No soliciting permitted.

Battery discharge warning

Ciscokd2000

Reaction score
This will be my 2nd time with the telluride battery dying....I could have been stranded somewhere since I don't have a portable battery charger....where do you get one?
The issue is a bad cell on the battery. I had the old battery charged three time . Took my Kia in for service , found out that battery had a bad cell.

Tom I

Reaction score
I have the same problem. My Telluride is just over a year old and it was fine for the first year. The discharge message started about a month ago , the dealer replaced the battery and the very next day, the message came back. I have to take it back to the dealer. My guess is that there is an electrical issue that will have to be solved by KIA and hopefully that will be soon.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Tom I

Reaction score
Going to drop it off tonight for them to check to see which one. Last time this happened, the sent someone out to jump it off and just assumed the headlights were left on, but based on a timer these normally cut themselves off, so it's hard to believe it was just that. This time nothing was left on or plugged in.
The problem of "battery discharging due to external electronic devices" was solved by my dealer who had the car for a week. They had to replace a module that controls the radio which was drawing down the battery when the vehicle was turned off. They called it the repair "replacing the LDC unit, part number K95300 S9000. The dealer did mention that KIA was now aware of this situation.