No soliciting permitted.

Order to delivery time

Mainfinger

Reaction score
I'm know this has been asked but what is the time between VIN creation and delivery. Do they wait to have a full truck to go to one dealer?
Bruh this system is so random. I follow the vins on fc for my dealer and for example one vin was created 11/03/20 delivered 11/20/20..17 days from vin to deliver. Mine was created 10 days after this one 11/13/20 but is projected 12/27/20+. 🤦🏽‍♂️ How!?

Craigcat77

Reaction score
I'm know this has been asked but what is the time between VIN creation and delivery. Do they wait to have a full truck to go to one dealer?
It seems to vary based on how far you are from plant (GA), time of year, how much the moon is waning at time of VIN creation, etc..
Bruh this system is so random. I follow the vins on fc for my dealer and for example one vin was created 11/03/20 delivered 11/20/20..17 days from vin to deliver. Mine was created 10 days after this one 11/13/20 but is projected 12/27/20+. 🤦🏽‍♂️ How!?
It really seems to depend on of course how far you are from the plant (GA), but also what phase the moon is in, what astrological sign your salesman was born under and/or if a groundhog saw it's shadow the day the VIN was created.

Mainfinger

Reaction score
It seems to vary based on how far you are from plant (GA), time of year, how much the moon is waning at time of VIN creation, etc..

It really seems to depend on of course how far you are from the plant (GA), but also what phase the moon is in, what astrological sign your salesman was born under and/or if a groundhog saw it's shadow the day the VIN was created.
Lmao. Well hopefully the tide was low and the tectonic plates shift at the right time and my car comes asap. So tired of waiting 😂.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

R0per

Reaction score
Name is attached... In Transit to dealer... ETA showing 11-15 as of today
@StephenCantrelle

Would it be possible to check 5XYP5DHC3MG131056 one more time for me? Despite you saying ETA was 11-15, my dealer has been telling me 11-22 all along. I pinged him today and now he's saying it's 11-29.

Thank you!

JGBJanet

Reaction score
What would you do? I have a Telly ordered at msrp from a local dealer, with an ETA of January 29. A vehicle with the exact specs is on another lot about 45 minutes away, and they had offered it to me at $2000 over msrp before I placed my order. Not interested, thank you, and I respect and prefer to give my business to the dealership that made the decision to sell at msrp. But I’ve been watching the dealer inventory at the other dealer and the car is still there. It’s been there at least since some time in October. It is a less popular combo, Sangria with no Prestige package. They have 32 Tellurides in their inventory today. I’m contemplating waiting until the end of November and offering to buy it for the same out the door price as the one ordered. They may not be interested, but if they are, I need to be prepared to actually pull the plug. But honestly, I hate to bail on the good dealer and support the price manipulating dealer. Should I feel bad? I can wait, but it would be nice to have it two months sooner, and if it gets delayed more than a month, I could run into not having it before going to Florida in March. Any dealers want to weigh in?

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
@StephenCantrelle

Would it be possible to check 5XYP5DHC3MG131056 one more time for me? Despite you saying ETA was 11-15, my dealer has been telling me 11-22 all along. I pinged him today and now he's saying it's 11-29.

Thank you!
ETA is showing 11-29 as of today.. still In Transit... must have something to do with going on the train rail up to your area

PassingTime

Reaction score
What would you do? I have a Telly ordered at msrp from a local dealer, with an ETA of January 29. A vehicle with the exact specs is on another lot about 45 minutes away, and they had offered it to me at $2000 over msrp before I placed my order. Not interested, thank you, and I respect and prefer to give my business to the dealership that made the decision to sell at msrp. But I’ve been watching the dealer inventory at the other dealer and the car is still there. It’s been there at least since some time in October. It is a less popular combo, Sangria with no Prestige package. They have 32 Tellurides in their inventory today. I’m contemplating waiting until the end of November and offering to buy it for the same out the door price as the one ordered. They may not be interested, but if they are, I need to be prepared to actually pull the plug. But honestly, I hate to bail on the good dealer and support the price manipulating dealer. Should I feel bad? I can wait, but it would be nice to have it two months sooner, and if it gets delayed more than a month, I could run into not having it before going to Florida in March. Any dealers want to weigh in?
There is a reason there are 32 sitting in inventory. If it were me I would probably wait for the one ordered. Just my 2 cents.

jnagurn

Reaction score

Oddly, looks like my ETA moved up two weeks and November deliver moved back two weeks. I guess this was done to ensure all built vehicles are on the lot for an EOY sales push.

Mainfinger

Reaction score
Oddly, looks like my ETA moved up two weeks and November deliver moved back two weeks. I guess this was done to ensure all built vehicles are on the lot for an EOY sales push.
That sounds promising! What was your ETA before it moved up 2 weeks? Hopefully they do some sick EOY Sales incentives too haha.

jnagurn

Reaction score
That sounds promising! What was your ETA before it moved up 2 weeks? Hopefully they do some sick EOY Sales incentives too haha.
My ETA was 12/23. Stephen told me 12/17 on Friday and confirmed again today but the sales manager at the dealership say 12/9.

I hope so. I didn't plan for it but hope it works out. I spent about two weeks finding dealers in PA and DE that sold at MSRP. I then got their order lists to find whom had Wolf Gray builds coming in. Was going with an EX until they told me a SX was coming in three weeks later. Then I flipped by EX to a person in the Telluride FB Group and took the SX.

jnagurn

Reaction score
I have been told when I started this journey that if I built an SX to my specs it is a 4-5 month wait. If I wanted one sooner, look for dealers with a similar build in their allocation in the in the pipeline already and I did that. A lot of great dealers and sales reps out there. At one point I was on the weekly distribution from 3 sales reps of builds for 3 dealers to find one not reserved for me to put deposit on. Although they did not take a deposit just the Finance application.

JGBJanet

Reaction score
I have been told when I started this journey that if I built an SX to my specs it is a 4-5 month wait. If I wanted one sooner, look for dealers with a similar build in their allocation in the in the pipeline already and I did that. A lot of great dealers and sales reps out there. At one point I was on the weekly distribution from 3 sales reps of builds for 3 dealers to find one not reserved for me to put deposit on. Although they did not take a deposit just the Finance application.
It depends on the individual dealer’s allocation and how many people want to order from them. A small dealer with a big following will take longer than a big dealer where supply is more in sync with demand. I think the first wild card is how many months backlog there is submit the order. Then it’s in Kia’s hands and other variables come into play. At my bigger dealer, the order wait is 3 months at msrp, no extras. So how long did you have to wait from start of search to delivery going your route?