Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Remote start

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have an “S” and the screenshot shows how it is done from the app. However you need to be within cell range and your phone needs a cell signal or wifi. So if you live in a rural area I can’t see this working very well. Even when it works from the app it takes a while for the commands to go back and forth.

There was another post in the forum that showed a dealer in the Middle East showing off the Telluride and it was demonstrated from the FOB remote. I have to imagine that in some areas of the Middle East a cell signal is hard to come by. So it sounds like it is possible just not clear if it requires additional hardware in the vehicle that might be included in the ones that are exported overseas.

Also when my UVO trial expires it likely won’t work.

Attachments

Cknight

Reaction score
I have downloaded the app and connected my phone to the car. My account says active but when I log onto my app on my phone it still wants me to activate. Can anyone help with this?

G

G-967137

I was told by my dealer that it was about $5.00 - $6.00 a month. I did add the remote start to my key fob but still waiting on the part to come in. They have to add something to the vehicle.
Did you get the part installed yet? They are telling me it’s not available. Please advise.

rcoplien

Reaction score
Love the SUV featurese BUT this has got to be the biggest FAIL of Kia! How do you not have a remote start on the fob? Every body else does. I don't think everyone wants to hassle with getting their phone out to start their vehicle and by the sounds of it the lag from phone to car is not good. They need to fix this asap as this is the only thing stopping me from going forward with the purchase.

Mlewis207

Reaction score
Good Morning everyone,
It does not surprise me in the least the the car salespeople don't know about all the features on the car. When I worked at Best Buy I took pride in learning about the product I sold so that I could better service the customer. However.. management had other ideas. You don't need to know about it just sell it. It amazed me, our PC Dept had tons of returns daily because it wasn't what the customer wanted.
As for remote start and the app (as many of you have already read and or know.. this is kinda a recap)
1. Via the app all Tellurides have remote start.
2. You get 1 year of "FREE" UVO service from the date of purchase (So I've read)
3. The app has issues.. From what I've read this is new to KIA as well so yup we're the Guinea pigs.
4. Check frequently for app updates and try refreshing.
5. I've looked up, down, inside and out for pricing on the plan once your 1st year is up and from what I've seen KIA has not announced any pricing as of yet. There are speculations of the cost from $6 to $30 a month and possible 1 year subscriptions for $100. But nothing has been officially announced.

Buckeye-TRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes, Calgary. I have it in an email, but nothing formal. I'm confident it's 5 years.
I don’t remember them saying anything when I bought it but in the US press material for the Telluride the 24th asterisk at the bottom of the page says one year than paid thereafter. Sounds like Canada might be getting an extended trial.

Mlewis207

Reaction score
The app has some issues. This is hust as new to KIA as it is to customers. Ive heard from others that refrshing works

vilynne46

Reaction score
I have read on the Kia web site thst the the Telluride comes with remote start as standard as long as you have the UVO app and subscription. When I asked the Kia dealer they said it does not have remote start. Does anyone know what the answer is?
You have to get the Kia UVO app. You can only start it with a smart phone it’s not on the key fob.
I purchased a Telluride last Wed 6/05 the EX model, and it does not have remote start

vilynne46

Reaction score
I purchased a new Telluride on June 5th the EX model and it did not come with remote start , Is it true that if I get the UVO App that I will be able to get remorte start on my Vehicle?

Hatchmo75

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure all trims have the remote start through the App. That’s the only way you can get remote start period.

Jasondorin

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes I am also confirming you do have remote start. As @Mlewis207 said, the dealers seem to have no clue and dont even try it for themselves. This is my first Kia and I am pretty technically savvy so figured it out. Set up UVO on the car which is very easy and then you set up an account on the phone to access the UVO app with your email or phone and password (suggest phone number because you have to input this everytime you use the app and an email is a pain in the ass). Once on the app you can set climate, remote start, find the car, etc. but have to keep refreshing it as it does not do that automatically when you open the app...

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes. Everyone has remote start. The app is just trash. Expect to always need a couple minutes of waiting to start the car. Easy enough to open and log in with fingerprint (won't just open logged in). Then you typically have to refresh to get the current status of the car which can take 30s-1min typically for me. Then you can send the action you want. Another 30s-1min to get feedback that it completed that function. Pretty disappointing overall for an app from a massive company in 2019. Let alone with how impressive the tech in the car is itself.

JenB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I purchased a new Telluride on June 5th the EX model and it did not come with remote start , Is it true that if I get the UVO App that I will be able to get remorte start on my Vehicle?
You may be confused since there’s not a clear button that says “Start” in the app, I know I was at first. but when you set the Climate, that’s where it will start remotely.

pman

Reaction score
I don’t remember them saying anything when I bought it but in the US press material for the Telluride the 24th asterisk at the bottom of the page says one year than paid thereafter. Sounds like Canada might be getting an extended trial.
Can confirm it's 5 years here. Got my Telluride in Calgary as well.

Member Support

Please keep ths community Ad Free with a Supporting Member account today! For as little as $0.05 per day, you can keep this community online and ad free. CLICK HERE to send your support!