Schlegel

Reaction score
Here is a NEW one that may go to the very tippy top of the Bad Dealer list:

EVANS KIA, Evans, GA

2022 SX FWD Everlasting Silver/Butterscotch

Window Sticker: $44,535

Quoted: $59,535 ($15K Markup)

PLUS

VIP Plus: $2,995 (no idea what that is and I am not going to ask)

SO: $62,530

Total MARKUP: $17,995

OMFG When will it end.

Last edited:

Patsfan29

Reaction score
Here's another great deal from Kia of Greer, South Carolina

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211101-200818.png
    Screenshot_20211101-200818.png
    779.9 KB · Views: 109

Nova90

Reaction score
Another dealer practicing thievery: Fred Beans Kia Langhorne, PA is demanding MSRP + $10,000 for new Tulleride orders.

Marz

Reaction score
Major Kia, in Sussex / Newton, NJ

Quoted 12k over for a 44k EXP, who knows on an SX..

I guess that’s why they have 5 in stock…

Schlegel

Reaction score
Another dealer practicing thievery: Fred Beans Kia Langhorne, PA is demanding MSRP + $10,000 for new Tulleride orders.
Ed Voyles KIA - GA - $10K Markup plus $1,995 protection package PLUS $16K allowance on my TRADE which is worth $23 to $28K. These people are thieves that actually borderline on EVIL. It's hard to comprehend. They easily justify their practices by saying all the usual crap. The vehicle justifies the markup, people are paying it, it's a good "investment" etc. Sorry a vehicle is rarely a good investment. Ah well...

Schlegel

Reaction score
Here's another great deal from Kia of Greer, South Carolina
All local (Atlanta Metro) KIA dealers are marking up EVERY KIA in stock by $5K to $15K depending on model. Sportage, K5, Sorentos, etc. I recently drove the KIA Sorento Plug In Hybrid and it was horrible. Wind noise, road noise, engine noise. I wanted to like it but nope.

Nova90

Reaction score
Ed Voyles KIA - GA - $10K Markup plus $1,995 protection package PLUS $16K allowance on my TRADE which is worth $23 to $28K. These people are thieves that actually borderline on EVIL. It's hard to comprehend. They easily justify their practices by saying all the usual crap. The vehicle justifies the markup, people are paying it, it's a good "investment" etc. Sorry a vehicle is rarely a good investment. Ah well...
I only hope that these dealers who are embracing these practices, see it paid back when the market stabilizes. They are gouging the market.

Schlegel

Reaction score
I only hope that these dealers who are embracing these practices, see it paid back when the market stabilizes. They are gouging the market.
Agreed. It's WAY beyond a "reasonable" markup now. The market is nuts for all vehicle purchases. They now have SECURITY TAGS on meat in Atlanta supermarkets now. So, there is that....

arattle

Solutions
Reaction score
And to think they're a few miles away from Sussman, who still take MSRP orders.

zhelder

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Major Kia, in Sussex / Newton, NJ

Quoted 12k over for a 44k EXP, who knows on an SX..

I guess that’s why they have 5 in stock…
Time to drive down to Nutley…

shawncsmith

Reaction score
Luke Lavoie at Hendrick Auto in SC.
If you don't have the courtesy to answer an email in 2021... you don't want business.
Bad Dealer in my book.

Nova90

Reaction score
And to think they're a few miles away from Sussman, who still take MSRP orders.
The general manager at Fred Beans Kia still wouldn't budget when I informed him that both Murray and Sussman were at MSRP and within 20 miles or so of their dealership. Obviously, they get enough people that don't have resources like this site for information.

rockadile

Reaction score
The general manager at Fred Beans Kia still wouldn't budget when I informed him that both Murray and Sussman were at MSRP and within 20 miles or so of their dealership. Obviously, they get enough people that don't have resources like this site for information.
I think there are 2 operating models with dealers. Those that are willing to sell at MSRP and get their profit with volume and those that are willing to let the vehicles sit on their lot for suckers buyers willing to pay over MSRP, selling less, but making their profit on "market adjustments".

I did talk to the owner of Murray Kia on a couple of occasions and I've gotten the impression he has no intention of ever selling over MSRP. He did mention the order-to-delivery times were increasing.

Done487

Reaction score
I ordered one mid September from Jake Sweeney in Florence Ky. Was told 6-8 weeks but I was a novice and didn’t ask from what to what. Anyway I’m not in a hurry and some have waited a really long time. I ordered the SX awd prestige nightfall with towing and Dune Napa leather. Price including destination was $51k and the sales manager signed the order indicating that was the price. They have been responsive to my couple inquiries. So far I’m not in the hopper yet. I saw a 21 Telly in the grocery store parking lot. It was very nice, the design, the wheels, the paint. Good luck everyone!

rcoplien

Reaction score
I'm not judging but if you can't put 5% as a bona fide down payment, you have to question if this is a vehicle for you. It'll be applied to purchase price so what's the big deal?
Maybe he has a trade in that he wants to use when he gets his car in. You can use that for more money down on that $50,000 vehicle. That's what I'm doing.

rocketdays

Reaction score
Nightmare experience at Yonkers Kia. I ordered my car (Wolf Gray EX) in July for $3000 over MSRP. Finally received my VIN number in October and began anxiously tracking it. As soon as it arrived at the dealership in November I began calling and emailing to schedule pick up. When I finally got someone on the phone 5 days later, I found out THEY SOLD MY CAR TO SOMEONE ELSE. They did not attempt to contact me once.

No apology. No effort to make it right. Their best offer was to wait for another Wolf Gray EX due to arrive in December that doesn't match my order (still $3000 over MSRP). Absolute garbage customer service. I will never deal with them again, except possibly to sue for breach of contract.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

rockadile

Reaction score
Nightmare experience at Yonkers Kia. I ordered my car (Wolf Gray EX) in July for $3000 over MSRP. Finally received my VIN number in October and began anxiously tracking it. As soon as it arrived at the dealership in November I began calling and emailing to schedule pick up. When I finally got someone on the phone 5 days later, I found out THEY SOLD MY CAR TO SOMEONE ELSE. They did not attempt to contact me once.

No apology. No effort to make it right. Their best offer was to wait for another Wolf Gray EX due to arrive in December that doesn't match my order (still $3000 over MSRP). Absolute garbage customer service. I will never deal with them again, except possibly to sue for breach of contract.
Wow! That's crazy. Not surprising on some levels given how much dealers can charge over invoice when they have a car on the lot but still...this is yet another example of why so many consumers absolutely hate car dealers.

nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners