Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Good Dealer Dealings - List Your Good Dealer Experience

rvv2002

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Preston Kia in Ohio. I bought my Sorento from them, now ordered 2 Tellurides. No markup, full incentives.

They have 2 LX AWD on the lot right now that aren't sold if anyone is looking. Ask for Tom and tell him Vargas sent you so you'll know you won't be starting negotiations above MSRP.

Jeannine

Reaction score
Preston Kia in Ohio. I bought my Sorento from them, now ordered 2 Tellurides. No markup, full incentives.

They have 2 LX AWD on the lot right now that aren't sold if anyone is looking. Ask for Tom and tell him Vargas sent you so you'll know you won't be starting negotiations above MSRP.
That's were we bought ours too!

0sparky0

Reaction score
Stokes Kia in Charleston wound up earning our business this afternoon. Sales guy was great, finance people were great, and my wife left happy, after Kia Country Of Charleston blew it this morning. We picked up a white ex.

RW4

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Great experience with John Sasso at Brown’s Kia in Manassas for Northern VA members. It’s a smaller dealership though compared to other volume dealers in the area, so they are not allotted as many Tellurides as other local dealers. Ordered a S in April and just picked it up. They have a LX and are getting EXs. I haven’t seen a single SX in stock locally.

JoshuaR

Reaction score
I had a pretty good experience at Kia of New Bern in North Carolina. I got it for MSRP (~$33K LX) with $2,900 in rebates.

Weesa20

Reaction score
Good experience at Koons Kia in Woodbridge VA yesterday. They are marking up SXP, but less than others. Ramon in sales and Donovan in finance were great.

TontoKowalski

Reaction score
Great experience at KIA Auffenberg in O’fallen, Illinois. Worked with Kevin(his first solo sale!) and Silas. Black/black ex. MSRP - rebates(1500 at 1.9 and 1000 competitive). Was skeptical at first because they added 800 dollar auto butler program but after doing some research it didnt sound bad at all. Basically 10 details and clear coat outside and protectant inside over the course of 5 years and don’t have to do it at their dealership, there’s locations throughout the US. Was in and out and no BS. Super thorough and way nice. Finance manager was great too. Straight shooter.

Wap52

Reaction score
If you are in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex I highly recommend Monica at Huffines KIA in McKinney and I would also highly recommend Maritz KIA in Hurst. I had great experiences with both and ultimately purchase from Moritz due to trade value. If you are looking for a starting point I would also highly recommend looking at Dealerrater.com as there is good information there on how others rate their dealership experience and its one of the tools I used to start conversations with specific dealers in an effort to avoid the bad experiences from the get go.
I would like to second Huffines in McKinney for I worked with Kevin and got a price on March 21 of a Black Copper SXP AWD Brown Dune Leather with towing and price has not changed and they upped my trade in to match Carmax offer. Still waiting on Car and which is due June 26 and talked to Kevin yesterday and he said all the numbers we talked has not changed. Got mine for a little below MSRP. This dealership seems to be one of the best near the DFW metroplex. Just remember your dealer has no control on time frames for car being built. You could be lucky enough that one was already on order and come in early than others. Give them a try.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

515EX

Reaction score
If you’re in/around Iowa, I highly recommend Billion Kia in Iowa city. Ask for Lucas. He was extremely knowledgeable and accommodating, given that I was about two hours away from their location. Paid right at MSRP for an EX AWD w/tow package. They only thing I wasn’t a huge fan of was that they automatically applied their protection package to every telluride they got in, which adds an additional $2400 or so to the price. The protection is great though. Up to 100 paintless dent removals per year, unlimited fixing/replacement of interior leather/cloth, and they’ll apply their “rain ex” type protection on the windshield every 6 months. Also includes guaranteed trade in value if you purchase your next vehicle at another billion location (there are TONS). Anywho, overall and amazing experience.

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I had an amazing experience at Go Kia in South Edmonton. My rep, Raj, was amazing. He was friendly and not pushy at all.

I highly recommend them.

ga1322

Reaction score
Stokes Kia in Charleston wound up earning our business this afternoon. Sales guy was great, finance people were great, and my wife left happy, after Kia Country Of Charleston blew it this morning. We picked up a white ex.
Kia country of Charleston and Savannah are horrible. Overpriced and unapologetic

njchpd

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Central Kia of Plano
Greed has gotten them added to the bad dealers list.

Central Kia of Plano is a dealership that has no shame. They have taken the greed of car sales to a whole new level. Here is a story that speaks for itself.

On 3/23/19 I placed a $1,000 “nonrefundable” deposit with Central Kia of Plano on a 2020 SW Telluride w/prestige package. The exterior was white and the interior was dune brown. The deal was for $600 over invoice and a quote of $21,000 on my 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport trade in, after sending pictures. The deal was completed via e-mail.

