No soliciting permitted.

Jeep Grand Cherokee L OR 22 Telluride SX NF Prestige

MG535

Reaction score
The comparison was more for what you can get for the appx same money.
It’s not really apples to apples: a very poorly spec’d Tahoe for the same price or more than a fully loaded Telluride.

“Always get more than you need” were not your exact words but it’s a pretty accurate paraphrasing of them. It’s a mentality I’ve never understood; guess I never will. Anyway by that logic just get a Suburban.

Anyone needing to tow more than 5,000 lbs the Telluride was never in the conversation any way

Csherwood

Reaction score
Forgot one, Jeep has Quadra-Lift Air Suspension system, Kia has less than optimal self-leveling shocks as an "upgrade" to the rear suspension.

The Jeep brand also has a plethora of aftermarket options and upgrades, the Kia Telluride isn't quite there yet.

I also haven't seen a side-by-side comparison, but I would guess that the Jeep Quadra-Drive II 4x4 System with Rear Electronic Limited-Slip Differential and the available Selec-Terrain Traction Management System is a more capable 4x4 over than the all-wheel drive system option for the Telluride that does not have a true locking differential.

If I were in the market right now and looking to spend low $50k's and get better towing capacity, it would be tough to not consider the 2022 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD. Looks like a serious contender to the Telluride. The outgoing AWD system on the Pathfinder looks similar to the Telluride where it activated when it detected front wheels slipping, the new 4WD system on the Pathfinder sounds more off-road ready.

Still love my Telluride, but I'm looking for even more from Kia in the future!
Looked at the Nissan, it's a pretty 1:1 competitor but honestly there were some serious mini-gripes. I couldn't get over the digital gear selector, the flat bottomed steering wheel was just plain uncomfortable, and the ProPILOT Assist wanted me to grip the steering wheel harder than I would if I were driving without assistance, I couldn't even imagine my Wife using it.

On the styling front the Pathfinder had a lot of cheap plastic accents that really went overboard as compared to the Telluride. A good 4" length on the car is from front/rear plastic kitting. They also are sans a Midnight edition for 2022 so no direct 1:1 for blacking some of this plastic out.

NCBill

Reaction score
Deleted.

Last edited:
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners