Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

The KIA Telluride in Black Copper

md.public

Reaction score
After seeing Dune Brown on a corporate training demo model (Moss exterior), I had to have it. I REALLY wanted Everlasting Silver (I like bluish tint) + Dune Brown, but it's not offered. Out of white, black, moss, and black copper (for Dune Brown), I was convinced Black Copper + Dune Brown was gonna take the cake, but I waited to see the same one mentioned above (Black Copper @ Round Rock dealer), and immediately scratched it off the list. I saw it in shade and sun and you couldn't tell the difference from Ebony Black unless they were next to each other.
Dealer is trying to get me a date on a Moss + Dune Brown...I'm sure it will be a while.

flgal23

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! I like that it has some subtle hint of color (not exactly sure how to describe it). Definitely adds interest.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Michi-Tell

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Good Point flgal23 b/c that's the first pic I've ever seen where that hue can be discerned. And no one who has seen it in person has ever reported a blackberry hue. Kia stumbled a bit with this color option, imo, having it appear so close to just plain old black.

Copperkia

Reaction score
There are pictures at the NYIAS website of black copper. Looks more like black cherry to me. Ordered mine in Ebony, but kept the option to change as they have a black copper on order for delivery in a couple weeks for another customer that I will be able to look at. (Posted this last night, it just showed up today...)

Last edited:

Michi-Tell

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Beating a dead horse now, I know, but how on earth did Kia come up with the name "Black Copper" for this paint?
Copper is a little bit orange, a little bit brown perhaps, or some combination of orange and brown. Copper is never a purplish blackberry color.

So here's my theory. Because they offer their reddish/purple "Sangria" on every trim level except SX, perhaps this was meant to be a dark, exotic flavor of that wine hue only available on the top end. And it kind of serves that end if caught in just the right light. Otherwise, it just looks black in most settings and light. But "Copper??" Is anyone seeing orange in it?

If I'm right, and it is a dark, subtle riff on their Sangria color, they should've named it "Sangria Noir."

Or, if people are seeing all kinds of different subtle hues in it, then maybe "Chameleon Black."

Headacher

Reaction score
I would rather have the Sangria Red on the SX than this "Copper" Black. An actual Copper color would possibly look pretty good on the Telluride.

Copperkia

Reaction score
There are pictures at the NYIAS website of black copper. Looks more like black cherry to me. Ordered mine in Ebony, but kept the option to change as they have a black copper on order for delivery in a couple weeks for another customer that I will be able to look at. (Posted this last night, it just showed up today...)
Squirrel that I am, called in and changed my order to black copper. I kept looking at all the pictures and it really grew on me. Kept the dark interior though. (Just couldn't go with the cowboy brown..). Still looking at about 90 days out.