Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Hyundai Palisade - Anyone buying instead of Telluride?

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Test drove both vehicles and Palisade wins. Not even a competition in the way it drives and all the features it has.
Yes, it is true that Palisade has a few more features that the Telluride doesn't have, but note that Telluride also has a few more features that the Palisade lacks.

Overall, however, it basically depends upon what design you like the best. There is really no wrong answer.

Kia / Hyundai have hit it out of the park with the launch of these two vehicles!

There is no need to defend your decision to purchase either of them.

regaphysics

Reaction score
To be honest, I think Hyundai's dealerships are much, much better in my area. Since 10 yr warranty is a big selling point - I think that is one of the biggest factors to consider.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I saw a Youtube video which indicated Telluride drives/feels more like a car vs Palisade more like an SUV. Can’t remember much details but I think it has to do with stiffer suspension.
I remember seeing something similar on YouTube. I think you got that backwards. I remember it saying the Palisade felt like a car.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

tallLeRoy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have ordered an AWD Palisade Limited from my local dealer. He did not have my colors on the way, so my wait begins. It came down to the seats. (And no availability of the SX Prestige.) Four way lumbar on the Palisade and two way on the Telluride.

LeRoy

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have ordered an AWD Palisade Limited from my local dealer. He did not have my colors on the way, so my wait begins. It came down to the seats. (And no availability of the SX Prestige.) Four way lumbar on the Palisade and two way on the Telluride.

LeRoy
You're gonna enjoy the Palisade Limited.

My old Sorento had 4-way power adjustable lumbar and for some drivers it is a God send.

Keep us posted and do post pics!

tellurride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
A few take aways on the Palisade.

Positive:
  • The power folding rear seats include power recline for the third row which is nice.
  • It includes LED headlights on the Limited trim.
  • The digital dash is nice and it is bright.
  • The ride is very quiet.
  • The limited front grille looks way better in person to me.

Negative:
  • The rear storage is a little smaller.
  • You can't get folding mirrors on the Palisade.
  • There is a bit more chrome work, if that isn't your thing.
  • I liked the storage area between the front seats better on the Telluride.

TellurideSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Are the front seats different on the top trim compared with the top trim SXP? Saw something here about the lumbar.

BPM

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I drove one yesterday. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I thought the center console would bother me with how big it was, but it's not bad in person. And neither is that face. Pictures often do not do these things justice, and I think it's the case with the Palisade.

I will say that the only thing I'm on the fence about is the headliner - on the limited model, with black seats, the headliner is black also, which makes the cabin very dark. And I don't like beige/gray interiors.

But honestly, I would have no issue purchasing either vehicle. Now waiting for the next set of incentives to see what's available.

sportsguy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I test drove both and can say they are almost identical except for a few interior differences. The drive was great in both. The seats in both SX Prestige and Palisade Limited are both amazing, better than BMW and Mercedes in my view. Just wish the Telluride had the digital gaugle cluster.