Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

What did you pay for your KIA Telluride?

mike93

Reaction score
I ordered mine today! Ended up going with the Moss w/Dune Brown SX w/Prestige AWD, $46,215 out the door w/the following accessories at no cost: Illuminated scuff plates, all weather mats w/trunk liner, cargo net, rear bumper protection, and side steps at dealer cost. The rebates I got were the 1000 competitor and 400 military off MSRP. Not much of a discount and I shopped 8 dealers, most had the vehicle priced at an average 5k above MSRP when I see those side stickers I walk away. I did not pay tax as I'm a disable vet in GA. 1.9 @ 60. The nice thing is that the dealer is letting me drive a Sorento SX while the order comes in which is roughly 60 days away.
When you say out the door, is that after tax?

LtFireguy

Reaction score
I checked your posts, I see you're in Calgary. I'm in Edmonton, and so far I have not had too much luck getting an SX. not too many up here right now, and the few dealers that have them are way above MSRP. Do you mind breaking down your deal? and who did you purchase from in Calgary?
Why are they selling above MSRP? Plenty here at Ottawa dealerships, infact I've yet to see one on the road so makes me wonder if they are very popular here.

Last edited:

LtFireguy

Reaction score
Everyone really needs to be a little more patient and let Kia build some inventory. This heavy demand is causing dealers to charge MSRP and more in some cases. It's not fair to people who need a vehicle now or the folks who can wait a bit longer. Kia could reevaluate the cost of the Telluride and reduce incentives down the road. This potentially could adverisly effect future buyers as well as Kia.
...and maybe that'll help us Canadians get black wheels. Availability issue I'm told so only Tellurides in the USA get them.

popcrnchicken

Reaction score
Hi all, due to lack of inventory, the internet supervisor at the dealer is asking me to order a Telluride. They are offering me it at MSRP. They were initially giving me a nameless $1500 rebate, but for 60 months at 2.9%. When I referenced the 60 months at 1.9% on the website, they said they can do that, but the rebate only works for the 2.9% rate so I wouldn't be getting it. Working out the numbers, the 1.9% makes more sense in the long run vs. the -$1500 and 2.9%. Should I be asking for more off MSRP (and how should I ask?) or should I be happy to take one at MSRP at this point?

DRK

Reaction score
Hi all, due to lack of inventory, the internet supervisor at the dealer is asking me to order a Telluride. They are offering me it at MSRP. They were initially giving me a nameless $1500 rebate, but for 60 months at 2.9%. When I referenced the 60 months at 1.9% on the website, they said they can do that, but the rebate only works for the 2.9% rate so I wouldn't be getting it. Working out the numbers, the 1.9% makes more sense in the long run vs. the -$1500 and 2.9%. Should I be asking for more off MSRP (and how should I ask?) or should I be happy to take one at MSRP at this point?
I was told the same. The dealer said 0.9% or 1.9% rate won't be compatible with 1500 rebate. But, some people here got both lower rate (1.9%) and 1500 rebate. I think that is negotiable.

Assuming 40k loan amount for 60 months. 1.3% difference is the break even point. I mean 2.9% with 1500 rebate is equivalent to 1.6% without rebate unless early pay-off.
If pay it off earlier, I would take 1500 rebate with higher interest rate.

BTW, the current rebate is meaningless when you order. If the car is delivered to you in July, the July rebate will be applied. We don't know what rebates will be in July.

popcrnchicken

Reaction score
I was told the same. The dealer said 0.9% or 1.9% rate won't be compatible with 1500 rebate. But, some people here got both lower rate (1.9%) and 1500 rebate. I think that is negotiable.

Assuming 40k loan amount for 60 months. 1.3% difference is the break even point. I mean 2.9% with 1500 rebate is equivalent to 1.6% without rebate unless early pay-off.
If pay it off earlier, I would take 1500 rebate with higher interest rate.

