would just replace with a red or amber LED to get a cleaner look. I have the combination lamps in the US market where the tail/brake AND turn signal is on the LED vertical tail lamp. Originally the bumper had only reflectors in mine (standard for EX/SX trims in the US). I have since made my bumper lights function as rear fog lights. The third pic is the reflectors I removed and have since sold.

View attachment 8307 View attachment 8308 View attachment 8309 View attachment 8310
So I got a question I've noticed that you have incorporated puddle is incorporated puddle lights as well as foot well lighting What products did you use and links please ?

I love the idea of puddle lights,foot well lights .

Thanks 👍

mrad31

Reaction score
@Bohen yes I have added some white LEDs for both puddle and footwell lighting.

For the puddle lamps I purchased these LED bolts on Amazon. To install I drilled a hole in the bottom of the door panel and sourced the pocket lamp signal and a ground to drive the LED with the pocket lamp. I also installed a barrel connector so if the panel needs removed in the future it can be done without breaking the connection permanently.

I have less helpful info for the footwell lighting. You see I have a large collection of various light strings, modules, chips, etc. from my R/C hobby days and more recent days as an undergrad haha. So the lights I used I honestly have no idea where I acquired them, likely a garage sale or flea market purchase with a whole bunch of other misc. parts. What I can tell you is the modules used accepted a range of 9-18V, cool white in color and already had adhesive backing. All of which were a plus to the footwell lighting application. Especially the voltage input range. For this install I wanted them to have all of the same features as the overhead dome lights. So I took down the sunroof control box and soldered a connection to a test point around the driver map light. I then routed the wire down the headliner, left crash pad and to the center of the vehicle (under the area where the wireless charger is). Here it meets an in-line fuse and a splitter to four connections. The four connections then simply routed to the driver, passenger and two second row captains chairs. Because of that voltage range they also fade in/out with the overhead lamps. These were installed nearly 2 years ago now and still working great! I do have some plans to swap the modules for some color ones but only if I can figure out how to sync the color with the selection in the head unit. Just need time to do some R&D.

The fun part of both of these projects is you can select any module you’d like as long as it operates at the proper voltage. I enjoy planning projects like this and even more so when they come together!

Bohen

Reaction score

For the puddle lamps I purchased these LED bolts on Amazon. To install I drilled a hole in the bottom of the door panel and sourced the pocket lamp signal and a ground to drive the LED with the pocket lamp. I also installed a barrel connector so if the panel needs removed in the future it can be done without breaking the connection permanently.

I have less helpful info for the footwell lighting. You see I have a large collection of various light strings, modules, chips, etc. from my R/C hobby days and more recent days as an undergrad haha. So the lights I used I honestly have no idea where I acquired them, likely a garage sale or flea market purchase with a whole bunch of other misc. parts. What I can tell you is the modules used accepted a range of 9-18V, cool white in color and already had adhesive backing. All of which were a plus to the footwell lighting application. Especially the voltage input range. For this install I wanted them to have all of the same features as the overhead dome lights. So I took down the sunroof control box and soldered a connection to a test point around the driver map light. I then routed the wire down the headliner, left crash pad and to the center of the vehicle (under the area where the wireless charger is). Here it meets an in-line fuse and a splitter to four connections. The four connections then simply routed to the driver, passenger and two second row captains chairs. Because of that voltage range they also fade in/out with the overhead lamps. These were installed nearly 2 years ago now and still working great! I do have some plans to swap the modules for some color ones but only if I can figure out how to sync the color with the selection in the head unit. Just need time to do some R&D.

The fun part of both of these projects is you can select any module you’d like as long as it operates at the proper voltage. I enjoy planning projects like this and even more so when they come together!
Ty

Bohen

Reaction score

Did you wire your puddle lights to ?

mrad31

Reaction score
@Bohen yes the puddle lights are hard wired. Because I selected a low wattage LED, I just wired them in parallel with the stock light in the door handle. It’s officially called the pocket lamp signal in Kia’s schematics. Of course, wire colors can change across years and maybe even trims, but the there was a 6 position connector (easily accessible after door panel is removed) that goes to the area of the door handle pins 5 & 6 gave me the signals I needed. From my notes these were a brown and black wire respectively; found and verified by trial and error really.

Bohen

Reaction score
@Bohen yes the puddle lights are hard wired. Because I selected a low wattage LED, I just wired them in parallel with the stock light in the door handle. It’s officially called the pocket lamp signal in Kia’s schematics. Of course, wire colors can change across years and maybe even trims, but the there was a 6 position connector (easily accessible after door panel is removed) that goes to the area of the door handle pins 5 & 6 gave me the signals I needed. From my notes these were a brown and black wire respectively; found and verified by trial and error really.
I tried to look up the led but could not locate it .
Also can you post photos of the puddle lights ?

Thanks

mrad31

Reaction score

Bohen

Reaction score
@Bohen ah weird I think the Amazon link got butchered. I will leave the full link at the bottom of this reply.

I think it makes sense to point any remaining replies to other threads as this has gotten off topic for the rear turn signal inquiry. So I will reference you to the following:

My original Footwell Lighting post.

And this new post on the Puddle Light Project.

Amazon link - full url: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ADHUXGU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
By chance do you have how the puddle lights look when the door is open ?
I think I would like them to turn on underneath the body of the vehicle so that when you unlock it that it will light up underneath the vehicle instead of having to open the door ?

nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners