No soliciting permitted.

Headlight Led Upgrade

JonFar111

Reaction score
I don’t get it. In the pictures above your post, the halogen lights look brighter and focused exactly on the center of that concrete driveway—as they should be driving down the road. As for the LEDs, they definitely look whiter, but not as bright as the halogens or focused at all. It just looks like a wash of white light to me. Don’t see how it makes driving any safer.
I suspect it's more of an issue with the quality of a smartphone photo than it is with the light output. I've never been able to get a shot that looked nearly as good as the view I has sitting in the car. The original halogens were AWFUL. I installed HIDs, which are significantly brighter, whiter and far outshine (distance) than the halogens. My 2 cents...

techinv

Reaction score
Thank you for the photos. Can you see farther?
The Twelvolt lights throw a deeper, brighter patch of light than the OEM bulbs from Kia (at least for the EX and the S, not sure about the other trim levels). I'd say that the difference in the lights is not so much that you can see farther, it's that you can see the road in front of you better, you can see pedestrians in the street better, and you can see cars in front of you better. So overall, driving at night feels a whole lot safer. I've not driven with the new lights in the rain yet, but I'm really hoping that I see the same level of improvement in the rain that I'm seeing in dry conditions.

FeGee3

Reaction score
For those of you interested this is my take on the LASFIT LED bulb replacement set for my 2021 S (2020 Kia Telluride LED Bulbs 9005 Exterior Lights Upgrade). The set includes headlights, front turn signals, license plate lights, and reverse lights. This is so far a short-term review, and I will start it off by saying that the whole set has thus far met expectations. The installation video was also appreciated and used for my own install (in case you too are a do-enough-to-get-by tech). The turn signal lights, license plate lights and reverse lights are all brighter than stock and definitely a 5/5. The headlights, however, I will rate a 4/5 because (from my experience so far) there is a couple pros but one con. Headlight PROs: low and high beams match the DRLs perfectly, low beam is visibly more crisp and has even changed my mind about considering a fog-light retrofit for my S trim (low-down and R/L visibly improved over stock), and high beams overall more crisp. Headlight CON: high beams are not visibly brighter or wider than low beams, they just seem to extend upwards range over the low beams and ever-so-slightly outward (whereas stock high beams were brighter and more full over stock low beams). Overall I will highly recommend this whole set and even the headlights alone as they are a clear upgrade over stock. Attached photos below of before/after upgrades (sorry the reverse light comparison is subpar, not a pro photographer by any means and did what I could without a second set of hands). Total cost for all bulbs was $160, plus maybe 1hr total for installation. Let me know if you have questions or feedback.

Attachments

• Lasfit headlight.jpg
    Lasfit headlight.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Lasfit left stock right headlights.jpg
    Lasfit left stock right headlights.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 34
  • Lasfit left stock right reverse.jpg
    Lasfit left stock right reverse.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Lasfit lp.jpg
    Lasfit lp.jpg
    600.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Lasfit turn.jpg
    Lasfit turn.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Stock headlight.jpg
    Stock headlight.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Stock lp.jpg
    Stock lp.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Stock turns.jpg
    Stock turns.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 33

Mavrx

Reaction score
Hikari and Sealight is on sale right now on Amazon

telluride20

Reaction score
For those of you interested this is my take on the LASFIT LED bulb replacement set for my 2021 S (2020 Kia Telluride LED Bulbs 9005 Exterior Lights Upgrade). The set includes headlights, front turn signals, license plate lights, and reverse lights. This is so far a short-term review, and I will start it off by saying that the whole set has thus far met expectations. The installation video was also appreciated and used for my own install (in case you too are a do-enough-to-get-by tech). The turn signal lights, license plate lights and reverse lights are all brighter than stock and definitely a 5/5. The headlights, however, I will rate a 4/5 because (from my experience so far) there is a couple pros but one con. Headlight PROs: low and high beams match the DRLs perfectly, low beam is visibly more crisp and has even changed my mind about considering a fog-light retrofit for my S trim (low-down and R/L visibly improved over stock), and high beams overall more crisp. Headlight CON: high beams are not visibly brighter or wider than low beams, they just seem to extend upwards range over the low beams and ever-so-slightly outward (whereas stock high beams were brighter and more full over stock low beams). Overall I will highly recommend this whole set and even the headlights alone as they are a clear upgrade over stock. Attached photos below of before/after upgrades (sorry the reverse light comparison is subpar, not a pro photographer by any means and did what I could without a second set of hands). Total cost for all bulbs was $160, plus maybe 1hr total for installation. Let me know if you have questions or feedback.
@FeGee3 now that you've had the replacement LED lights for about a month, do you still like them?

Pappy

Reaction score

reigndeerz

Reaction score
@FeGee3 now that you've had the replacement LED lights for about a month, do you still like them?

I have the LASFIT installed about a month ago and they are still working perfectly fine.

Only thing I'd note is it flickers really slightly when the engine restarts from being on auto standby, but I imagine that would be true for all lights and not just the LASFIT.

telluride20

Reaction score
I have the LASFIT installed about a month ago and they are still working perfectly fine.

Only thing I'd note is it flickers really slightly when the engine restarts from being on auto standby, but I imagine that would be true for all lights and not just the LASFIT.
Thanks for your feedback, I was about to pull the trigger on the Veteran's Day sale they have now but was thinking of waiting till Black Friday if that deal's better.

JGBJanet

Reaction score
I have a 2021 sx coming, so will have the led lights, which I hate on oncoming cars, but that’s beside the point. What I am thrilled to read here going back through this thread is the relative simplicity of replacing the bulbs! I actually asked the dealer about it but of course he’s had no experience. I had to change the burnt out bulb(s) on my 2009 Traverse, only to find out that the entire front end had to be removed! No car handy people here, even with you tube! I had to pay a collision shop to take the darn thing apart and replace the bulbs. $$$.

FeGee3

Reaction score
Overall yes I do. But there is a caveat. The headlights I highly recommend, along with reverse lights and license plate lights. Great look. The front turn signal lights DO NOT WORK as purchased because they did not come with a resistor kit to fix the hyperblinking issue. I purchased a kit from Diode Dynamics but have not yet installed it (just reinstalled factory turn bulbs for now). This will theoretically fix the problem, but I'm disappointed with the Lasfit people for selling me something that is marketed for the Telly but didn't work.

FeGee3

Reaction score

I noticed the same thing with my Lasfit headlights but I believe that happened with stock bulbs too. Did you get the turn signal led bulbs from Lasfit as well?

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have a 2021 sx coming, so will have the led lights, which I hate on oncoming cars, but that’s beside the point. What I am thrilled to read here going back through this thread is the relative simplicity of replacing the bulbs! I actually asked the dealer about it but of course he’s had no experience. I had to change the burnt out bulb(s) on my 2009 Traverse, only to find out that the entire front end had to be removed! No car handy people here, even with you tube! I had to pay a collision shop to take the darn thing apart and replace the bulbs. $$$.
You won’t have the option to replace the OEM LED on the SX and the 21 EX-P. The people discussing swapping bulbs are the owners that have halogen projector housings. This option gives the ability to try better Halogens, drop in LED bulbs or HiD upgrades. If you have the Kia LED headlights you are stuck loving or hating them.

JGBJanet

Reaction score
You won’t have the option to replace the OEM LED on the SX and the 21 EX-P. The people discussing swapping bulbs are the owners that have halogen projector housings. This option gives the ability to try better Halogens, drop in LED bulbs or HiD upgrades. If you have the Kia LED headlights you are stuck loving or hating them.
No, I was only thinking about the eventuality that a bulb goes bad or burns out and has to be replaced. I hated having to have my front end removed to get to thrm on the Traverse!

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
No, I was only thinking about the eventuality that a bulb goes bad or burns out and has to be replaced. I hated having to have my front end removed to get to thrm on the Traverse!
I would hope that expensive LED high and low beam from Kia would outlast the vehicle but to does look easy to replace after a hefty hit to the wallet. I think the LED panels are $450 per side. They do require special alignment so it still might be a dealer install. The OEM halogen bulbs are $10 each.

Attachments

• halogen back.jpg
    halogen back.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 4
  • led back.jpg
    led back.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

JGBJanet

Reaction score
I would hope that expensive LED high and low beam from Kia would outlast the vehicle but to does look easy to replace after a hefty hit to the wallet. I think the LED panels are $450 per side. They do require special alignment so it still might be a dealer install. The OEM halogen bulbs are $10 each.
My current car is 12 years old, so it’s a possibility, even for led. I would hope if the led fails prematurely, as some bulbs do, it would be covered under warranty up to some point.

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My current car is 12 years old, so it’s a possibility, even for led. I would hope if the led fails prematurely, as some bulbs do, it would be covered under warranty up to some point.
I think that's precisely why LEDs last so much longer. It's chip and not a bulb with a filament. I would hope if it fails within the 10yr/100K warranty Kia would want to replace it and take it back to figure out why it failed.

JGBJanet

Reaction score
I think that's precisely why LEDs last so much longer. It's chip and not a bulb with a filament. I would hope if it fails within the 10yr/100K warranty Kia would want to replace it and take it back to figure out why it failed.
I wonder how they differ in technology from household led bulbs. I have had a number of those fail.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I wonder how they differ in technology from household led bulbs. I have had a number of those fail.
Well household bulbs are not engineered to project out 300ft :) off of <12v. In my experience I’ve replaced nearly all my household bulbs with LED and have only had a garage shop light and exterior flood fail me within a couple years. Both of them were bargain clearance items, so I wasn’t surprised.

Last edited: