Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Aftermarket Wheels for the Telluride

rwmedia

Reaction score
Decided to plastidip my stock 20 inch heart shaped wheels with gloss black to match the tint and the rear small spoiler on the backscreen. However I got an accessory workshop to spray them with compressor gun (5 paint + 1 gloss coat) and not the regular can. I must say the results are brilliant and these come with a 3 year warranty against chips, tearing and any other issue. Not only I get a new look on the wheels, but I can revert to the priginal look anyday if I wish to. definitely worth considering for those wanting black wheels.
Looks amazing. Any chance you would be willing to share what that cost you to get it done?

Sigo

Reaction score
I’ve been considering these as well. From what I’ve read on this forum from people who have switched from 18s to 20s, the difference is negligible. A good, quality tire will definitely help as well.
Thanks. We actually have stock 20s so replacing with these wouldn’t increase the wheel size, so it doesn’t sound like any impact to ride quality. However was speaking to a distributor this morning and he indicated these are a pretty aggressive wheel so would visibly be wider than the vehicle body. Also indicated that because of the width wouldn’t fit the stock tires that the telluride comes with. I’m not interested in purchasing new tires right now so will likely look at a different option.

Danimal

Reaction score
Decided to plastidip my stock 20 inch heart shaped wheels with gloss black to match the tint and the rear small spoiler on the backscreen. However I got an accessory workshop to spray them with compressor gun (5 paint + 1 gloss coat) and not the regular can. I must say the results are brilliant and these come with a 3 year warranty against chips, tearing and any other issue. Not only I get a new look on the wheels, but I can revert to the priginal look anyday if I wish to. definitely worth considering for those wanting black wheels.
I would do the same - big improvement over stock

Danimal

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the FAST branded wheels need hub centric rings? It's what the dealers in Canada are making available to purchase before delivery but I really would prefer a direct bolt on solution with no rings required.

Sigo

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the FAST branded wheels need hub centric rings? It's what the dealers in Canada are making available to purchase before delivery but I really would prefer a direct bolt on solution with no rings required.
I was looking at this FAST brand wheel and was informed by the distributor that it is hub centric and would not require a hub ring. Not sure about other FAST wheel models.

Danimal

Reaction score
I was looking at this FAST brand wheel and was informed by the distributor that it is hub centric and would not require a hub ring. Not sure about other FAST wheel models.

I saw one of these in person the other day, inquired with the dealer to see if they can give me more info. See the pic I took

Attachments

Another Brother

Reaction score
Thank you, puneet777, for making up my mind for me. Have been agonising over Moss Green and Ebony Black, unavailability of stock black wheels here in the UAE, the wisdom of buying a dark car in a hot country, etc.

Having seen your pictures, however, I’ll just get the same Snow White Pearl as you and follow you again on plastidipping the stock wheels (which are the same here as the ones you’ve got).

puneet777

Reaction score
Hey there. Good choice. Pearl white and blacked out wheels is a brilliant combination. I went with the Dune Brown as there wasn’t any other choice. I must say I’m quite a fan of how she looks now.

Elayex

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
22x9

32mm offset

Wow, I think that is the lowest offset of anyone on the forum so far (that I've seen).

Can you post some detailed pics? Would love to see a shot straight down the side to see how much tire sticks out from the wheelwell. Can you also let us know what tires you went with?

Last edited:

jerflores

Reaction score
so thinking about getting these rimmy rims, KMC KM694 Black 20 X 8.5 / 5 x 114.3, +38offset. I expect they should be no problems, but if anyone has any comments that would be great. Also, recommendations on tires and where can I sell my OEM tires/rims to help pay for the upgrade would be greatly appreciated. I live in Miami, FL.
1564436427702.png

Elayex

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It will vary depending on what your tire choice is but you might want consider additional factors like scrub radius which could affect braking, tire wear, how the vehicle handles abnormalities in the road, etc just so you have more info to make your decision. But you're certainly not going to have rubbing issues with 20x8.5 w/ 38 offset and there's other forum members here with that set up.

This is a helpful tool: Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!