On 5/23/19 I was advised by my salesperson that he was leaving Central Kia for a management position with another car company. Up to this point there was direct communication regarding the delays with the Telluride w/prestige package. My former salesperson called to advise me he was leaving but strangely I never heard this info from the dealership. In addition, prior to 5/23 Kia Motors Corporate had advised all Kia dealerships nationwide that they would no longer taking any additional orders on the SW-P because there was a huge backlog at the KMMG. I made several calls to the dealership checking on the status of my order with no additional info.

I was assured by my new contact person, Vincent Clementi (a sales manager) that the original deal was still in place and he had my folder with the info. Eventually I was given a deadline of 6/13/19 as a day additional info would be available. I called Mr. Clementi, who gave me a VIN #5XYP5DHC3LG028086 and advised my ordered vehicle was 1-2 weeks away.

On 6/14/19, the very next, I was contacted by Mr. Clementi and was advised that my ordered vehicle had fallen off the vehicle transporter along with 2 other vehicles and was a total loss. To say I was surprised is an understatement. I asked about seeing photos of the wrecked ordered vehicle but was told no photos would be forthcoming. At this point I became very suspicious and believed a good old bait & bait was being used. Up to this point I had been waiting 13 weeks.

I believe Central Kia simply doesn’t want to sell me the ordered Telluride at the agreed upon price. They still have my deposit. To say that this is unethical business practices is a huge understatement. It has also given me a clear picture of Kia’s business model and practices - shady & deceptive. Kia vehicles might be better but their sales methods are old and outdated.

In closing, this decision wasn’t made at the sales or management level but at the ownership level. This lets you know what kind of dealership you are dealing with, an unscrupulous one. I could have gotten a Telluride elsewhere but wasted my time on Central Kia Of Plano.

Last edited:

James

Reaction score
Had a great experience at Summit Place Kia in Clinton Twp. MI. Exactly what I ordered , kept me informed, on time, agreed upon price, no add ons. Smooth.

Skippy1180

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Quirk Kia in Braintree ma. Awesome experience. fburns@quirkcars.com The best. I’ve been buying cars every year and they have been the best. Traded a 2019 vw atlas RLine for the telluride. He did an amazing job no issues at all.

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
As we speak ...I am waiting for any news from Taylor Kia of Hermitage, PA. Ordered my SXP AWD,tow in middle April. I will not know how good they are until the day they bring it off the truck but..so far...seems congenial...tho I don't bother them too much. They know I cruise their lot about weekly..just checking what T-Rides they may have gotten in. They are one of the newest KIA Dealers around... less than 6 months old. They initially received 15 T-Rides when they opened up..all sold then 2 more groups of 6 and I think 2 are left on the lot. Almost 30 in and 2 remain. I hope that indicates a good Dealership. So now over 2 months in and...yup...waiting

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
As we speak ...I am waiting for any news from Taylor Kia of Hermitage, PA. Ordered my SXP AWD,tow in middle April. I will not know how good they are until the day they bring it off the truck but..so far...seems congenial...tho I don't bother them too much. They know I cruise their lot about weekly..just checking what T-Rides they may have gotten in. They are one of the newest KIA Dealers around... less than 6 months old. They initially received 15 T-Rides when they opened up..all sold then 2 more groups of 6 and I think 2 are left on the lot. Almost 30 in and 2 remain. I hope that indicates a good Dealership. So now over 2 months in and...yup...waiting
Mine is arriving at Taylor Kia of Boardman (6 miles away) today, and then getting transported to my dealer in Lancaster OH for pickup tomorrow. Ebony Black SXP with Gray Nappa.

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Mine is arriving at Taylor Kia of Boardman (6 miles away) today, and then getting transported to my dealer in Lancaster OH for pickup tomorrow. Ebony Black SXP with Gray Nappa.

When did you order? Did they send you a vin? Mine is Black on Black in Black. Taylor Herm was originally "manned" by Boardman store employees... Enjoy

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
When did you order? Did they send you a vin? Mine is Black on Black in Black. Taylor Herm was originally "manned" by Boardman store employees... Enjoy
I ordered May 2 from Taylor Kia in Lancaster. Shortly after that I had a member on here search dealer inventory for me and found one of my same specs that hadn't been sold going to Boardman. Turns out they have the same owner (both Taylor Kias) so they worked out a trade. If I wouldn't have been proactive and found one already allocated to Boardman, I would be still waiting and waiting like many others. I have a VIN, yes, got one late May. Overall just lucky to have found one going to a dealer with the same owner as mine.

Last edited:

T-town918

Reaction score
I posted this in the “how to buy” thread too. My Kia dealer was awesome to work with and the process was super easy.

I bought a Dark Moss S here in Broken Arrow Oklahoma from Sean Clemons. The MSRP was $35,789 with floor mats, cargo net, and mud guards added in. I got the $2500 off and out the door price was $33,289. No “market value” markup added in. I’ve already powder coated the wheels and tinted the front two windows. I got it on 6/8/19. Here’s his business card and my name is John Higgins for reference.

Attachments