No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Hyundai Palisade - Anyone buying instead of Telluride?

G

G-581075

Palisade is more luxury upscale city looking. Telluride is more for rough off road. If you have $50,000 to take your vehicle off road, that's awesome.

Chuck4084

Reaction score
One of the main reasons I ended up with a Palisade instead of a Telluride quite frankly is our local Kia dealer sucks. We have a 2015 Sedona and I can say I have never had a positive experience when I have taken it in for service. We even had to buy it from a dealer 100mi away because their sales people were so incompetent. I would have been happy with either one, but the dealer made the difference. I do wish the Palisade had power folding mirrors, but I use the keyfob remote start quite a bit and the self leveling rear suspension is handy when towing. The push button gear selector takes some getting used to, more than once I've put it in Drive instead of Reverse. I would have preferred a regular gear shift. But after 2 months and 3000 miles I haven't regretted the purchase for a minute. Both are great cars.

DanPorges

Reaction score
While I am still a bit torn on the front end design of the Hyundai, I do really like the interior. I dont love the transmission buttons, but the digital guage cluster is a DEFINITE miss by Kia on the SX trim at least. The only reason I am not considering the Palisade over the Telluride is the placement of the tow package hitch. On the Palisade it looks like an afterthought and sticks out of the bottom, seemingly quite a bit lower than an incorporated hitch could or should.

1573234670381.png

The Telluride does a much better job of incorporating it into the rear design.

1573234772171.png

drizzt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
While I am still a bit torn on the front end design of the Hyundai, I do really like the interior. I dont love the transmission buttons, but the digital guage cluster is a DEFINITE miss by Kia on the SX trim at least. The only reason I am not considering the Palisade over the Telluride is the placement of the tow package hitch. On the Palisade it looks like an afterthought and sticks out of the bottom, seemingly quite a bit lower than an incorporated hitch could or should.

View attachment 4785

View attachment 4786
I think the difference stems from Kia being designed and produced for American market while Palisade designed and produced for Korean market. Koreans do not tow anything, thus an afterthought addition made for American consumers.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

DanPorges

Reaction score
I think the difference stems from Kia being designed and produced for American market while Palisade designed and produced for Korean market. Koreans do not tow anything, thus an afterthought addition made for American consumers.
Thats actually a great point and you are probably spot on. Its the same for my current lease, a VW Atlas. They designed and built it for America and the trailer hitch is seamlessly integrated, but when you look at the Toureg in Europe its not even comparable as I have one friend who has it and put the hitch on to two his son's kart racing trailer and now he scrapes it on his relatively steep driveway.

SorentoSXL

Reaction score

View attachment 4785

View attachment 4786
Interesting.

I do wish Kia would have thrown in stainless steel front and rear plates like they had on the Sorento. That would have completed the classy look. Either way, the silver plastic will likely wear better the chrome plating on the Palisade.

mikeg112

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

View attachment 4785

Wow you found my white Palisade! I had posted that about five months ago. Just a FYI curt came out with a newer hitch that hides the ugly bar. It looks a lot cleaner, others have also installed the “Hidden hitch” so there is no tow receiver that shows. Here’s a newer picture of the hitch, nothing at all like the OEM version:
DE86AE57-DFAE-45DA-8288-9D8B053CF5F7.jpeg

Mpgxsvcd

Reaction score
Wow you found my white Palisade! I had posted that about five months ago. Just a FYI curt came out with a newer hitch that hides the ugly bar. It looks a lot cleaner, others have also installed the “Hidden hitch” so there is no tow receiver that shows. Here’s a newer picture of the hitch, nothing at all like the OEM version:
View attachment 4788
That just looks entirely too low to the ground to be useful.

Last edited:

joey_baccala

Reaction score
I can walk into any Hyundai dealership and order a Palisade limited in my color of choice and I will have it in 3 weeks.

I ordered my SWP/SXP Aug 3 and was told that my order will not be delivered till maybe January if I was lucky. I have been to 5 dealerships I walk in and I ask for the Tellurides available and they say zero and walk away from me.

I’ve been to a dealership that had 2 of every color telluride SXP and was told it’s 10k over sticker and to kick rocks.

Today my 3 month drama ended as I scooped up a surprise allocated EB/SXP/Tow from the dealership I ordered from.

bakerwi

Reaction score
I can walk into any Hyundai dealership and order a Palisade limited in my color of choice and I will have it in 3 weeks.
I think that depends on where you are as far as getting a vehicle in 3 weeks. Here in the Atlanta Metro area this is not the case. My wife and I were ready to order a KIA SXP, but Kia stopped allowing orders at the time. We went into a local Hyundai dealership a day after they received (06/28/2019) their 1st Palisade (available for test drive only) on their lot. We were actually quite surprised at how good the vehicle actually looked in person. The videos and photos on-line really don't do it justice. We ordered a Limited AWD (06/28/2019) and just took delivery on 11/02/2019 (4+ months later). The dealer advised that the lower trim lines are easier to procure (4 to 6 weeks), but the Limited models (especially AWD) have a minimum 4 month wait.

Last edited:

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
We have a few in-stock.