Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

New Member Intro (Telluride Product Planner answering product-related questions)

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi Kia Employee, good of you to be part of this. There is a long thread about the front and rear temperature syncing...in that the only way to make it sync is by turning on the rear temp, by pressing rear on the console, then going to the UVO screen and hitting 'sync' to then have it sync, rather than what the manual says which is just to hit sync. I have the EX. Seems to be an issue on other models. I am taking it to my dealer (Jack Daniels in NJ) who say they are aware and will run diagnostics but are not sure when corporate will have a solution. Its a pain to have to go through this every time just to get the rear temp going.
Thank you for purchasing a Telluride. I will look into this issue as well.

JCzoom

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thank-you!! Have you seen it in person at all?! It goes well with the wood grain color!.. Now can you tell me when it will arrive?! Ordered 4/23! lol. Soooo anxious! Thanks again!!

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thank-you!! Have you seen it in person at all?! It goes well with the wood grain color!.. Now can you tell me when it will arrive?! Ordered 4/23! lol. Soooo anxious! Thanks again!!
Of course! The Espresso Brown interior was one of the key colors developed specifically for the Telluride.

As for arrival of your unit, that is unfortunately something I do not have any information on. Due to the immense interest in the Telluride, the wait list appears to be growing.

ColMo

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Several vehicles have a digital display rearview mirror (Suburu Ascent, Toyota RAV and the upcoming 2020 Highlander) is that something that might be considered in the future? It is a nice feature if you have a full cargo area to be able to see directly behind you while driving. Or maybe, a-a-ting & using the current rear camera depending on orientation to display in a pane in the media display while driving what’s behind you. Thanks for listening.

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Several vehicles have a digital display rearview mirror (Suburu Ascent, Toyota RAV and the upcoming 2020 Highlander) is that something that might be considered in the future? It is a nice feature if you have a full cargo area to be able to see directly behind you while driving. Or maybe, a-a-ting & using the current rear camera depending on orientation to display in a pane in the media display while driving what’s behind you. Thanks for listening.
Thank you for the inquiry.

A "streaming video"/digital rear-view mirror was definitely considered for the benefits you mentioned.

However, we are waiting until these mirrors;
a) Solve the issue of the flickering effect produced by LED headlamps (very distracting)
b) Find ways to improve night vision - the camera output at night was less than ideal

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thank you everyone again for your interest in the Telluride!

Just a friendly note - I will be tackling some large assignments in the upcoming months and won't be able to visit this site as often.

I had been squeezing in time during breaks to visit this site but even that may become difficult.

Again, please call Kia Customer Service at 1 (800) 333-4542 with your inquiries and we will get them handled!

ColW

Reaction score
I’ve only had my car for a week but two suggestions would be 1. Have remote start on the key fob 2. The trunk cover has fabric only. My pilot had fabric on one side, hard plastic on the other. So when I want to transport topsoil, fertilizer or anything that may leak I would put it into the recessed area on the hard plastic. I dislike the cargo liner. It’s bulky and takes up the entire recessed trunk area when folded because it’s not being used due to the third row being up.

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks for joining @310TELLURIDER, here are my questions:
1) Remote Start from Key fob: how to get remote start from Key fob and why it was missed, was there any technical reason? Some one has reported that dealer can program key combinations to get remote start functionality.
2) Kia Connect App defaults to Pacific Time with no way of changing time settings (this is causing UVO remote start schedule on pacific time). I guess this could be fixed in upcoming software fix?
3) In-car Weather App requires HD signal work on only HD radio station, some of the cities still does not has that kind of broadcasting, so for those who does not could weather information be loaded from connected smartphone UVO app or something, again this could be a smart fix via software?
Thanks for being patient. Here are the responses for #2 and #3.

2) Defaults to Pacific Time: This issue has been fixed with the latest APP build which was launched this week. The customers who currently have this setting are advised to adjust once again on their APP. We are trying to send an email to these impacted customers.

3) Weather APP: Yes, the APP relies strictly on HD signal.

bean123

Reaction score
3) HOME screen: The HOME screen is configurable. Please see section 1-10 of the 2020 Telluride Navigation System Quick Reference Guide.
I'm familiar with configuring home screen. However, there is not an option for the HD Radar widget that allows you to place it on the home screen. Unless I'm missing something. Also after a few days I've noticed the HD Radar doesn't update quickly after you start the car. What triggers the update? Would be nice to have button on the widget to refresh or force an update.

4) MAP and panning: I am not sure I understand this issue completely. Please see section 5 of the 2020 Telluride Navigation System Quick Reference Guide.
Thank you for purchasing a Telluride!
There's no way to pan the map and keep it one place without putting the waypoint crosshairs on the screen. And if you clear the waypoint with the red N button, the map recenters, rezooms to your previous location.

Spider07

Reaction score
@310TELLURIDER

I have an LX model. LOVE IT! But it is annoying that every time I start it up, I have to manually turn off the rear AC. Is there a way to get this to stop, where it only comes on if I have it on. I turn it off multiple times a day now.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.