Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

New Member Intro (Telluride Product Planner answering product-related questions)

Mr White

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am almost 6'5, and I fit comfortably. If you are more legs than torso you could have an issue with your knees hitting. I have plenty of extra head room though.

Michi-Tell

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Almost 6'4 here and I fit great in the Telluride. Not so in almost every Subaru where my driver knee is always boxed in tightly.

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
1) Remote start is enabled by the UVO app.: I guess I wanted to know is it possible to re program the remote with Key combination to remote start the vehicle? Because UVO app is not free after one year, and this vehicle itself has all latest greatest techs then why missed this basic thing?
Above question was missed two times, could you please answer the whole question this time?
Also is there any possibility to connect CarPlay wirelessly to have USB data connections simultaneously, may this could be a OTA software fix? I guess this is must have?.

Last edited:

Jasondorin

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi Kia Employee, good of you to be part of this. There is a long thread about the front and rear temperature syncing...in that the only way to make it sync is by turning on the rear temp, by pressing rear on the console, then going to the UVO screen and hitting 'sync' to then have it sync, rather than what the manual says which is just to hit sync. I have the EX. Seems to be an issue on other models. I am taking it to my dealer (Jack Daniels in NJ) who say they are aware and will run diagnostics but are not sure when corporate will have a solution. Its a pain to have to go through this every time just to get the rear temp going.

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I guess I wanted to know is it possible to re program the remote with Key combination to remote start the vehicle? Because UVO app is not free after one year, and this vehicle itself has all latest greatest techs then why missed this basic thing?
Above question was missed two times, could you please answer the whole question this time?
Also is there any possibility to connect CarPlay wirelessly to have USB data connections simultaneously, may this could be a OTA software fix? I guess this is must have?.
1. Re-programming the remote to remote start the vehicle: Not possible. However, we are looking into offering an alternative to the UVO app.
2. Wireless Apple CarPlay: Coming in the future.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Can you please expand on this? Are you referring to the AUTO DIMMING OUTSIDE MIRRORS on your Stinger? Just inquiring out of curiosity.
Thank you.
Since the side view mirrors can't be turned off, I would assume he's talking about the rear view mirror auto dimming which is default on and you have to turn it off on the mirror each time. Just like having to turn off that awful ISG feature every time. :)

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
1. Re-programming the remote to remote start the vehicle: Not possible. However, we are looking into offering an alternative to the UVO app.
2. Wireless Apple CarPlay: Coming in the future.
1: re-programming here means a combination of keys pressed to remote start on remote key fob-> is not possible? Here someone mentioned that one of the dealer promised that.
2: that’s cool, I believe no charge OTA for telluriders?

ColMo

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Does the Telluride have any approach lighting - like the door handle area lighting up as you approach or a puddle light from the side mirrors?

FireMartZ

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Does the Telluride have any approach lighting - like the door handle area lighting up as you approach or a puddle light from the side mirrors?
My Canadian SX has. Mirrors unfold and door handle illuminates when approaching with the key.

CAsuKiHy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
This I know to answer, I don’t even have the car, there is manual online.

Moderator should delete conversation/posts that are not directed to this KIA person that is trying to get some input here. There are great questions and now it seems that some want to have general discussion.

It’s like that Facebook page where people are posting selfies going 80mph or asking about remote start..

KMJ

Reaction score
Are you considering different drivetrain options for the 21 or 22 Telluride. Ford is releasing a new Explorer with multiple drivetrains. I think it would be interesting to see the Twin Turbo option that is in the Stinger GT and I would be particularly interested in a Hybrid Drivetrain that gives about 30 mpg in the city. The Highlander also has a hybrid version that gives about 28mpg city.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
@310TELLURIDER This might clear up lots of confusion on various threads in this website. The Telluride manual on page 5-148 specifies a Maximum Tongue Weight of 351 lbs.

1. Can someone from Kia confirm if that spec in the manual is identifying that the OEM Tow Hitch (S9F61-AU000 or S9F51-AU010) has a max tongue weight of 351 lbs?

The fact that the number is not 500 lbs suggest that according to spec, the OEM tow hitch should not be used to safely pull the max vehicle towing spec of 5,000 lbs. Legally most states require a brake controller beyond 3,000 lbs and the factory hitch option only includes a 4-wire harness connection suggests that the factory tow hitch and/or the factory tow package should not be used to ever tow more than 3,000 lbs, however the manual further states on the same page 5-148 that without a brake, the Telluride should only tow 1,650 lbs.

2. Will Kia ever sell an OEM tow hitch that is rated for a 500 lbs tongue weight and also offer a factory brake controller and 7-pin harness to actually achieve a safe and legal tow of a trailer close to 5,000 lbs?

This is very confusing because the tow hitch option ($475 MSRP) and the added towing package (+$795 MSRP) are being advertised along with the publicized 5,000 lbs towing capacity. But it sounds like neither OEM configuration from Kia gets you to past the recommended 1,650 lbs. In other parts of this website people have stated that dealers are quoting as much at $900 for the tow hitch and installation and just buying the OEM kit alone from kiastuff.com costs $650. I think there is potential to have many customers spending hundreds of dollars but not actually buying what they need to get what is being advertised.

It feels like a Class III 2" opening was used for an OEM tow hitch that is really only designed for a rating of a Class II and should have been a 1-1/4" opening. Kia Marketing also advertised the 5,000 lbs max towing weight which led people to believe that accommodations would be easily made for a brake controller and 7-pin wire harness. But then to further complicate things the manual suggests only 1,650 lbs without a brake, so the whole solution specs out like a Class I hitch when people are led to be believe that a Class III is an option.

