Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

What did you pay for your KIA Telluride?

BabyRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
What discounts were in the $2,390 off price?
Thx
Looks like they used the $1,000 Kia incentive, then discounted the vehicle to get to the final price. This was a price match from an SX I found about 100 miles away. Before closing a deal there, I reached out to a local dealer to see if they'd match it and they did. My dealer placed a preference order today since they did not have the interior color I want.

Furio

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Our local dealer didn't have an SX Prestige on the lot yet but has one due for delivery on the 22nd. We purchased it in Moss Green with Black Interior yesterday for $$44253 plus the $3300 lease rebate and first month payment waived via Founders. So $40953 out the door. The only stipulation was that they want to hold it in the showroom for two days to show it off to potential SX customers by appointment.
Did that price include tax and what is your tax rate?

Criswan

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Did that price include tax and what is your tax rate?
That included $1300 in dealer fees but not the sales tax, which in Indiana is 7 percent. Since it's a lease, we will only pay sales tax on the monthly payments. We plan on holding on to the lease until interest rates drop again, and they will, and then negotiating a refi into a purchase. When we do, I'll have Kia or whoever we refi with, roll the sales tax into the deal, still coming out way ahead versus if we would have financed right now.

CAsuKiHy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hmmmi would like for you to simplify this theory about leasing first :) because that’s what I’m considering and we already had discussion about that here in the forum!

And what really are “dealer fees”?

Criswan

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hmmmi would like for you to simplify this theory about leasing first :) because that’s what I’m considering and we already had discussion about that here in the forum!

And what really are “dealer fees”?
So dealer fees are usually the doc fees along with the title fees, in our area they usually run between $800-$1500 depending on price of the vehicle and dealer you are haggling with.

As for doing a lease to a refi to finance, it is almost always in your favor to do so because lease incentives are usually higher than finance incentives. In this case, $1500 for financing and $3300 for leasing at 24 months. You set up the lease and the rebates plus your capitalized cost give you your final total. You will pay the depreciations, in our case, 32%, since the residual is 68% on an SX Prestige. Most leasing companies have a time frame after which you can either purchase and refi into a finance or you can refi at any time by going to an outside finance company and just purchasing the car for the remaining payments plus the residual. You come out way ahead as the rebates are higher and the lessor will most times negotiate with you even more on the payoff.

Lexi_GA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So dealer fees are usually the doc fees along with the title fees, in our area they usually run between $800-$1500 depending on price of the vehicle and dealer you are haggling with.

As for doing a lease to a refi to finance, it is almost always in your favor to do so because lease incentives are usually higher than finance incentives. In this case, $1500 for financing and $3300 for leasing at 24 months. You set up the lease and the rebates plus your capitalized cost give you your final total. You will pay the depreciations, in our case, 32%, since the residual is 68% on an SX Prestige. Most leasing companies have a time frame after which you can either purchase and refi into a finance or you can refi at any time by going to an outside finance company and just purchasing the car for the remaining payments plus the residual. You come out way ahead as the rebates are higher and the lessor will most times negotiate with you even more on the payoff.
Isn’t there a penalty fee associated with doing this or are you usually able to negotiate that as well?

Criswan

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Isn’t there a penalty fee associated with doing this or are you usually able to negotiate that as well?
Most lenders have a $400 or so fee associated with a refi to a finance but it is highly negotiable, especially if you are staying with that particular company, IE. Hyundai/Kia Leasing to Hyundai/Kia Finance.

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
What rebates? Im haggling with 4 dealerships right now and 2 of them said there was no Kia finance rebate but 2 said there was along with the conquest rebate.
I am in Dallas, TX and was able to get $2900 in incentives, plus they took $1000 off because I refused to pay the transportation fee and the removed the $800 worth of dealer add on's (Wheel Locks, Cargo Matt, Pin Stripe and Window Tint). Not the greatest deal but I thought it was good for a new vehicle launch.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BabyRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
What rebates? Im haggling with 4 dealerships right now and 2 of them said there was no Kia finance rebate but 2 said there was along with the conquest rebate.

iLikeTacos

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
No I know which ones are available, I was just trying to see which ones you got. Like some say I would get $1500 from Kia Financing and $100 conquest.