Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Remote start

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Here is my issue on the remote... I too, will have to use the UVO but... how hard would it have been to offer BOTH ways. UVO would be good for remote unlock if you had someone at home needing in the car to get something but actual remote would have been great being closer to the vehicle or not wanting to pay for the app by the month....Seems R&D may have dropped the ball on this one and hope for an option to clear up this oversite. I have a smart phone but.... not EVERYONE does. Never ASS U ME KIA. I agree... mine will be setting me back a bit over $50k and that service should have been free or button remote on the fob.

I am not going to bitch too much as this will be my Swan Song of a new car... I may expire before the Warranty. Word of advice.... "DON'T GET OLD!" LOL. Now my hope is that my order comes in soon.

popcrnchicken

Reaction score
Here is my issue on the remote... I too, will have to use the UVO but... how hard would it have been to offer BOTH ways. UVO would be good for remote unlock if you had someone at home needing in the car to get something but actual remote would have been great being closer to the vehicle or not wanting to pay for the app by the month....Seems R&D may have dropped the ball on this one and hope for an option to clear up this oversite. I have a smart phone but.... not EVERYONE does. Never ASS U ME KIA. I agree... mine will be setting me back a bit over $50k and that service should have been free or button remote on the fob.

I am not going to bitch too much as this will be my Swan Song of a new car... I may expire before the Warranty. Word of advice.... "DON'T GET OLD!" LOL. Now my hope is that my order comes in soon.
Having both options would be the best!

I'm new to Kia, so anyone with experience may be able to answer this: does this seem like something Kia would add to the current models, or just add it to the next model year (remote start on keyfob)?

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Having both options would be the best!

I'm new to Kia, so anyone with experience may be able to answer this: does this seem like something Kia would add to the current models, or just add it to the next model year (remote start on keyfob)?
If it is only a software change, I would say slight chance on current year. If there is any hardware at all probably next MY/refresh. I would think it has to be possible via software though as the fob receiver would detect some series of presses and tell the computer.... start the engine under remote start protocols. But I don't know for sure.

John

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't know how to get a video posted on YouTube posted here however, if you go to YouTube and type "2020 Kia Telluride Remote Start done with iDatastart HCX" you will see how someone installed remote start on his Telluride and it works with his existing Kia key fob.

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't know how to get a video posted on YouTube posted here however, if you go to YouTube and type "2020 Kia Telluride Remote Start done with iDatastart HCX" you will see how someone installed remote start on his Telluride and it works with his existing Kia key fob.

Mavtek

Reaction score
This is something I find very disappointing about the Telluride. Just about any GM product these days on the mid-level trim offers both remote start from the fob and from the Onstar app, and that function is free for 5 years. The data plan they offer is for Wifi in the vehicle, which I might add is actually amazing it's two 4G radios combined as a hot spot for everyone in the vehicle and that plan is unlimited at $25 a month, which is actually really nice to have during road trip season for the kids.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Crazymom5

Reaction score
Too bad it's not on the FOB as well. I imagine that you have to pay for a data plan for it to work.
You can choose to purchase a smart key fob if you want. The app doesn’t work that great and if it doesn’t improve before my free year is up, I may do just that.

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The app is terrible. Wanted to start the car today so started it when we decided to leave the park. Took so long to load the current status of the car then transmit the star signal we were practically at the car by the time it started. The app better be completely different if they think anyone is paying for it. This thing reminds me of some random chinese webcam app for a $30 webcam off Amazon.

Pinkharts

Reaction score
I have read on the Kia web site thst the the Telluride comes with remote start as standard as long as you have the UVO app and subscription. When I asked the Kia dealer they said it does not have remote start. Does anyone know what the answer is?

Last edited:

Pinkharts

Reaction score
I just pick up the Telluride and downloaded the app and the remote starter is there. Thank you for your answer. The dealership still says it does not come with one.
Where on the app can I find this. I was told by the dealer that I had to wait for it to become available and that it would be over $600 to have them install it.

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Where on the app can I find this. I was told by the dealer that I had to wait for it to become available and that it would be over $600 to have them install it.
You simply 'set climate' and it will start the car with that climate set. It really is one of the least intuitive apps you can find and is incredibly slow and cumbersome to use. Only thing I think they really half ass-ed about the car. Outside of the towing thing that has people (justifiably) all revved up.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You simply 'set climate' and it will start the car with that climate set. It really is one of the least intuitive apps you can find and is incredibly slow and cumbersome to use. Only thing I think they really half ass-ed about the car. Outside of the towing thing that has people (justifiably) all revved up.
At least the app can be updated, which I am sure they are working on as we speak. (well... I hope!)

Lou Panozzo

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
@Audioi How can you do it for free? The dealership told me they had to order a part for it and would let me know once it came in. Once it is installed its supposed to be a button combination on the key fob but it has to be programmed.
Can you get the part number? Maybe even the name of the part?

SX88

Reaction score
It’s still mind blowing to me that they don’t even know the product they’re selling. You have a dozen cars to learn abound and make you salary/commission and still know nothing about your cars.
Exactly. It’s frustrating when sitting across from the salesman and having to correct him/her on what options the vehicle may or may not have. Why am I educating YOU?