No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Order to delivery time

Mdc278

Reaction score
Alright, dilemma here. So I just leased a new Telluride SX (no prestige) before Thanksgiving. 3 years 12k miles. I already had a Telly on order with another dealership (with prestige) and have $1k refundable deposit. I was going to call today to get my deposit back, but they just left me a voicemail saying it’s going to be here January 5th now! (Less than 9 weeks after I ordered). @Jason Fox do I have any ability here to give them my leased Telly (from a different dealership) and get the new one in January? It’s really not a big deal since I love the one I’ve got. But just curious what the options are and if it’s relatively easy to do. Thanks for any info!

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Alright, dilemma here. So I just leased a new Telluride SX (no prestige) before Thanksgiving. 3 years 12k miles. I already had a Telly on order with another dealership (with prestige) and have $1k refundable deposit. I was going to call today to get my deposit back, but they just left me a voicemail saying it’s going to be here January 5th now! (Less than 9 weeks after I ordered). @Jason Fox do I have any ability here to give them my leased Telly (from a different dealership) and get the new one in January? It’s really not a big deal since I love the one I’ve got. But just curious what the options are and if it’s relatively easy to do. Thanks for any info!
You can trade it in on the P but you'd probably roll some negative equity with that. I'd probably stay put if you like it. What color is the P that's coming?

Mdc278

Reaction score
The moss green. Same as the one I’ve got now. Really only difference is mine is grey interior with no prestige vs the dune brown.
You can trade it in on the P but you'd probably roll some negative equity with that. I'd probably stay put if you like it. What color is the P that's coming?

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yea, it's only you that can answer this one, it will cost you some $, but is it worth it to you for the changes and extra features.

rheyes

Reaction score
Obviously at some point Kia will cut off orders on the 2020 model and start taking orders on the 2021. Given how long the line is on the 2020 model it could easily be 2022 before the 2021 models start getting delivered.

A nice problem to have but it’s going to cost Kia sales. Increasing production capacity significantly could take years and Kia needs to be very careful to keep quality high.

krisgret

Reaction score
The moss green. Same as the one I’ve got now. Really only difference is mine is grey interior with no prestige vs the dune brown.
That's the one I just ordered, and I'm told it won't be in until March sometime because Moss is in such demand. I'll take your pre-order if you are sticking with the lease! Even if I have to ship it to me!

dznyfan4778

Reaction score
I ordered mine in June from Ed Voyles Kia in Marietta. They keep saying that we are on the VIP list and when they ask they will submit it and let us know. We dealt with 3 different sales people that all quit. Now the manager is our contact but by the looks of it, I say we need to reach out to another Kia dealer. Not sure if we can cancel and go with another one or not. My question is, all these guaranteed sales but production for the SX was put on hold. I don't get it.
I have been very happy with the team at Kia of Muncie @Jason Fox. Very good communicators. as well as honest and easy to work with.

SorentoSXL

Reaction score
Finally got a date of 2nd week of January. That'll be a 5 month wait for an S AWD. Seems quite excessive but hopefully they can deliver before then.
Nice, I'm waiting on my date that way families waited for Publishers Clearing House to knock on their door after the Super Bowl!

JEL

Reaction score
I ordered a KT S FWD (Everlasting Silver) on 11/1 with a $500 deposit put down. I've been fairly persistent in reaching out to the dealership where I ordered (Kia of Greer) and this week I was told that the car is showing it will be delivered mid - end of December. Based on a lot of the comments/feedback I've seen on order times, I am very skeptical that the car will be delivered this month (hopefully I'm wrong). But I've been searching local inventory to see if there is anything similar within 150 miles that I could ask the dealership to trade for. Should I wait and hope that the car will arrive this month, or would you guys suggest trying to find something similar already allocated?

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
I ordered a KT S FWD (Everlasting Silver) on 11/1 with a $500 deposit put down. I've been fairly persistent in reaching out to the dealership where I ordered (Kia of Greer) and this week I was told that the car is showing it will be delivered mid - end of December. Based on a lot of the comments/feedback I've seen on order times, I am very skeptical that the car will be delivered this month (hopefully I'm wrong). But I've been searching local inventory to see if there is anything similar within 150 miles that I could ask the dealership to trade for. Should I wait and hope that the car will arrive this month, or would you guys suggest trying to find something similar already allocated?
Nobody is going to trade. You need to wait.

JEL

Reaction score
Thanks @Jason Fox - Appreciate the advice. I didn't see a VIN on the last update of the Production Google sheet, which is why I'm skeptical it will arrive this month. But I know I made the right choice, just need to exercise patience!

Wgraham2410

Reaction score
I ordered an everlasting silver SX AWD on 8-15 and it arrived on 10-2. After reading a lot of these posts I didn't think it was real when the dealer gave me the delivery date. I think ordering everlasting silver helped, because not a lot of people seem to be ordering it. But it's an amazing color. Hope you get yours soon, I've been loving mine!

sype

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Here is the timing of my own order: I ordered a Telluride SX Limited Edition AWD (Canadian version) Gravity Grey on October 28th from a local dealer in a small city near Montreal (Quebec, Canada), and I just got a call today (December 5th) from my dealer providing me with a VIN. He also gave me an expected delivery date of January 6th. So, looking at a little over 2 months between order and delivery.. not too bad considering some of the longer delays I've seen here! 🙈

mshabana

Reaction score
ALRIGHT BROTHERS AND SISTER.I,ONCE AGAIN NEED YOUR HELP.
I just asked the dealer to check if there was any updates and he replied saying that it shows that it will be there before year end but that he did not have a date yet.I dont know what to make of that and I frankly see that unlikely given that No Vin that matches my order combo appeared on Michell's updates sheet as of December 1st.
Somebody,maybe Michell or Jason Fox could pitch in and share their input on this one.
I do not want to get my hopes up,but Im getting nervous and excited at the same time!!!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
I just asked the dealer to check if there was any updates and he replied saying that it shows that it will be there before year end but that he did not have a date yet.I dont know what to make of that and I frankly see that unlikely given that No Vin that matches my order combo appeared on Michell's updates sheet as of December 1st.
Somebody,maybe Michell or Jason Fox could pitch in and share their input on this one.
I do not want to get my hopes up,but Im getting nervous and excited at the same time!!!
If they say end of the year than it probably has a estimated date of arrival. If it does not, not sure what to tell you.

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Just let me know the store you ordered from and the trim color combo and I can confirm the Eta for you. If they said end of the year it should have a vin and ETA at this moment