No soliciting permitted.

Good Dealer Dealings - List Your Good Dealer Experience

ShortGiragge

Reaction score
I'm posting to describe my experience with Ed Voyles Kia of Chamblee (GA). I live in Atlanta, and I called around plenty of dealerships here and in surrounding areas, and everywhere was charging a markup over MSRP. Ed Voyles Kia in Smyrna asked for over $60k out-the-door for a EX-premium package! In May, I called Ed Voyles Kia of Chamblee and talked to Alan Griffitt, who said they were selling their incoming allocations at MSRP plus a $798 documentation fee, then adding tax, tag, and title fees. At that point, they had two left that weren't spoken for. I put a $2k refundable deposit down on May 22 for a dealer allocation Dark Moss SX FWD, and was told an ETA of early July. On June 19, he emailed and said it would be a 2021 model year and that the ETA was August 4. I picked it up today - see the attached picture in my workplace's garage.

At delivery, the $1,000 rebate for financing had been reduced to $500, and the MSRP was also increased by $400. I ended up paying both of these, so the car ended up being $900 more than I intended. I didn't fight it, since the rebate isn't the dealer's money to start with, and the verbal agreement we had was at MSRP. A little annoying, but it's not as if the dealer had a say in either of those changes. Also, I'm still saving money compared to markups at nearby dealerships. Other than that, there were no surprises, no add-ons, and no hard sells of extended warranties or add-ons. Alan mentioned that they are still taking orders at MSRP, but that they are going to start marking up cars that make it to the lot (manager's decision). So if you're in the Atlanta area and want a Telluride at MSRP, you have at least one option as long as you call ahead of time. I have no idea on how long their wait list is or whether they have any unsold allocations.

Attachments

ccorry21

Reaction score
I'm posting to describe my experience with Ed Voyles Kia of Chamblee (GA). I live in Atlanta, and I called around plenty of dealerships here and in surrounding areas, and everywhere was charging a markup over MSRP. Ed Voyles Kia in Smyrna asked for over $60k out-the-door for a EX-premium package! In May, I called Ed Voyles Kia of Chamblee and talked to Alan Griffitt, who said they were selling their incoming allocations at MSRP plus a $798 documentation fee, then adding tax, tag, and title fees. At that point, they had two left that weren't spoken for. I put a $2k refundable deposit down on May 22 for a dealer allocation Dark Moss SX FWD, and was told an ETA of early July. On June 19, he emailed and said it would be a 2021 model year and that the ETA was August 4. I picked it up today - see the attached picture in my workplace's garage.

At delivery, the $1,000 rebate for financing had been reduced to $500, and the MSRP was also increased by $400. I ended up paying both of these, so the car ended up being $900 more than I intended. I didn't fight it, since the rebate isn't the dealer's money to start with, and the verbal agreement we had was at MSRP. A little annoying, but it's not as if the dealer had a say in either of those changes. Also, I'm still saving money compared to markups at nearby dealerships. Other than that, there were no surprises, no add-ons, and no hard sells of extended warranties or add-ons. Alan mentioned that they are still taking orders at MSRP, but that they are going to start marking up cars that make it to the lot (manager's decision). So if you're in the Atlanta area and want a Telluride at MSRP, you have at least one option as long as you call ahead of time. I have no idea on how long their wait list is or whether they have any unsold allocations.
I’m confused as to why the MSRP being raised at the end wasn’t their fault? How did it rise between May and July?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

enron

Reaction score

I bet the add on mark up was hidden under the disguise of $798 dealer doc fee but still really good deal paying less than 1k over MSRP.

Reaction score
I haven't posted on this thread yet, but for those in Northern California, I've had a great experience so far partnering with Hilltop Kia.

As many know, most dealerships are demanding over MSRP and the greater Bay Area is no exception. After striking out several times, I found this forum and learned about Hilltop Kia, who is charging MSRP.

I had already test driven an SX AWD and was sold. This particular dealer (Kia Country in Manteca) wanted $7K over, however. Out of spite, I began reaching out to other dealers and connected with Maria at Hilltop Kia. I've sung her praises many times here, but it's worth sharing one more time on this thread.

She has been totally responsive and answers all my questions, even when it seems there's no new information to share. She's great at communicating, including being proactive with updates which seems to be more the exception than the rule based on other forum members' feedback.

As soon as she was able, she submitted a Kdealer request for me and sent me a copy of the order form. Perhaps more importantly, Maria set the proper timeline expectations from order to delivery. I'm still hopeful to get into KFOS in August, but I trust she will let me know what the deal is.

For anyone in the Bay Area, or California for that matter, I recommend contacting her to get your process started.

Rivercitygal

Reaction score
For those in Texas, we bought our SX Telluride on Friday from Huffines Kia Corinth as well. Our salesman was Donovan, 817-903-1130 . We got his number from this forum and he was great to work with, no messing around on price or dealer add ons. We are very satisfied.
I just contacted Donovan and will order or request a car. Thks for the heads up.

disweds12

Reaction score

I can also attest to having a positive experience with Ed Voyles of Chamblee.

I had been communicating with them for a little over a month about the ordering process. I’m about 3 hours away. I’m happy to say, we put a $2k refundable deposit down yesterday! I’ve seen a wide range of deposit amounts. For us, we were ok with putting $2k down and getting credit card points for it vs putting a lower, non-refundable deposit down with another dealer and potentially losing it if we backed out. The paperwork process to get started was seamless. And I’m comfortable at -400 below MSRP with military at this time.
Of course, as @enron mentioned, that $798 doc processing fee did seem a little steep, but whatever. I’m not going to fight that when they’ve been pretty honest about no ADM/add-ons.
I’ll also mention that I’m tax free as a military resident of another state. So we save ~$2-3k on tax. Big win.

