Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Good Dealer Dealings - List Your Good Dealer Experience

Garydotka

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Let's allow our members and readers to SKIP the bad dealers and give their business to those dealers who've treated you RIGHT.

Please take a moment to reply with your good experience so we can steer other buyers toward that dealership...

BAD experiences go HERE.
Tom, at Garvey Kia in Queensbury, NY (up above Albany). Great guy. Been selling Kia’s since Kia began business in the US. He actually knows the product well (a rarity) and better yet, he doesn’t make-up BS answers for questions he doesn’t know the exact and accurate answer to. I haven’t bought my Telluride yet, but when I do, that’s where I’m going, even though it is in the next state over from me.

Let's allow our members and readers to SKIP the bad dealers and give their business to those dealers who've treated you RIGHT.

Please take a moment to reply with your good experience so we can steer other buyers toward that dealership...

BAD experiences go HERE.

Furio

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I haven’t bought a Kia, but have dealt with a lot of Southern California dealerships in my search for a Telluride SX AWD. Weseloh Kia in Carlsbad, CA was the hands down best of all of them. Their salesman Ryan took 45 minutes to patiently run numbers for me and answer all my questions. Not only was he very knowledgeable , but so much more professional than the ones I previously dealt with. They also have almost 5 stars on Yelp, a rarity for a car dealership, let alone any business!

HeatherA

Reaction score
I took one on the lot. They got it just a day or 2 before I bought mine. I would assume they would work better deals with the inventory they already have. Hatfield seems to be getting some every week or so though , I was monitoring them for a few weeks before I bought.
I bought my Optima from Hatfield and it was a great experience. If I was still in Columbus I would not hesitate to buy from them again. We've also had a great experience buying my daughter's Soul at Buyers in Delaware and had our service done there. They were easy to work with.

JDoggery

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
After not much progress, finally found a positive dealer in Northern CA. I have been working with Andy Williams at Harper Kia which is located in Eureka, CA. This dealer honors Costco pricing which will allow you to buy your Telluride under MSRP and without any hassle as you can complete everything remotely. Let Andy know that Jeff sent you and you should get the same great service that I have.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
After not much progress, finally found a positive dealer in Northern CA. I have been working with Andy Williams at Harper Kia which is located in Eureka, CA. This dealer honors Costco pricing which will allow you to buy your Telluride under MSRP and without any hassle as you can complete everything remotely. Let Andy know that Jeff sent you and you should get the same great service that I have.
What is costco pricing?

TelLeoride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I got mine from Garden Grove Kia. We were there to look to see if we can find a color combination we wanted before ordering through another dealer. Justin showed us around and wife actually liked the Everlasting Silver instead. It was an SX and really didnt need AWD for Socal.

It was at 4k over MSRP and told em I was not going to do that. I literally got up my seat. So they came back with MSRP and $1500 Kia financing. I took it since if I would've ordered I would not get Financing $1500 rebate. No throw ins and purchased an ext warranty maybe they were ok with MSRP due to extras I ordered. As we were negotiating calls were coming in for the SX. They only had one.

Justin was nice and he actually showed us the features compared to other dealers. No pressure from him. You have to negotiate it is part of the game.

in Fact I just got a reply from other dealer I was going to order.. They want $500 refundable and a credit application also they want MSRP price to ORDER!!!!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Mr White

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I bought my SX w/ Prestige today from Eagle Automall Kia in Riverhead, NY. The reviews for this place are terrible, and I am about 300 miles away, so I was fully prepared for this to be a complete disaster. I contacted them regarding the SX they had, and the assistant manager Amanda called me back. She gave me the price, which was Kia MSRP, they did not mark it up at all. We hashed out details on the phone, and she took my down payment to reserve the vehicle. It was two days before I could get there. To my surprise, I arrived Saturday morning, the vehicle was cleaned and ready for me first thing. I walked in, they had all the paperwork squared away, and just needed a few signatures. 10 minutes later I walk out with the keys. Everything matched exactly what we had talked about. The dealer fees were very low at $75. I got the $1500 rebate from kia. I did not try to negotiate the price down, because honestly I just wanted the vehicle, and I think its a fair price for what the SX brings. Overall, I am very satisfied with how they handled business.

