No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Order to delivery time

ssmblazer

Reaction score
I ordered a SXP in November and was just told that my eta is June 24th. Not seeing a vin on the vin lookup website. Given the factory shutdown, does this likely mean that I will see a 2021?
Based on this latest news, I think if you don't have a VIN this week then it will be a 2021 (assuming the new model equipment changes mentioned in the article include the Telluride). It wouldn't make sense to shut down for another week for new model equipment changes right after they start back up.

One of Georgia's largest manufacturing operations will close for two weeks until mid-April.

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia in West Point earlier cancelled production operations on March 19-20 "due to supply chain issues." The $1.1 billion plant on a 2,200-acre site along Interstate 85, Seoul, Korea-based Kia Motors Corp.'s first manufacturing site in North America, was slated to resume production Monday.

In a statement Tuesday, Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia said, "In response to the unprecedented situation arising with the spread of COVID-19 in the U.S. and supply chain concerns, Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia, Inc. (KMMG) will suspend production at its West Point, Ga. facility effective Monday, March 30. Operations will be halted for two weeks, including a previously planned shutdown April 6-10 for new model equipment changes. Production is planned to resume on Monday, April 13.

"While operations are suspended, KMMG will perform additional cleaning and disinfecting processes of work stations throughout the plant. The adjustment will also provide team members with time for adjusting personal and family priorities related to the impact of the COVID-19 virus.

"KMMG will continue to closely monitor the situation and follow guidelines set by local, state and federal authorities."

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Based on this latest news, I think if you don't have a VIN this week then it will be a 2021 (assuming the new model equipment changes mentioned in the article include the Telluride). It wouldn't make sense to shut down for another week for new model equipment changes right after they start back up.

One of Georgia's largest manufacturing operations will close for two weeks until mid-April.

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia in West Point earlier cancelled production operations on March 19-20 "due to supply chain issues." The $1.1 billion plant on a 2,200-acre site along Interstate 85, Seoul, Korea-based Kia Motors Corp.'s first manufacturing site in North America, was slated to resume production Monday.

In a statement Tuesday, Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia said, "In response to the unprecedented situation arising with the spread of COVID-19 in the U.S. and supply chain concerns, Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia, Inc. (KMMG) will suspend production at its West Point, Ga. facility effective Monday, March 30. Operations will be halted for two weeks, including a previously planned shutdown April 6-10 for new model equipment changes. Production is planned to resume on Monday, April 13.

"While operations are suspended, KMMG will perform additional cleaning and disinfecting processes of work stations throughout the plant. The adjustment will also provide team members with time for adjusting personal and family priorities related to the impact of the COVID-19 virus.

"KMMG will continue to closely monitor the situation and follow guidelines set by local, state and federal authorities."
If it is assigned as a 2020 then it will be a 2020. Thousands of Tellurides have yet to be built with ETA in May and June. Vin built this week are from KFOS orders being filled in Jan/Feb.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

jrb

Reaction score
It’s worth the wait. I’m number 9 now with Muncie being one if there oldest orders from Nov. They were just allocated 6 SXP. and are moving a little bit faster. Corporate is aware of the back log and is working with Muncie.
I was #14 last week with Muncie. We are both pretty close. I ordered the end of November SXP/T

JP#

Reaction score
What does open trailer or closed trailer mean?
Means the type of trailer used to transport the vehicle. The type of trailer used to transport from mfg to dealership is usually a open trailer with 6-8 vehicles. The open trailer is open to the weather and debris during transportation. A closed trailer is enclosed to the weather and provides best protection. However closed trailers carry fewer vehicles and is more expensive to haul.

NREVANS

Reaction score
My order from Muncie is being shipped out today to my residence. It's on an open trailer being pulled by something similar to an F-350. Should be here tomorrow? Wasn't even supposed to get to Muncie from the factory until tomorrow. Not complaining.

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
The Kia Manufacturing team in West Point Georgia is pumping them out again. So far today - the highest level of production in the last two weeks..

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
Just filtered the Telly Stats to look at AWD SX (P & P/T) and today KIA had one of their highest productions runs all year on pumping out the SX AWD and Prestige trims. Considering that is one of the biggest areas of backlog - it looks like they are taking a huge bite out of the pent up demand. Makes sense - get those back orders cleared and pull in the cash associated with those high dollar models. That (in my opinion) is what they should have been doing all along. Demand for that model has been off the charts all year - yet only a half dozen times have they hit this level of production.

Smart move on KIA's part...but a little late to get the high dollar models in the hands of buyers. I hope they keep it up - and get as many out in the next couple days of production before the two week shut down.

bh26

Reaction score
Just filtered the Telly Stats to look at AWD SX (P & P/T) and today KIA had one of their highest productions runs all year on pumping out the SX AWD and Prestige trims. Considering that is one of the biggest areas of backlog - it looks like they are taking a huge bite out of the pent up demand. Makes sense - get those back orders cleared and pull in the cash associated with those high dollar models. That (in my opinion) is what they should have been doing all along. Demand for that model has been off the charts all year - yet only a half dozen times have they hit this level of production.

Smart move on KIA's part...but a little late to get the high dollar models in the hands of buyers. I hope they keep it up - and get as many out in the next couple days of production before the two week shut down.
Wish that were the case but it seems like the tool just caught up on some missing VINS...
The missing VINs have been added... 350 VINs were added that weren't available before (in addition to the newly created VINs). 520 in the last 24 hours.

Still don't see the one I ordered... I'm told mid April it'll be here....

Taketime

Reaction score
Wish that were the case but it seems like the tool just caught up on some missing VINS...
My dealer just called to inform me that they just received a ETA and my Telluride SXP Black Copper Dune is being built. They are looking at late April or May. They will call me once they receive the VIN. I should be excited but with this Corona virus I am not. Hopefully that will change soon.

Robtlsaf

Reaction score
Hey it took 8 months to get my SXP, Black Copper with Black Interior & towing package. I was very patient. I called the dealer several times and they were unable to give me any information. However, the Telluride is worth waiting for. it is a spectacular vehicle. You will enjoy it!

Taketime

Reaction score
Hey it took 8 months to get my SXP, Black Copper with Black Interior & towing package. I was very patient. I called the dealer several times and they were unable to give me any information. However, the Telluride is worth waiting for. it is a spectacular vehicle. You will enjoy it!
We ordered 1/30. I hope my wife and I like the color. We only saw pictures posted here. It was a process of elimination on the colors for us and the the Black Copper/Dune was it, along with tow package, cargo cover, interior lighting, wheel locks and mud guards. I did not get the carpeted floor mats. With no details on our purchase, I ordered the Smart Liner floor mats 3 rows and cargo liner behind 2nd row.

Nightcrawler1215

Reaction score
We ordered 1/30. I hope my wife and I like the color. We only saw pictures posted here. It was a process of elimination on the colors for us and the the Black Copper/Dune was it, along with tow package, cargo cover, interior lighting, wheel locks and mud guards. I did not get the carpeted floor mats. With no details on our purchase, I ordered the Smart Liner floor mats 3 rows and cargo liner behind 2nd row.
Have you received the smart liner mats yet? Seem like good quality? I’ve been leaning towards them as well.

raydog9379

Reaction score
Have you received the smart liner mats yet? Seem like good quality? I’ve been leaning towards them as well.
I have them. Had my car now 1.5 months. They are good so far. They are basically the same as Huskyliners but without the protruding needles underneath that stick you when you take them out (I've had Husky, WeatherTech, and now SmartLiners in various vehicles). I was going to get the WeatherTech, but couldn't get them fast enough...was going to take several weeks (and I live not too far from the store).

Coverage is good with the 2nd/3rd row and the walk way between. I don't take out the 2nd/3rd to clean as much because it's all one piece, but easy enough to vacuum and wipe down so far. I live in the Chicago area, so winter salt and slush is rough... and so far so good.

Taketime

Reaction score
Yes I received them in February from Amazon. I like the looks of these better than the dealer mats. These come between the captains chair and the lip is deeper. The price I paid 1/30 was $246.34. A couple days later they increased to $299.98. Today I see they are listed at $258.99. I just need our Telluride now to put them in it.

NREVANS

Reaction score
For those of you tracking my story with Kia of Muncie, I took delivery of my Telluride today. She was a bit dirty from the long trip down to Florida and I had to tidy up the interior a bit because Muncie didn't have quite enough time to remove all the plastic and vacuum it out properly. That stuff is small potatoes, and I'm super pleased. If you have any questions about my Telluride's journey, please let me know. Party on, Garth. 1585252312211.png

jrb

Reaction score
Yes I received them in February from Amazon. I like the looks of these better than the dealer mats. These come between the captains chair and the lip is deeper. The price I paid 1/30 was $246.34. A couple days later they increased to $299.98. Today I see they are listed at $258.99. I just need our Telluride now to put them in it.
I saw them on ebay at a great price as well if they are authentic. Someone posted a link directly to it.