- Reaction score
I am almost 6'5, and I fit comfortably. If you are more legs than torso you could have an issue with your knees hitting. I have plenty of extra head room though.
Above question was missed two times, could you please answer the whole question this time?1) Remote start is enabled by the UVO app.: I guess I wanted to know is it possible to re program the remote with Key combination to remote start the vehicle? Because UVO app is not free after one year, and this vehicle itself has all latest greatest techs then why missed this basic thing?
1. Re-programming the remote to remote start the vehicle: Not possible. However, we are looking into offering an alternative to the UVO app.I guess I wanted to know is it possible to re program the remote with Key combination to remote start the vehicle? Because UVO app is not free after one year, and this vehicle itself has all latest greatest techs then why missed this basic thing?
Above question was missed two times, could you please answer the whole question this time?
Also is there any possibility to connect CarPlay wirelessly to have USB data connections simultaneously, may this could be a OTA software fix? I guess this is must have?.
Since the side view mirrors can't be turned off, I would assume he's talking about the rear view mirror auto dimming which is default on and you have to turn it off on the mirror each time. Just like having to turn off that awful ISG feature every time.
1: re-programming here means a combination of keys pressed to remote start on remote key fob-> is not possible? Here someone mentioned that one of the dealer promised that.1. Re-programming the remote to remote start the vehicle: Not possible. However, we are looking into offering an alternative to the UVO app.
2. Wireless Apple CarPlay: Coming in the future.
Thank you very much for purchasing a Telluride! The vehicle has a long list of features so I completely understand you have questions.1) Is there a way to customize or change what the unlock button on the key fob does. I'd prefer a single press to unlock every door (including trunk). It would be nice to have this in the vehicle settings screen somewhere. Maybe I missed it.
1b) Same with drivers door button
2) Even better optional setting would be if all doors would unlock when the key fob is within a certain distance of the car (<3 feet similar to auto trunk open)
3) Is there a way to add HD Radar to the home screen (instead of weather or clock)? Honestly it seems to be the quickest way to display traffic in the area. Not a fan of android auto so far. And Kia map doesn't show traffic when I zoom out to see my entire commute. I drive in a north south direction so it not ideal for the widescreen.
4) It seems like the Kia map always wants to recenter itself and I haven't figured out how to pan the map without putting the crosshairs on it for destination.
I've only had mine since Saturday so I'm still learning. Sorry if these are noob questions.
Thank you for the inquiry.Are you considering different drivetrain options for the 21 or 22 Telluride. Ford is releasing a new Explorer with multiple drivetrains. I think it would be interesting to see the Twin Turbo option that is in the Stinger GT and I would be particularly interested in a Hybrid Drivetrain that gives about 30 mpg in the city. The Highlander also has a hybrid version that gives about 28mpg city.
Thank you for the inquiry. I am waiting for a reply from the department that handles this topic. As soon as I receive their response, I will share.@310TELLURIDER This might clear up lots of confusion on various threads in this website. The Telluride manual on page 5-148 specifies a Maximum Tongue Weight of 351 lbs.
1. Can someone from Kia confirm if that spec in the manual is identifying that the OEM Tow Hitch (S9F61-AU000 or S9F51-AU010) has a max tongue weight of 351 lbs?
The fact that the number is not 500 lbs suggest that according to spec, the OEM tow hitch should not be used to safely pull the max vehicle towing spec of 5,000 lbs. Legally most states require a brake controller beyond 3,000 lbs and the factory hitch option only includes a 4-wire harness connection suggests that the factory tow hitch and/or the factory tow package should not be used to ever tow more than 3,000 lbs, however the manual further states on the same page 5-148 that without a brake, the Telluride should only tow 1,650 lbs.
2. Will Kia ever sell an OEM tow hitch that is rated for a 500 lbs tongue weight and also offer a factory brake controller and 7-pin harness to actually achieve a safe and legal tow of a trailer close to 5,000 lbs?
This is very confusing because the tow hitch option ($475 MSRP) and the added towing package (+$795 MSRP) are being advertised along with the publicized 5,000 lbs towing capacity. But it sounds like neither OEM configuration from Kia gets you to past the recommended 1,650 lbs. In other parts of this website people have stated that dealers are quoting as much at $900 for the tow hitch and installation and just buying the OEM kit alone from kiastuff.com costs $650. I think there is potential to have many customers spending hundreds of dollars but not actually buying what they need to get what is being advertised.
It feels like a Class III 2" opening was used for an OEM tow hitch that is really only designed for a rating of a Class II and should have been a 1-1/4" opening. Kia Marketing also advertised the 5,000 lbs max towing weight which led people to believe that accommodations would be easily made for a brake controller and 7-pin wire harness. But then to further complicate things the manual suggests only 1,650 lbs without a brake, so the whole solution specs out like a Class I hitch when people are led to be believe that a Class III is an option.
If Kia does not plan to offer an OEM solution that can enable towing up to 5,000 lbs, it would probably ease many buyers' minds if they could confirm that aftermarket hitch, harness, controller with proper ratings would not automatically void the warranty.
Completely understand your concerns.310 thanks for being here. As others have mentioned the Towing package is very poorly done. Only a 4 pin connector( 7pin is the norm) and the car is not(from what I can find) prewired for a towing brake. Kia obviously has not done their research on comparable competitors in this category.
Thank you for ordering a Telluride! The Expresso Brown interior is beautiful - you will love it!I ordered a SX with espresso interior. I have only seen a few pics that are not great. Any chance of sending any pics? or info what exactly is brown. website shows black steering wheel, pics show brown steering wheel.. please help!