If Kia does not plan to offer an OEM solution that can enable towing up to 5,000 lbs, it would probably ease many buyers' minds if they could confirm that aftermarket hitch, harness, controller with proper ratings would not automatically void the warranty.

Last edited:

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
1) Is there a way to customize or change what the unlock button on the key fob does. I'd prefer a single press to unlock every door (including trunk). It would be nice to have this in the vehicle settings screen somewhere. Maybe I missed it.
1b) Same with drivers door button
2) Even better optional setting would be if all doors would unlock when the key fob is within a certain distance of the car (<3 feet similar to auto trunk open)
3) Is there a way to add HD Radar to the home screen (instead of weather or clock)? Honestly it seems to be the quickest way to display traffic in the area. Not a fan of android auto so far. And Kia map doesn't show traffic when I zoom out to see my entire commute. I drive in a north south direction so it not ideal for the widescreen.
4) It seems like the Kia map always wants to recenter itself and I haven't figured out how to pan the map without putting the crosshairs on it for destination.

I've only had mine since Saturday so I'm still learning. Sorry if these are noob questions.
Thank you very much for purchasing a Telluride! The vehicle has a long list of features so I completely understand you have questions.

Assuming your questions 1-2 were answered, here are my answers for your questions #3 and #4.

3) HOME screen: The HOME screen is configurable. Please see section 1-10 of the 2020 Telluride Navigation System Quick Reference Guide.

4) MAP and panning: I am not sure I understand this issue completely. Please see section 5 of the 2020 Telluride Navigation System Quick Reference Guide.

Wish I could address these issues in person so that I could understand your inquiries in a more comprehensive manner.

Thank you for purchasing a Telluride!

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Are you considering different drivetrain options for the 21 or 22 Telluride. Ford is releasing a new Explorer with multiple drivetrains. I think it would be interesting to see the Twin Turbo option that is in the Stinger GT and I would be particularly interested in a Hybrid Drivetrain that gives about 30 mpg in the city. The Highlander also has a hybrid version that gives about 28mpg city.
Thank you for the inquiry.

I can't be specific in my answers for obvious reasons but yes, different engine/transmission options are being considered for the future.

JCzoom

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I ordered a SX with espresso interior. I have only seen a few pics that are not great. Any chance of sending any pics? or info what exactly is brown. website shows black steering wheel, pics show brown steering wheel.. please help!

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
@310TELLURIDER This might clear up lots of confusion on various threads in this website. The Telluride manual on page 5-148 specifies a Maximum Tongue Weight of 351 lbs.

1. Can someone from Kia confirm if that spec in the manual is identifying that the OEM Tow Hitch (S9F61-AU000 or S9F51-AU010) has a max tongue weight of 351 lbs?

The fact that the number is not 500 lbs suggest that according to spec, the OEM tow hitch should not be used to safely pull the max vehicle towing spec of 5,000 lbs. Legally most states require a brake controller beyond 3,000 lbs and the factory hitch option only includes a 4-wire harness connection suggests that the factory tow hitch and/or the factory tow package should not be used to ever tow more than 3,000 lbs, however the manual further states on the same page 5-148 that without a brake, the Telluride should only tow 1,650 lbs.

2. Will Kia ever sell an OEM tow hitch that is rated for a 500 lbs tongue weight and also offer a factory brake controller and 7-pin harness to actually achieve a safe and legal tow of a trailer close to 5,000 lbs?

This is very confusing because the tow hitch option ($475 MSRP) and the added towing package (+$795 MSRP) are being advertised along with the publicized 5,000 lbs towing capacity. But it sounds like neither OEM configuration from Kia gets you to past the recommended 1,650 lbs. In other parts of this website people have stated that dealers are quoting as much at $900 for the tow hitch and installation and just buying the OEM kit alone from kiastuff.com costs $650. I think there is potential to have many customers spending hundreds of dollars but not actually buying what they need to get what is being advertised.

It feels like a Class III 2" opening was used for an OEM tow hitch that is really only designed for a rating of a Class II and should have been a 1-1/4" opening. Kia Marketing also advertised the 5,000 lbs max towing weight which led people to believe that accommodations would be easily made for a brake controller and 7-pin wire harness. But then to further complicate things the manual suggests only 1,650 lbs without a brake, so the whole solution specs out like a Class I hitch when people are led to be believe that a Class III is an option.

If Kia does not plan to offer an OEM solution that can enable towing up to 5,000 lbs, it would probably ease many buyers' minds if they could confirm that aftermarket hitch, harness, controller with proper ratings would not automatically void the warranty.
Thank you for the inquiry. I am waiting for a reply from the department that handles this topic. As soon as I receive their response, I will share.

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
310 thanks for being here. As others have mentioned the Towing package is very poorly done. Only a 4 pin connector( 7pin is the norm) and the car is not(from what I can find) prewired for a towing brake. Kia obviously has not done their research on comparable competitors in this category.
Completely understand your concerns.

We are looking into this issue as well.

Thank you for posting!

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I ordered a SX with espresso interior. I have only seen a few pics that are not great. Any chance of sending any pics? or info what exactly is brown. website shows black steering wheel, pics show brown steering wheel.. please help!
Thank you for ordering a Telluride! The Expresso Brown interior is beautiful - you will love it!
Our website is showing accurate images of this interior. I am attaching a snapshot below anyway.
The steering wheel is black.

Attachments