Last edited:

jbtp05

Reaction score
Hi, and that's a great question!! I haven't been able to order mine yet, but I have talked to many dealers, and even people who give kudos to dealers who sell at MSRP aren't disclosing the add on fees. My suggestion is to talk to many dealers, especially ones that good ratings on this forum. Ask if they sell at MSRP, if they say yes, then ask about any fees or addendums, which is where they tack on more profit. Some like the appearance package, or protection package, usually between $900 and $1800, or more. Then there is fair market value, which is just a way to say it's a popular vehicle, so we're going to squeeze more money out of you. What bugs me, is if it wasn't so popular they would be tickled to get MSRP because people would be offering well below. My advice is, look around and VERIFY what they are really selling it for, Confirm what additional fees they want, MSRP doesn't necessarily mean what we assume it means. Many people, me included are buying from a dealer out of state to save $$ and to do business with honest dealers. Good luck, it's an adventure
New member here - from MA/RI area as well. I see the couple of MA dealers getting recommended here but not sure how ordering from out of the state dealer would works.
Would they ship to my address or do I have drive down to those dealers?
Would you have list of recommended out of state dealers and what are the prices to expect?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JB.

natetom

Reaction score
New member here - from MA/RI area as well. I see the couple of MA dealers getting recommended here but not sure how ordering from out of the state dealer would works.
Would you have list of recommended out of state dealers and what are the prices to expect?

Thanks,
JB.
Others more knowledgeable than me will share but in my recent experience most of the dealers “out of state” I’ve been talking with that sell for MSRP will ship directly to your house for about $1/mile. Some will take your state taxes and provide documents so you can properly register in your state, and some will not. I don’t mind a day trip but depending on where you find your perfect car, paying 1k to ship is better than the high markups a lot of us are faced with.

rbfromma

Reaction score

Thanks,
JB.
There are dealers all over MA over selling at MSRP +/- doc fee (can vary but I know Lev Kia is about $375). I imagine if you are in the MA/RI area you aren't much more than an hour or so away from a good option. If so, why are you considering shipping? Check out the below recent post.

mikeycat

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just ordered out 2021 SX AWD with tow, Moss with espresso from Kia of Muncie, Lucas Boehm is a pleasure to do business with!! I have been emailing him for at least 6 weeks and he finally let me know we were up to bat. Anyone looking to order and get a great price(under MSRP), give them a shout!! Thanks again Kia of Muncie!!

Mjpill

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2021 SX AWD w/tow Gravity Grey from Kia of Muncie, Lucas Boehm. I waited a bit (December 2019) but it was worth it. Lucas and Jason put the dealers in my area (Milwaukee) to shame. It was a 5 hour drive to pick it up but I didn't care. Lucas spent a good part of the day explaining all he could about the car so the delivery process was just as smooth as the ordering process. You won't be disappointed.
THANK YOU KIA OF MUNCIE!!!

jbtp05

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2021 SX AWD w/tow Gravity Grey from Kia of Muncie, Lucas Boehm. I waited a bit (December 2019) but it was worth it. Lucas and Jason put the dealers in my area (Milwaukee) to shame. It was a 5 hour drive to pick it up but I didn't care. Lucas spent a good part of the day explaining all he could about the car so the delivery process was just as smooth as the ordering process. You won't be disappointed.
THANK YOU KIA OF MUNCIE!!!
Thanks for the details - Would you be able share the price you paid?

Thanks,
JB.

jbtp05

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just ordered out 2021 SX AWD with tow, Moss with espresso from Kia of Muncie, Lucas Boehm is a pleasure to do business with!! I have been emailing him for at least 6 weeks and he finally let me know we were up to bat. Anyone looking to order and get a great price(under MSRP), give them a shout!! Thanks again Kia of Muncie!!

Thanks,
JB.

jw_tx21

SUSTAINING MEMBER
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

Thanks,
JB.
FYI, Muncie is arguably the lowest price in the country. They are the only dealer that will give you a significant discount to MSRP with "Costco" pricing. But, they have a long queue, so if you can wait 6-8 months or more, then order with them.

jbtp05

Reaction score
There are dealers all over MA over selling at MSRP +/- doc fee (can vary but I know Lev Kia is about $375). I imagine if you are in the MA/RI area you aren't much more than an hour or so away from a good option. If so, why are you considering shipping? Check out the below recent post.

Thanks RB for the info - I am glad to hear that there are dealers in MA dealing at MSRP !

I will check the thread out !!

jbtp05

Reaction score
Others more knowledgeable than me will share but in my recent experience most of the dealers “out of state” I’ve been talking with that sell for MSRP will ship directly to your house for about $1/mile. Some will take your state taxes and provide documents so you can properly register in your state, and some will not. I don’t mind a day trip but depending on where you find your perfect car, paying 1k to ship is better than the high markups a lot of us are faced with.
Thanks Natetom for the info -
FYI, Muncie is arguably the lowest price in the country. They are the only dealer that will give you a significant discount to MSRP with "Costco" pricing. But, they have a long queue, so if you can wait 6-8 months or more, then order with them.
Thanks again - any other dealer (on east coast :) ) besides Muncie offering similar pricing ?