Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Give me strength!

ernysan

Reaction score
Just got back from the body shop. $740.00 to repair. I told them to not replace the SX and AWD badges. That saved me $100.
Just got back from the body shop. $740.00 to repair. I told them to not replace the SX and AWD badges. That saved me $100.
BTW they can take off and reuse the badges or ask for them and keep it
Don't let the body shop to keep it and used later

Mr.JB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I've know the owner of the shop many years. I also know the lead tech even longer, so that is why I chose this shop. The owner did my estimate and walked through what needed to happen. He said the Telluride wasn't in his estimation system so he used his experience to get to a number. He also knows that I'm paying for repairs myself and not making an insurance claim. I asked him about matching the paint color and he looked at me and said we have done tougher matches than this. He took the paint codes and said we got this. I know when done, it will be perfect.

Wap52

Reaction score
I've know the owner of the shop many years. I also know the lead tech even longer, so that is why I chose this shop. The owner did my estimate and walked through what needed to happen. He said the Telluride wasn't in his estimation system so he used his experience to get to a number. He also knows that I'm paying for repairs myself and not making an insurance claim. I asked him about matching the paint color and he looked at me and said we have done tougher matches than this. He took the paint codes and said we got this. I know when done, it will be perfect.
Good. I just know when my Sorento had to go the dealer I took had a hard time matching the titanium I have but in the end it turned out great
Just glad you got it fixed

ernysan

Reaction score
After all this "SUPPORT" you better post some nice pics when done...……..

Mr.JB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The body shop I went to is very good and have work backed up. We drop the Telluride off on Monday June 24th and pick it up on Friday of that week. It pains me to see it this way and to continue to wait to get it fixed.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

emj123

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Looks worse than metal/plastic damage, but should be less expensive to repair. This is assuming that the glass is available yet for such a new vehicle. Sorry and good luck getting it resolved quickly!
Thanks! And yeah, Safelight told me 7-10 business days for them to get the glass in-hand. THEN they will call me to schedule an appointment. :(

emj123

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh NO. Another Telluride was eaten by a Garage door. I hope you don’t mind but I will be sharing your picture with my wife.
Of course not! Was my own stupidity. I guess I was preoccupied, and/or not quite awake. Been in this house 20 years and this is the first time it has happened. Of course it had to happen with my 2 month old Telluride...

cheeks80

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Should a glass window shatter to pieces upon impact. I always though they are shatter proof and the pieces stick.... This is bit concerning...
It should not break like that unless you hit it with a specialty tool

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Should a glass window shatter to pieces upon impact. I always though they are shatter proof and the pieces stick.... This is bit concerning...
It should not break like that unless you hit it with a specialty tool

Yes, it should shatter, safety glass is only for the windshield. Other glass is tempered glass and will shatter.