Db4

Reaction score
Highly recommend Jim Shorkey Kia in Pittsburgh area. Honest dealer and overall just a great experience purchasing my Telluride. Professionals and would highly recommend.

ColW

Reaction score
I finally found an SX at Kia of Burlington MA. After test driving an EX, I spent days calling around New Hampshire and MA trying to find an SX with SX Prestige Trim. No one has any in stock they all have to be preordered. The EX was really nice but it doesn't have the Captains Chairs that I wanted. I didn't want to preorder without actually seeing an SX trim in person. I happened to go back to the Burlington KIA just to look at the EX again, with the intention of beginning negotiations and possibly preordering the SX. Lucky for me they had an SX come in and the person who had put a deposit on it backed out! So I ended up with an Everlasting Silver with Black interior. Sticker price $46,650 (included a $115 cargo mat). Incentives brought it down to $44,150. I haven't gone far with her yet, pending inspection stickers, but it drives so much nicer than the 2017 Honda Pilot I traded in. Persistence pays off. And this was the most organized, no pressure sale I have done in the past 20 years. Best experience ever.

Vinnychase14

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Checking in from NY..

I dealt with my kia dealer directly after checking multiple “leasing companies” and getting ridiculous prices. The team at Island Kia are amazing and I dealt with them in the past I leased my first Kia, 2016 sorrento before the telluride. George, Frank, and Frida as well as the other GM’s were all very accommodating and worked with me to get my S model to $385 a month with $3000 down. Idk how that seems to anyone else but initially they wanted about $500 a month with about 2500$ out of pocket. I’m happy with my deal as I really ONLY wanted the telluride as my next car.

Zackprince

Reaction score
I worked with Alex from Finnin Kia in Dubuque, IA for my Sorento lease three years ago and now the Telluride. They’ve been very transparent, give me all the numbers up front and it always matches my own calculations. There’s no shadiness going on, they’re not trying to hide anything or mislead you to a poor deal - they just give you a good price and lay it all out without pushing anything. Great experience! Even though we’re now 3 hours away, we still went with them for the Telluride (and will very likely again in 3 years for the next lease/purchase if we stick with Kia).
You have to give then your Email Address just to look at their Inventory on line !!!!!...I've Never seen that... Complete B.S.

frfnugn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
@ervolino - check this out, maybe you can bring this up to the internet department. Probably turns a lot of people off from the dealer pretty quickly.

You have to give then your Email Address just to look at their Inventory on line !!!!!...I've Never seen that... Complete B.S.
I’ll agree, that is quite a stupid way of doing things in terms of essentially blocking their website view of inventory. However, if you just google “Finnin Kia inventory”, you can skip past the email requirement and view their vehicles like normal. I’ve never actually entered my email address. This should take you right there.

Zackprince

Reaction score
@ervolino - check this out, maybe you can bring this up to the internet department. Probably turns a lot of people off from the dealer pretty quickly.

I’ll agree, that is quite a stupid way of doing things in terms of essentially blocking their website view of inventory. However, if you just google “Finnin Kia inventory”, you can skip past the email requirement and view their vehicles like normal. I’ve never actually entered my email address. This should take you right there.

Thanks for your help...I really appreciate it .... however I'm not going to go through ANY hoops to give MY money to anyone !!! I'm way too old for that !! ;)

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
Reaction score
Great experience with Crown Kia in Dublin Ohio. They claimed to be THE stinger dealer in the Midwest due to their techs Expertise in outfitting them with the exhausts and other after-market accessories (could be BS but who knows). Anyhow the sales guy was telling me how much their clientele had changed since moving to Dublin (very high end area) which I think has an impact on how they treat customers due to higher expectations. The service was good, sales process was decent and not super aggressive but not super laid back either. They got me a great price on the car and trade and interest rate and worked to earn my business on a car that checked all my boxes. I chose them due to the almost perfect rating for the service department on google and elsewhere which usually indicates a dealership with a good culture and solid leadership and makes it that much better when I need any sort of service. All in all I was pleased especially considering some stories I’ve heard about other Kia/Hyundai dealers in town. This is my first Kia so we’ll see how it goes as I would certainly return if the brand lives up to its growing reputation as one of the more reliable mainstream brands.

