Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

The KIA Telluride in Black Copper

Michi-Tell

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yup.. just a darker Sangria.
Those NYIAS pics are the only ones I"ve seen where it looks blackberry/sangria noir. I wish I could see one in person. I think the artifical lighting is giving it a faux dark berry tint. Can anyone who actually owns one chime in?

Edit: in re-reading this thread, it does seem that a few others have seen a very dark berry tint to it, others not.
Should've named it "Chameleon Black."

Last edited:

dieseltdi

Reaction score
Those NYIAS pics are the only ones I"ve seen where it looks blackberry/sangria noir. I wish I could see one in person. I think the artifical lighting is giving it a faux dark berry tint. Can anyone who actually owns one chime in?
My wife and I just bought a Black Copper SX on Tuesday. We were also worried that the color was going to be a berry color but after finally seeing it. It looks all black in the shadows but has more of a brown hue then berry when the sun is shining on it. Up close you can see the gold like metal flakes on the paint giving the black a more interesting look.

flgal23

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Sounds perfect. Thanks for your description. Can’t wait to get mine. I’d love to see more pictures if you’d like to share.

tellurride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My wife and I just bought a Black Copper SX on Tuesday. We were also worried that the color was going to be a berry color but after finally seeing it. It looks all black in the shadows but has more of a brown hue then berry when the sun is shining on it. Up close you can see the gold like metal flakes on the paint giving the black a more interesting look.
Can you post a video of your Black Copper SX?

Last edited:

Db4

Reaction score
I also have Black Copper SX Prestige. I don’t see the Sangria in it at all really. Certainly nothing like the NY auto show pictures.

Db4

Reaction score
Direct artificial light is what I believe causing the Sangria look. In person in the direct sunlight you can see copper at certain angles, but also at certain angles it’s similar to black. Hope that helps.

JamesH

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow, what color interior? I ordered mine with dune interior on 3/17 and I’m still waiting with no firm ETA...

MrBunster

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just ordered Black Copper with Dune Brown, towing, and Prestige on 5/4. I will update with an ETA when I get one.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.