Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Aftermarket Wheels for the Telluride

rwmedia

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am a newbie to plastidip or whatever the correct term is. Can someone please enlighten me about the product you are using and how it is applied, as well as its durability? Thanks in advance for any info/advice....

rwmedia

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am a newbie to plastidip or whatever the correct term is. Can someone please enlighten me about the product you are using and how it is applied, as well as its durability? Thanks in advance for any info/advice....
NM, found it on the web. However, based on the description it says it is a rubber coating rather than plastic. Would be interested to know how long that lasts on wheels.

Jasondorin

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yea sorry that was not very clear. Paid $170 for the 20" Helo 894's....selling the OEM 18"s and the tires. Tires are easy, wheels maybe a market for them next fall for snow tires.
Just a question..is it really easy to sell used tires? all new to me, but how do you prove to someone that you only have X number of miles on them, etc. ? guess it has to be in person if someone is willing to pay, right? thanks.

critrider

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just a question..is it really easy to sell used tires? all new to me, but how do you prove to someone that you only have X number of miles on them, etc. ? guess it has to be in person if someone is willing to pay, right? thanks.
Fairly easy but shipping is prohibitive so it needs to be local. You do have to discount heavily though. They are OEM tires, so the manufacturer will not honor the warranty. Im selling the 18" Michelin Primacy tours, with 350 miles, for $100. Its a $200 tire. Craig's List or Offer up work pretty well. I have the installation records for the new wheels and tires from Discount Tire which shows the mileage when removed so that and a visual inspection is usually proof enough for buyers.

Jasondorin

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Fairly easy but shipping is prohibitive so it needs to be local. You do have to discount heavily though. They are OEM tires, so the manufacturer will not honor the warranty. Im selling the 18" Michelin Primacy tours, with 350 miles, for $100. Its a $200 tire. Craig's List or Offer up work pretty well. I have the installation records for the new wheels and tires from Discount Tire which shows the mileage when removed so that and a visual inspection is usually proof enough for buyers.
Thanks for the advice.

Jasondorin

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
anyone take the EX wheel and switch out to Black. Same tire. Cant tell from all the posts as its seems most have also increased size to match the SX....thanks in advance.

Appl2noe

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
This makes no sense to me. Sitting at the dealership having just taken delivery of our SXL (Canada) and they are trying to tell me the Niche Gamma M190’s won’t fit.

If the centre bore is slightly larger than factory is that still ok?

T-town918

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

This is my first post. My Moss Telluride S arrives on Tuesday. First off, not keeping the heart wheels on the ride. Can’t do it. I was looking at some wheels and I found these that would fall in my budget. Do you think these would fit the stock tires that I will have on my S? Do I need to call my dealer and find the exact specs on the tires just to make sure?

Thanks in advance and I’m glad to be a part of this forum.

John

Attachments

Canadiancrash

Reaction score
I have an SX canada and was told the same hhing. Looking at RTX Envy and was told the bore on the car is 67 and wheels 73. Tirecraft refuses to sell me anything for my Telluride.

Also SXL Canada? Thought it was delayed....

Sigo

Reaction score
Thinking about these for our Canadian SX for spring/summer/fall rims. Would keep the stock tires on them and will be keeping the stock rims for winter tires.

Don’t have much experience with after market rims. Any thoughts on how these may affect the overall ride of the vehicle? Or is less about the rims and more about the tires? I like the look but am not interested in making a change that could result in a harsher ride.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Attachments

Jdgate

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
As has been said earlier it is easy to sell used tires if they have life in them as someone is always looking for a discount. You probably can't prove that you only have XXX miles on them. However good pictures including pictures showing that they still are at factory new tread depth (10/32nds or what ever the factory is) on the inside, outside, and middle of tire will help a lot.

SX88

Reaction score
NM, found it on the web. However, based on the description it says it is a rubber coating rather than plastic. Would be interested to know how long that lasts on wheels.
Yes, it’s a rubbery coating and I applied it to my wheels with them still on the vehicle. Placed plastic bags behind each wheel to cover the calipers and rotors. Sprayed four coats of Plastidip on each wheel, allowing 15 minutes between coats for them to dry. The product lasts for a very long time. All I do periodically is touch up the wheels whenever they need it.

515EX

Reaction score
Thinking about these for our Canadian SX for spring/summer/fall rims. Would keep the stock tires on them and will be keeping the stock rims for winter tires.

Don’t have much experience with after market rims. Any thoughts on how these may affect the overall ride of the vehicle? Or is less about the rims and more about the tires? I like the look but am not interested in making a change that could result in a harsher ride.

Any feedback is appreciated.
I’ve been considering these as well. From what I’ve read on this forum from people who have switched from 18s to 20s, the difference is negligible. A good, quality tire will definitely help as well.

puneet777

Reaction score
Decided to plastidip my stock 20 inch heart shaped wheels with gloss black to match the tint and the rear small spoiler on the backscreen. However I got an accessory workshop to spray them with compressor gun (5 paint + 1 gloss coat) and not the regular can. I must say the results are brilliant and these come with a 3 year warranty against chips, tearing and any other issue. Not only I get a new look on the wheels, but I can revert to the priginal look anyday if I wish to. definitely worth considering for those wanting black wheels.

Attachments