Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Hey Canadian Buyers , who wants the 20" Black wheels ??

mario.b1985

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Saw this on Facebook. Someone in Canada who bought the SX with silver rims ended up having them professionally painted. Looks pretty good i think. I may ask the dealership if they can get this done for me.

Attachments

Realretroguy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was disappointed about the Canadian wheel options. I'm considering plastidipping them but not sure how that holds up in winter. I don't know why they do that. Even the Sorento - in the US there are six trims, in Canada there are only three. They all come fro mthe same place so why not offer the same trims everywhere they're sold ?

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was disappointed about the Canadian wheel options. I'm considering plastidipping them but not sure how that holds up in winter. I don't know why they do that. Even the Sorento - in the US there are six trims, in Canada there are only three. They all come fro mthe same place so why not offer the same trims everywhere they're sold ?
Make sure you send a note to Kia Canada and mention the wheels issue , go on the site and make the comment , the dealers cant do anything so its wasted effort there

OneArmBandit

Reaction score
As soon I get my 2020 SX Prestige any one wants to swap they rims with my 20"black plus some extra cash let me know,Got me new sets 22/9 front with 265/40/22 tires and 22/10,5 rear with 305/35/22/

Hawkster

Reaction score
Hi All,
Came across this thread and was exactly what i was complaining about after i negotiated a deal for a Telluride. Dealer was negotiating with me based on the black rims which i showed them from the outset. Once deal was done, they found out the rims are not available in Canada. had to work out a discount to help me fund some after market rims, but was hugely disappointed with the lack of the black rims. Was looking at the Atlas from VW and they have really nice Black rims available for $995 CDN on top of vehicle price.

Milad

Reaction score
Hi All,
Came across this thread and was exactly what i was complaining about after i negotiated a deal for a Telluride. Dealer was negotiating with me based on the black rims which i showed them from the outset. Once deal was done, they found out the rims are not available in Canada. had to work out a discount to help me fund some after market rims, but was hugely disappointed with the lack of the black rims. Was looking at the Atlas from VW and they have really nice Black rims available for $995 CDN on top of vehicle price.
I really wanted the black rims too. I might just end up buying aftermarket black rims and using the stock rims for winter set of wheels/tires.

G

G-147532

Thank you for posting this information, I too have sent off an email to the link you provided. Hope this will help make this a reality for the Canadian buyers.

LtFireguy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi , I am set on only buying a Telly SX Limited IF I can get it with the black 20" wheels that the US is getting ....................my dealer has confirmed that KIA Canada has decided not to offer them on the SX and above models . Today I sent a note to the Director of Marketing of KIA Canada making a case for the black wheel as an option .Are there any others that want them ?? We need to assemble as a group to press for their availability . Let me know and I'll gladly take the lead on this with KIA . The lady make me look at other vehicles.
I'm currently awaiting the release of the Limited latest this spring and want the black wheel as well. Just that
Hi , I am set on only buying a Telly SX Limited IF I can get it with the black 20" wheels that the US is getting ....................my dealer has confirmed that KIA Canada has decided not to offer them on the SX and above models . Today I sent a note to the Director of Marketing of KIA Canada making a case for the black wheel as an option .Are there any others that want them ?? We need to assemble as a group to press for their availability . Let me know and I'll gladly take the lead on this with KIA .
I'm currently awaiting the release of the SX Limited later this spring. Black wheels really add to the look of this vehicle in my opinion and is one thing that may make me look elsewhere... like back to the Atlas where i started my vehicle search originally. I'll definitely back you in moving forward to press for the availability from Kia. It's just not right!

LtFireguy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Myself I would also like to be able to buy as an option or standard those 20" black wheels on the SX ... or maybe even on the EX.

Why does the Canadian SX come standard with the silver 20" wheels from the American S model ... which is below the EX trim level ? Makes no sense.
Somebody mentioned in another post how these current wheels look like they have a hearts all around them and now that's all I can see when I see them. Argggggg!

rwmedia

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Kia Canada , is NOT offering the 20" black wheels BUT they have developed a list of suitable wheels for sale at YOUR cost....... They just never seem to get it right , the Telly is the only SUV in the segment NOT to have a Black Wheel option ..................weak !!!

The list below is being sent to all Kia dealers in Canada , so they expect us to fork out another 1400 for wheels ? and what do we do the those ugly OEMs , who would buy them ???

https://www.fastwheels.ca/categories.aspx?v=kia_2020_telluride_sx+limited+v6+awd-sx+limited+v6+awd_s
Thanks for the list. I bought mine with the 20" chrome wheels and I really don't mind them but would prefer black so I am going to use the original wheels for winter tires and put the everyday tires on the black rims. Don't mind spending extra on wheels since I don't like ripping tires off rims anyway and have always had my winter tires on OEM rims. Appreciate all your hard work!

rwmedia

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The list you provided has wheels with different offsets (e.g., +30, +40). I looked up the wheel offset at wheel-size.com and it lists the KIA 20" rims as 7.5Jx20 ET49.5 which would mean a 49.5mm offset! That's going to be hard to find, I think. If anyone finds a good looking black aftermarket rim with that offset please let me know. Almost everything I am finding is 35mm or 40 at most.

Last edited:
G

G-101166

I just bought the EX version in Canada, it was a model in the showroom with black rims.. it was told to me that they only use the black rims in the showroom but since they didnt tell me before we had a verbal deal i only ended up paying $200 total for them and i'll use the silver rims on the winter tires. Maybe someone else can benefit from that logic also - good luck.

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I just bought the EX version in Canada, it was a model in the showroom with black rims.. it was told to me that they only use the black rims in the showroom but since they didnt tell me before we had a verbal deal i only ended up paying $200 total for them and i'll use the silver rims on the winter tires. Maybe someone else can benefit from that logic also - good luck.
Thats BS , they blew it by not offering the black wheel here then the dealer is tying to mislead you with a "showroom" edition but they really dont carry them , you have to pay for a wheel upgrade , the new Marketing guy at Kia Canada made this mistake and he should keep hearing about it until he fixes it , throwing the fix back to the dealers and expecting consumers to pay extra is just poor business ! imho !!

pernstar

Reaction score
Yes it sucks there are no black wheels and yes the black look awesome. So just buy aftermarket. You are not going to buy a $60,000 awesome car just because the color of the wheels? I'm going to get a set for winter anyways and will make it black

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Ya BUT most buyers will only want 1 wheel ? tire set , AS tires will work for most , I gave up on separate winter/summer set ups and went with UHPAS tires on one wheel .....................the issue for the Canadian market is there will be no resale value for the OEM wheels to recoup the cost of an after market black wheel........its going to be a $1000-1500 slap