Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Remote start

EROCK

Reaction score
There is absolutely no mention of remote start or any related feature / function in Telluride manual except the following line - "Inside movement detection is stopped under remote start (if equipped) status" So looks like vehicle is not equipped with remote start by default.
I understand what ya mean..& I don’t know why it is that way. But if you get the free UVO app & type in your VIN# to link your car, there is a nice little button there on your phone under the climate control display that says “start”...and it works! Even from across the entire country

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
According to several dealers I have spoken with including where I purchased my vehicle a remote start add on that can be programmed with the key fob is coming soon. He is meeting with their rep tomorrow and I should have an update. This along with the towing hitch was written into my deal.

critrider

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It doesn’t have the option to turn them on. Only thing I can figure is because it’s really more effective at cooling your butt than the actual seat.
You can set the ventilated seats to "on" at startup...mine were set that way and it took me a few days to figure out how to disable it.

Buckeye-TRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You can set the ventilated seats to "on" at startup...mine were set that way and it took me a few days to figure out how to disable it.
I stand corrected. It’s only been 24 hours and I didn’t even get to drive it today because I’m home with a sick kid! Care to share how it’s done in case anyone is wondering?

gmneil

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
According to several dealers I have spoken with including where I purchased my vehicle a remote start add on that can be programmed with the key fob is coming soon. He is meeting with their rep tomorrow and I should have an update. This along with the towing hitch was written into my deal.
i was told there will be one by my dealer as well

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My dealer contacted me today and my trailer hitch has arrived but no ETA on remote start but I will keep everyone posted if I get any updates.

plutoridge

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I understand what ya mean..& I don’t know why it is that way. But if you get the free UVO app & type in your VIN# to link your car, there is a nice little button there on your phone under the climate control display that says “start”...and it works! Even from across the entire country
Thanks 👍, it takes a min or two after you press the button in the app but works fine.

popcrnchicken

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new here and went to check out a Telluride today. Needless to say I will become an owner soon, but it's been extremely difficulty to find an SX with prestige package here in the bay area. Anyway, I'm a little curious as to why people want the remote start on their keyfob vs just using the app? I own an accord hybrid that has this function, but every time I want to remote start from the keyfob, I'm already at the car and ready to go, so it seems pointless. It's inconveniant unless you're within keyfob distance 24/7. When I'm at work getting ready to leave for the day or anywhere else that I have to park my car far away, I would love to be able to start my car and set a desired temperature with an app.

BTW, my dealer told me remote start is unavailable as well and that I would have to go get a 3rd party installation for that. That's what brought me here :)

Last edited:

gmneil

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new here and went to check out a Telluride today. Needless to say I will become an owner soon, but it's been extremely difficulty to find an SX with prestige package here in the bay area. Anyway, I'm a little curious as to why people want the remote start on their keyfob vs just using the app? I own an accord hybrid that has this function, but every time I want to remote start from the keyfob, I'm already at the car and ready to go, so it seems pointless. It's inconveniant unless you're within keyfob distance 24/7. When I'm at work getting ready to leave for the day or anywhere else that I have to park my car far away, I would love to be able to start my car and set a desired temperature with an app.

BTW, my dealer told me remote start is unavailable as well and that I would have to go get a 3rd party installation for that. That's what brought me here :)
there is an option you can add from the dealer that will allow your key fob to start your car just like on the stinger, from my understanding there is a piece that will need to be installed in the telluride that will allow this, as of now I don't believe the needed pieces are available ..

and I would need this function as at my job cell phones are not allowed due to protected information so a cell phone app would not help me at all while I'm at work.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
For 90% of us, the app will be just fine and preferred. It is special cases as pointed out above that would make some prefer a key fob. Also, people in bad service areas may prefer the key fob. Lastly, the app requires a small monthly fee to use after the free trial expires (again, not a major issue for most of us, but some will decline paying for this app).

Konstantin

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
For 90% of us, the app will be just fine and preferred. It is special cases as pointed out above that would make some prefer a key fob. Also, people in bad service areas may prefer the key fob. Lastly, the app requires a small monthly fee to use after the free trial expires (again, not a major issue for most of us, but some will decline paying for this app).
For how many years do you get free subscription in US?

It's 5 years in Canada.

cmoses

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I currently have 2 vehicles. One does not have remote start but can roll down windows and open up sunroof. The other has remote start. I use both features in the cars and both work off of the key fob. I understand the benefit of having the UVO app. It can start the car and a lot more. I will like those options s but I still want remote start from the key fob. Just more convenient when walking out to your car to just hit a combination of buttons on the key fob. Sure it might not give you all the control of the app but it's a trade off that is still worth it. Having the car startup and at least start to blow some cool air in the hot Texas summers makes a big difference. I hope it is just an add on part and key fob programming. I don't want a whole other fob.

392DCGC

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Anyway, I'm a little curious as to why people want the remote start on their keyfob vs just using the app?
App costs money - if it's more than $5/mo, it's really not worth it, and a fob remote start should be STANDARD for this reason, and as a fall-back option. The app doesn't respond immediately. If I'm about to walk out the door of my home in 30 seconds, the app likely won't respond before I get to the car, whereas the fob would be instantaneous. Also, in areas where you or the car don't get cell service, it is valuable. There is no reason Kia should have excluded remote start from the fob on a $47K vehicle... huge oversight.

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
App costs money - if it's more than $5/mo, it's really not worth it, and a fob remote start should be STANDARD for this reason, and as a fall-back option. The app doesn't respond immediately. If I'm about to walk out the door of my home in 30 seconds, the app likely won't respond before I get to the car, whereas the fob would be instantaneous. Also, in areas where you or the car don't get cell service, it is valuable. There is no reason Kia should have excluded remote start from the fob on a $47K vehicle... huge oversight.
That's right, I would be okay if they would have given 5 years of free UVO service as Canadian's owners got.