Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Remote start

Reaction score
love my telluride, but the fact there's no remote for it with remote start on it is about the dumbest shit ever. even my 2011 escalade with minimal features had that. i heard rumor they're finally releasing remotes you have to buy/program that have remote start built into them (as they always should have). can anyone confirm this? not that one should have to buy something that should've been there to begin with, but i'd love to order one.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JenB

Reaction score
Once you start it, how long does it stay running? Forever? My wife's malibu only stays on 10-15 minutes after starting.
I think when I set up the app I read it would run for 10 minutes only after remote start. I can’t remember where I read that though. Haven’t put it to the test beyond maybe 3 minutes myself.

Astiacles

Reaction score
I just purchased my Telluride this past Friday & just like many are saying here, the salesman told me remote start was not available. I drive home, download the app & miraculously I now have remote start! I emailed the dealership to let them know. You'd think they'd want to know these selling points, but then again the Telluride sells itself.

Rondakay

Staff member
Reaction score
I just purchased my Telluride this past Friday & just like many are saying here, the salesman told me remote start was not available. I drive home, download the app & miraculously I now have remote start! I emailed the dealership to let them know. You'd think they'd want to know these selling points, but then again the Telluride sells itself.
What color combo did you get

Owner

Reaction score
For those who find the UVO app too tedious to start the SUV remotely, if you have Alexa you can add the UVO skill and do it by voice alone. It starts almost instantly. You may have to refresh on the app so it confirms doors are locked or tell Alexa to lock them but remote start is within 5 seconds from my first few tests of it at home in my living room. So I assume it will do the same from my Echo Dot at my office or from my iPhone Alexa app if I’m anywhere else. Anyone else been using Alexa instead of the UVO app to remote start?

G

G-78645

I was told by my dealer that it was about $5.00 - $6.00 a month. I did add the remote start to my key fob but still waiting on the part to come in. They have to add something to the vehicle.
Just my opinion, having the remote start button on the fob not such a good idea. My fob came with a remote start button and don’t know how it happened but the button broke and to actually fix it ford says I would have to replace the whole fob and have the fob programed to my vehicle. It would have cost me over $200. So paying $5-$7 a month for an app to do more start your telluride is definitely worth it.

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just my opinion, having the remote start button on the fob not such a good idea. My fob came with a remote start button and don’t know how it happened but the button broke and to actually fix it ford says I would have to replace the whole fob and have the fob programed to my vehicle. It would have cost me over $200. So paying $5-$7 a month for an app to do more start your telluride is definitely worth it.
First time I have ever heard of that but we have had several vehicles with remote start on the Key Fob over the last 15 years with no issues. Also, I am starting to hear rumors that the UVO app cost will be around $20 a month and if that is the case then I am not sure that folks are going to pay that. Especially if they do not fix how slow it is to respond and the fact that even though the doors are locked I have to tell the app to go lock the doors again. The app should be able to get communication from the vehicle and auto refresh when you lock the doors with your fob and/or press the button on the door. I have posted this on the UVO App feedback in the Google Play store as well. Any, just my 2 cents.

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Again.... Everyone is talking about UVO without some considerations...

There are people out there who DO NOT own "Smart Phones".. Why do we Ass-U-Me we all do... Ok...now we talk of a monthly fee..(annual from $60-$240). So now we need a "Smart Phone" at what ever they cost... Now, I do own a Smart Phone..my wife does not...she prefers the flip or just plain cellphone. Are you going to tell US SEASONED CITIZENS that we should NOT buy a T-Ride? Hell many of the ones I know have the ability to pay cash. After all ...it is part of our Kid's inheritance...LOL.

I have a 2005 Hyundai Sonata... It had a remote door and trunk unlock fob but I wanted more. I bought an aftermarket that unlocked all doors, trunk and started the vehicle from over 1000 ft ( I know..not like UVO which can from another state) and NEVER had an issue with it. It comes in nice when my family and I are out eating etc. in summer or winter.. I hit the button and we either get into a warm car or cool car...depending on the settings left on the temp control in the car. And it happened almost instantly.

Personally I think KIA "Dropped the Ball" on a few things when manufacturing this vehicle. Not even counting the fact that they did NOT understand the Market demand BEFORE the first bolt was thrown on the Assembly Room floor thus BAD delays in orders. Maybe in a month or 2 they will have the bugs worked out when I am sure the 2021 models will be sold. (tongue in cheek). All I ask is that we NOT think everyone is the same. LOL I still have a rotary dial phone that is still hooked up and works in my Reloading Den. I love when asked... "If you.... press 2 and then # key.." ... My point...never assume anything. All IMHO...

G

G-714862

Hi community its great to found this forum since there is so little info on the Telluride, I recently bought an EX trim and decided to test the UVO App, unfortunately in the Remote tab of the app is only showing remote door lock/unlock and climate, but no engine start and stop, any help in how to solve this, maybe im using the wrong app, or did not set up correctly sth, please let me know. Thanks
I called Kia at 844-886-9411. I was told by a representative that you activate the remote start by using the climate tab. Set the climate and the vehicle will turn on. It works!

Lou Panozzo

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It would be nice to have the option either or. Mine expires 6/22/2022, 3 years after I took delivery of the car. The dealer told me it’s like $20 per month after that. Between 2 Kia’s uvo, Comcast, AT&T cell bill it adds up to over $300 to be connected.

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
This function of the car needs cellular connection correct? What if you live in the boondocks or had traveled outside of cell coverage? Then how are you going to get into a cooled or warmed car? First world problem.

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My UVO app says it will expire May 31, 2024. So exactly 5 years from the time I got my car. Also, insurance is cheaper in the Telluride than it was in our Sorento by about $50 per year. Could it be because of the tracking capabilities found in the UVO app?