Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Hey Canadian Buyers , who wants the 20" Black wheels ??

j4ypal

Reaction score
Update: Got a call back from the Kia rep. She told me she would pass along the comments regarding the wheels. She also said we are definitely not alone, they receive this comment from dealerships also. She said we might see the wheels later since the Telluride is brand new. Personal comment: If we ever see the wheels in Canada it most likely will not be for the 2020 model year.

For me personnally I am not willing to shell out 2k on a set of wheels and be stuck with OEM wheels I am not able to sell.

My top choice is now the 2020 Highlander unless it has major drawbacks.

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Update: Got a call back from the Kia rep. She told me she would pass along the comments regarding the wheels. She also said we are definitely not alone, they receive this comment from dealerships also. She said we might see the wheels later since the Telluride is brand new. Personal comment: If we ever see the wheels in Canada it most likely will not be for the 2020 model year.

For me personnally I am not willing to shell out 2k on a set of wheels and be stuck with OEM wheels I am not able to sell.

My top choice is now the 2020 Highlander unless it has major drawbacks.
I found a great wheel from the US that could be had for under $1000 CDN , but I'm not doing it unless they credit me ..............I've sold lots of BMW wheels , but there was always a receptive market .....................a Kia 20" not likely , UNLESS some US owners dont want Black , which will happen at some point , but the logistics of getting that organized would be painful .......................thanks for help !!

ArtieBar64

Reaction score
I’ve sent an email as you have suggested. I am truly disappointed if that’s the case! I will not spend an additional $1400 for wheels. That’s extremely poor sales tactics to advertise a vehicle with 20” black wheels and then not offer them in Canada.

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’ve sent an email as you have suggested. I am truly disappointed if that’s the case! I will not spend an additional $1400 for wheels. That’s extremely poor sales tactics to advertise a vehicle with 20” black wheels and then not offer them in Canada.
keep the pressure on , they made a mistake > We can push them to correct !!

mario.b1985

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I sent an email to Kia Canada as well. I let them know that I think the wheel the SX limited comes with does not give it that "upper trim" look like other cars do when you select a higher trim. Mind you, if you look close enough at the stock 20" wheels, you can see heart shapes.... that just killed it for me....

I have one question as im not really a tire/wheel expert. All those options that are listed on discount tire, if Ipurchase one, will it fit the stock wheels the Telluride will come with? At this point im just going to use these OEM's as my winter wheels.

mario.b1985

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So I got a pretty quick response from Kia - this is what they said: (Is this person just confused or did something recently change?)

Thank you for your email to Kia Canada to inquire about the black alloy rims for the 2020 Kia Telluride.

In Canada, all 2020 Kia Telluride trims come with the regular alloy rims from factory, the black alloy wheels are available to be purchased as accessory; we recommend you to discuss the details with your salesperson at the dealer, he would be in a better position to provide you with more details.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So I got a pretty quick response from Kia - this is what they said: (Is this person just confused or did something recently change?)

Thank you for your email to Kia Canada to inquire about the black alloy rims for the 2020 Kia Telluride.

In Canada, all 2020 Kia Telluride trims come with the regular alloy rims from factory, the black alloy wheels are available to be purchased as accessory; we recommend you to discuss the details with your salesperson at the dealer, he would be in a better position to provide you with more details.
...........at OUR cost ..they should rebate the OEM wheel cost !! maybe send that back to them , I did , keep the pressure on .

mario.b1985

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
ya i already sent that to my sales rep. I'm surprised they are even offering it as an option? I thought they just were flat out not available.

critrider

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
There was a post somewhere, maybe facebook, where the factory black SX wheel was quoted @ $750 ea (no tires). Yeaa...pass!

mario.b1985

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yea I wouldn’t be surprised. My 11’ Forte Koup OEM wheel got dented and I tried to get a new one and it was $500 for 18”

Marty/London

Reaction score
Start here , they should respond , if they dont I'll give you a name ..... Thanks
Contact Us | Kia Canada
Hello,

What is the Director email?

I sent an email to Kia Canada, just waiting for a response. We purchased this SUV on April 01, 2019 SXL model. Still waiting. We got the dark moss colour.

At the end of the day, Kia needs to offer those rims to select models in Canada.

Marty

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I sent an email to Kia Canada as well. I let them know that I think the wheel the SX limited comes with does not give it that "upper trim" look like other cars do when you select a higher trim. Mind you, if you look close enough at the stock 20" wheels, you can see heart shapes.... that just killed it for me....

I have one question as im not really a tire/wheel expert. All those options that are listed on discount tire, if Ipurchase one, will it fit the stock wheels the Telluride will come with? At this point im just going to use these OEM's as my winter wheels.
Yes , if its a 20 inch wheel , contact them directly for peace of mind ...................