No soliciting permitted.

Retrofit EX with SX LED headlights

alexdrums

Reaction score
Thanks for the update! Hopefully the connectors will arrive soon.

TFamilyMan

Reaction score
Hi Machtig, I'm interested as well. I'd definitely pay you $100 to avoid the headache of splicing wires.

Great find on the conversion!

machtig

Reaction score
Just got confirmation that the connectors have arrived at my local post office; I expect delivery tomorrow. That said I just realized I only ordered enough to build two sets of plug-and-play harnesses. But that is ok, as myself and another forum member are the only ones that have ordered in a pair of LED headlamps and I'd like to get mine (and his) installed and test them over a couple weeks to ensure there are no issues. By the time a new order of connectors arrives I'll be ready to build as many sets as necessary. (y)

TFamilyMan

Reaction score
Looks good so far. Your testing has convinced me 100%. To the point I just bought a pair of clean SX Led assemblies online. The wiring, wrap, and length is so professionally done. Plus you drafted out schematics. Are you an engineer by any chance?

Marcus T

Reaction score
Looks good so far. Your testing has convinced me 100%. To the point I just bought a pair of clean SX Led assemblies online. The wiring, wrap, and length is so professionally done. Plus you drafted out schematics. Are you an engineer by any chance?
Mind if I ask where you got them and how much you paid?

machtig

Reaction score
I’m still testing. Everything but low beams works flawlessly; I’m having an issue with the low beams flickering when the car is running. They don’t flicker when off. It’s likely going to require a load resistor and maybe a relay. I have some resistors coming today. More to follow.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Kwim

Reaction score
I’m still testing. Everything but low beams works flawlessly; I’m having an issue with the low beams flickering when the car is running. They don’t flicker when off. It’s likely going to require a load resistor and maybe a relay. I have some resistors coming today. More to follow.
resistors should correct the flicker.