You've found the busiest Telluride community online!

Please register and become a member. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Hey Canadian Buyers , who wants the 20" Black wheels ??

Schwinn

Reaction score
I'm a salesman at the local dealership, and we were disappointed that the black wheels aren't available. We had a customer also say they look like hearts, but the consensus was they look like badger or fox heads. I'm going with that.

Another Brother

Reaction score
Hi all from Abu Dhabi, UAE.

We have the same issue here. No black rims available for the SX - they just expect you to accept the standard wheels that come with even the basic trim Telluride.

The dealership tells me they can’t order black rims from the US ‘this year’. Next year, I ask? ‘We can’t say.’

If Kia want to move upmarket this is a disaster.

Danimal

Reaction score
Yes, I want the same wheels as well. I'm quite disappointed that I have had to even look at aftermarket whee options when such a nice looking OEM wheel is available.

I also want the black headliner, dune brown interior, and factory tow hitch. If they would bring this model here I'd buy it in a heartbeat for the current SX price.

Another Brother

Reaction score
On reflection one solution may be to get the car in Ebony Black and accept the love-heart stock wheels.

That way the colour scheme is two-tone and still sharp.

Another Brother

Reaction score
Saw this on Facebook. Someone in Canada who bought the SX with silver rims ended up having them professionally painted. Looks pretty good i think. I may ask the dealership if they can get this done for me.
The Kia dealer here in Abu Dhabi is offering this as a solution for customers wanting the black wheels (which aren’t available here). Albeit the customer has to pay (around USD 800).

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have been tempted to buy new black wheels for my Stinger and decided to try Plast Dip first to see howdipped.jpg the wheel tuned out and how black looked on the car , there is a definite "method" to achieve a deep wet look , as well as proper prep , cleaning masking etc , after 4 coats of black and 2 coats of their glossifier I decided I much preferred the "matte" finish ..............took about 10 mins to completely peel off the "Dip" .........I re sprayed with 4 more coats and this is one of the wheels ...................I'm very happy with the look , now we'll see about durability . CLICK to ENLARGE

G

G-597524

Hi , I am set on only buying a Telly SX Limited IF I can get it with the black 20" wheels that the US is getting ....................my dealer has confirmed that KIA Canada has decided not to offer them on the SX and above models . Today I sent a note to the Director of Marketing of KIA Canada making a case for the black wheel as an option .Are there any others that want them ?? We need to assemble as a group to press for their availability . Let me know and I'll gladly take the lead on this with KIA .
This is a real disappointment, I myself was thinking to Purchase the KIA, But only if it come with black wheels

T_ride

Reaction score
Ya looks like all terrain tires. Add says 20's But may be 18. Hard to read the side

G

G-731684

Hi , I am set on only buying a Telly SX Limited IF I can get it with the black 20" wheels that the US is getting ....................my dealer has confirmed that KIA Canada has decided not to offer them on the SX and above models . Today I sent a note to the Director of Marketing of KIA Canada making a case for the black wheel as an option .Are there any others that want them ?? We need to assemble as a group to press for their availability . Let me know and I'll gladly take the lead on this with KIA .
Absolutely...we just bought an SX and that's the single ONLY disappointment.

Telluridenewguy

Reaction score
FYI, an email I received from Kia Canada...
I sent a request for information/complait to KIA Canada for the black wheels and received a carbon copy of the letter you got. I will give them until winter tires season to offer us, Canadian the right wheels and not those silver hearth shaped ugly things (could have been a good design for a 6 year old girl). After that, if i can't get the same black wheels as the US customers without spending extra $$$$ (I will not be threated as a second class customer because i'm not American!), I will go and spend my $60K on a Pallisade.

540Oak

Reaction score
Just in the last couple of days I have become interested in the Telluride/Palisade. While watching a review of the Telluride, one of major things that caught my eye was the black wheels and how awesome they look. I am disappointed but no so much that I would not consider the Telluride. Though it's a sterling effort WestCoastTelly! I hope it works..

One thing I am not clear on..Can these wheels be purchased from Kia or you can even get them? From the email that you posted I cannot be certain.

thanks!

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just in the last couple of days I have become interested in the Telluride/Palisade. While watching a review of the Telluride, one of major things that caught my eye was the black wheels and how awesome they look. I am disappointed but no so much that I would not consider the Telluride. Though it's a sterling effort WestCoastTelly! I hope it works..

One thing I am not clear on..Can these wheels be purchased from Kia or you can even get them? From the email that you posted I cannot be certain.

thanks!
you cant get the exact wheel , but there are several other wheels which are quite attractive , that you will have to buy aftermarket..............

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

LtFireguy

Reaction score

thanks!
In my post above (July 25) I put an attachment from the letter I received from Kia that includes the wheels that they sell at their dealerships. Some members here have put the 20-inch black wheels on that Kia sells and have got them for much cheaper than what is actually listed from the dealer ($250). If you look through the pictures section I think some people have posted their vehicles with those wheels on them.