Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Aftermarket Wheels for the Telluride

critrider

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have an EX and am moss-green with envy! (Mine is black tho.) Did you swap for 20 inch? Or was the $170/ea for 18 in wheels only?
Yea sorry that was not very clear. Paid $170 for the 20" Helo 894's....selling the OEM 18"s and the tires. Tires are easy, wheels maybe a market for them next fall for snow tires.

DDub11

Reaction score
Just got these last weekend! I love the look so much more with the black rims.View attachment 1242View attachment 1243View attachment 1244
Love the rims!
Just got these last weekend! I love the look so much more with the black rims.View attachment 1242View attachment 1243View attachment 1244
Love the new rims. Would you be willing to share where you got them, what brand, specs? Thanks for your patience with a newbie to aftermarket wheels. We have a FWD S on order and would like to go with the black rims.

rwmedia

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I mentioned this in another forum but you also have to consider the wheel offset. Apparently the stock KIA 20" rims have a 49.5mm offset which is quite a lot. I got that information from wheel-size.com so if anybody has anything different please let me know. I am looking for black rims but have only found 35 and 40mm offset so far. Will share if I come up with some interesting options.

critrider

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I mentioned this in another forum but you also have to consider the wheel offset. Apparently the stock KIA 20" rims have a 49.5mm offset which is quite a lot. I got that information from wheel-size.com so if anybody has anything different please let me know. I am looking for black rims but have only found 35 and 40mm offset so far. Will share if I come up with some interesting options.
Not sure about the 20"s but the 18"s are 49.5mm I installed a set of 20"s (Helo 894) with 38mm and probably most aftermarket wheels are less than 49.5. Its pretty much a non issue. At 38MM the tire will be slightly closer to the outside of the wheel well than stock. I cant really see much difference but Ill post a front on shot if anyone is interested.

OurRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
"At 38MM the tire will be slightly closer to the outside of the fender"

38 would basically be flush. Depending on the size tire you chose and the width of the rim.. Stock 20" are only 7.5 inches wide that's narrow for a 20in wheel.Thought I remember stock 20s being 45mm. offset but 4mm is nothing. Problems start when people deviate too much one way the other pushing the tire into the body on turns or the rim interferring w the brake caliper or just jam up the height or width of the wheel well.
114.3 5 lug is one of the most common sizes so there are thousands of combinations that will fit so it's ez to get confused.

CJsRide

Reaction score
Love the rims!

Love the new rims. Would you be willing to share where you got them, what brand, specs? Thanks for your patience with a newbie to aftermarket wheels. We have a FWD S on order and would like to go with the black rims.
Thank you! I got them at my local Les Schwab. There is a guy there I have trusted for a few years. He spent the better part of a week finding me something I would like that would fit like the stock 20’s. Mine are 20x9 Niche M190 Gamma in Matte Black.

critrider

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Interested. Trying to understand all the variables.
Helo Wheel 20x8.5", 38mm offset, 6.25 back space 32 lbs tires 245/50 R20

This is flush with the outside of the wheel well. I didn't eyeball the stock 18" set up so not sure it its any different.

Attachments

Last edited:

rwmedia

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
According to the tire size calculator I found online, the 38mm offset on an 8" wheel should give you an extra 5mm of clearance from the struts but add 17mm to the outside edge. The closest black wheels that look nice that I have found have been 40mm offset, at 1010tires.com. They are the FAST HD Thunder (but 8.5 wheel width) and the FAST Entourage at 8" but neither is as nice looking as the Niche. My primary concern isn't clearance as I agree with you that they should fit just fine since the difference is only a few mm, but I am wondering how that might affect wheel alignment and tire wear. Will keep looking for now. When I get some time I will talk to my friends at the local Kaltire and get some firsthand advice. Thanks to everyone for all of the great info.

CJsRide

Reaction score
I just ordered a S with white and having the 20s switched out for Niche Gamma here are the wheels will post when I take delivery on June 3rd
Just put these on my S a couple weeks ago. You will love the look. It really completes the SUV

Luvcats69

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I just ordered a S with white and having the 20s switched out for Niche Gamma here are the wheels will post when I take delivery on June 3rd
Looking forward to your post with pics. I think with white your vehicle will look stunning.

dallasdaines

Reaction score
I got impatient while waiting for options to show up on tirerack, so I plastidipped the stock S wheels as my temporary mental fix.
I've been considering this on my wife's white S. I haven't ever plastidipped wheels before, though. Did you take the lug nuts off prior to spraying the wheels?

dallasdaines

Reaction score
You don’t spray them while they’re on the car. Take the wheels off the vehicle.
I've seen it done both ways. There are a couple tutorials on YouTube of them being sprayed while on the car. You just have to mask appropriately, but they never address whether or not they take the lug nuts off. I would think that you would, though.

frfnugn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I've seen it done both ways. There are a couple tutorials on YouTube of them being sprayed while on the car. You just have to mask appropriately, but they never address whether or not they take the lug nuts off. I would think that you would, though.
I suppose spraying while on the car, with appropriate masking, is doable, but taking them off would be the preferred method in my mind. I sprayed some former wheels, and you’ll get fewer runs/drips and an easier time spraying with the wheels lying flat rather than upright on the vehicle. Not to mention you’ll have to mask the brake components behind the wheel, which would be a chore to get in and around the wheel well.