Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

For those of you who were waiting for the Hyundai Palisade - here's the pricing...

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I still prefer the Telluride over the Palisade.

I've to say, though, that Palisade has some options that the Telluride lacks. But overall packaging, design, price, and availability is what swayed me to get the Telluride and we are very happy with it.

CYa

Reaction score
According to the Googles, 53,999 Canadian dollars equals 40,150 US$ at the moment.

I did some calculations from the US price sheets a few days ago, here a maxed out Limited looked to price out as about $48,500 (including destination charges, IIRC.) Very few options to add at Limited, almost everything already included. I'm guessing the Canadian Ltd may have more of that as options/packages?

Anyways, since the Tellurides are made in the US, I guess the chances of snagging an SX-P don't really improve by shopping Canada? Though that might be a way to get a Burgundy SX? Do they meet US emissions & other regs? 2.5% duty crossing the border, but perhaps worth it if you really want Burgundy. Then track down someone in the US willing to sell the black SX wheels.

Last edited:
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

rvv2002

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
47905 with freight and cargo net/mats for limited awd. Seems like trailer pkg and self leveling rear suspension are std in limited trim.

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
47905 with freight and cargo net/mats for limited awd. Seems like trailer pkg and self leveling rear suspension are std in limited trim.
So it looks like according to the Hyundai Canada website the owners manual specs out the 350lb tongue weight. So the early buyers of the Palisade get somewhat shafted just like the Telluride early buyers in that they are paying for a towing package that is spec’ed for the max of the Sorento. I read on a 2018 VW Atlas forum that the same thing happened to early Atlas buyers, VW released a lower than spec tow package that was added to new buyers and months later released a revised towing option that got the max capacity.

rvv2002

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So it looks like according to the Hyundai Canada website the owners manual specs out the 350lb tongue weight. So the early buyers of the Palisade get somewhat shafted just like the Telluride early buyers in that they are paying for a towing package that is spec’ed for the max of the Sorento. I read on a 2018 VW Atlas forum that the same thing happened to early Atlas buyers, VW released a lower than spec tow package that was added to new buyers and months later released a revised towing option that got the max capacity.
There is a new US video review that shows the hitch and cable. I dont tow stuff so I cant tell 7 pin versus 4 pin apart. But if you can, it's at the 14:00 mark.

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
There is a new US video review that shows the hitch and cable. I dont tow stuff so I cant tell 7 pin versus 4 pin apart. But if you can, it's at the 14:00 mark.
In the video it's a 4 pin cable just like the Telluride. This is not good since you cannot have an electric brake controller with 4 pin (you need the 7 pin for that) and you cannot tow safely between 4000-5000 lbs without electric brakes.

rvv2002

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
In the video it's a 4 pin cable just like the Telluride. This is not good since you cannot have an electric brake controller with 4 pin (you need the 7 pin for that) and you cannot tow safely between 4000-5000 lbs without electric brakes.
So same deal at the Telluride (with two pkg). Thanks for clearing that up.