Got a Dark Moss EX with black interior BTW. I was really dreading having to drop big bucks, or any bucks for that matter, on another 3 row kid hauler considering how boring the competition is, except the CX9, but wow this thing has exceeded my expectations even after seeing all the photos and reviews google has to offer. The exterior is absolutely gorgeous and one of the only in the segment that don’t look like a van on stilts. The interior and tech are better than anything I’ve ever owned including my Cadillac ATS 3.6 Premium.

Attachments

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Great experience with Crown Kia in Dublin Ohio. They claimed to be THE stinger dealer in the Midwest due to their techs Expertise in outfitting them with the exhausts and other after-market accessories (could be BS but who knows). Anyhow the sales guy was telling me how much their clientele had changed since moving to Dublin (very high end area) which I think has an impact on how they treat customers due to higher expectations. The service was good, sales process was decent and not super aggressive but not super laid back either. They got me a great price on the car and trade and interest rate and worked to earn my business on a car that checked all my boxes. I chose them due to the almost perfect rating for the service department on google and elsewhere which usually indicates a dealership with a good culture and solid leadership and makes it that much better when I need any sort of service. All in all I was pleased especially considering some stories I’ve heard about other Kia/Hyundai dealers in town. This is my first Kia so we’ll see how it goes as I would certainly return if the brand lives up to its growing reputation as one of the more reliable mainstream brands.

Got a Dark Moss EX with black interior BTW. I was really dreading having to drop big bucks, or any bucks for that matter, on another 3 row kid hauler considering how boring the competition is, except the CX9, but wow this thing has exceeded my expectations even after seeing all the photos and reviews google has to offer. The exterior is absolutely gorgeous and one of the only in the segment that don’t look like a van on stilts. The interior and tech are better than anything I’ve ever owned including my Cadillac ATS 3.6 Premium.
Who was sales person for your deal? What was your price and deal? How much your paid and dealer discount, Kia incentives etc?

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
Reaction score
Who was sales person for your deal? What was your price and deal? How much your paid and dealer discount, Kia incentives etc?
His name is Mark. I paid $36.5k before tags, tax, and title on a EX FWD with an MSPR of $38.5k. They gave be $1000 off and a $1000 conquest rebate. I skipped the $1500 rebate to finance through KIA because the rates were garbage. In order to give me the price I wanted they gave me additional $1000 towards my trade (which was $1000 more than any dealer had offered yet) because he claimed he was not allowed to go lower on the Telluride price. They then went out and got me a 2.9% APR for 72 months. I put $13k down and my payment is about $380 a month. Not the best deal I’ve ever gotten on a car but they really didn’t want to budge on the price and kept explaining that the demand was so high and they’ve sold each one within a week that they’ve received. Considering some dealer are marking them over MSRP I felt pretty good to squeeze the $2k, solid rate, plus the rebate out of the deal. My sales guys said he had 21 orders for Tellurides set to deliver this month and if they all hit its be his biggest month ever.

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
His name is Mark. I paid $36.5k before tags, tax, and title on a EX FWD with an MSPR of $38.5k. They gave be $1000 off and a $1000 conquest rebate. I skipped the $1500 rebate to finance through KIA because the rates were garbage. In order to give me the price I wanted they gave me additional $1000 towards my trade (which was $1000 more than any dealer had offered yet) because he claimed he was not allowed to go lower on the Telluride price. They then went out and got me a 2.9% APR for 72 months. I put $13k down and my payment is about $380 a month. Not the best deal I’ve ever gotten on a car but they really didn’t want to budge on the price and kept explaining that the demand was so high and they’ve sold each one within a week that they’ve received. Considering some dealer are marking them over MSRP I felt pretty good to squeeze the $2k, solid rate, plus the rebate out of the deal. My sales guys said he had 21 orders for Tellurides set to deliver this month and if they all hit its be his biggest month ever.
Thanks for sharing, congrats.