BTW, the current rebate is meaningless when you order. If the car is delivered to you in July, the July rebate will be applied. We don't know what rebates will be in July.
Thank you for your input. I’m looking at an MSRP of $47380. According to my calculations, it would be $1,138 cheaper to do 1.9% at full price over the life of the loan. I do anticipate paying it off earlier than 6 months. Does Kia finance have any penalties for that?

Any room for negotiations on the MSRP without end date based incentives? Has anyone successfully just had money taken off the car without incentives?

frfnugn

Reaction score
Thank you for your input. I’m looking at an MSRP of $47380. According to my calculations, it would be $1,138 cheaper to do 1.9% at full price over the life of the loan. I do anticipate paying it off earlier than 6 months. Does Kia finance have any penalties for that?

Any room for negotiations on the MSRP without end date based incentives? Has anyone successfully just had money taken off the car without incentives?
Can't answer your first question about Kia finance. In regards to "money taken off without incentives", there have been plenty of reports of below-MSRP deals. I personally ordered one at invoice, in addition to whatever incentives are available when it's delivered (should be end of May). It seems as though the Midwest is able to get better deals, as I've even seen an SX that was ordered for $1500 under invoice (plus incentives as well).

kjh8sfk23r8

Reaction score

Depends on how early you can pay it off and what kind of access you have to other loans. It's usually advisable to get the out the door price down and just refinance with another bank or pay off early. Best bang for the buck. They will tell you not to refinance the loan within X amount of time because they'll lose their kickbacks but they can pound sand, just go refinance it the next day.

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Any one lease one yet? I am looking at an EX was quoted $548 a month....$0 down / 36mo / 12k mi
I leased my ex Awd for $499 a month(including taxes,fees which are around $60 in Ohio ) / $700 down /36 mo / bumped mine to 15k mi. I’ve had mine for 2 months now. Also got a $499 check from Kia from kia the other week from the founders club. So essentially it’s like I put $200 down. So you should be able to get an ex Awd 12k Miles around $400-425 before tax and fees

Last edited:

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Dark Moss EX with black interior just purchased yesterday in central Ohio and the only one left in Columbus and Very few if any left in the state. Dealer wanted ~$38k which was MSRP + mud guards, folding trunk mat and floor mats. I received $1000 conquest cash which they allowed me to use the registration from my wife’s vehicle instead of my trade because it didn’t qualify, $1000 off from the dealer, and because he was not allowed to discount the car any further he offered me an additional $1000 on the trade which was $1000 more than any dealer had offered me on it (was rear-ended and repaired so I was gonna be screwed regardless but this definitely helped). Did not get the $1500 rebate because the interest rates are absolute garbage and wouldn’t have made sense. Opted to finance with a different bank at 2.9 for 72 with a $14k down payment. So I basically got them to come off $2k with a $1k rebate so about $35k before TT&T. Felt pretty good because they had the same story as every other dealer “high demand no haggling”. I told them I totally understood and would rather walk (which was 100% true) and they continued to work with me. I’m sure there will be better deals to be had but I feel good about where I landed in the end and this car is freaking awesome!!
Nice , congrats ! I leased my black EX from Hatfield Kia in Columbus 2 months ago now. It’s been great! I work downtown and saw a sangaria one by my office a couple weeks ago and a black or moss green one today. I love the drive assist features, pretty much let the car drive me on 315 everyday 😎

LtFireguy

Reaction score
I'm curious to see how you got a $4K discount? Total profit including holdback is ~$3K so the numbers don't make sense unless there is a trade-in.

Care to explain?
Because he's in Canada maybe? A guy I work with just bought one and got a similar deal without a trade in. Maybe the holdback that you mention is different here? I'm assuming you are in the USA when i say this.

jaychoi

Reaction score
AWD or not? $33-34k should be doable after incentives on non-AWD. I’ve got mine ordered at $35,336 for S-AWD after incentives (invoice - $1200 lease cash). Take off $1930 for AWD invoice and you’re down to $33,406. Remove another ~$600 for my few options (hitch, roof rack, floor mats) and it’s under $33k.
33k is exactly what I am looking for!(S-FWD pearl white, no other options) I just wasn't sure if it was doable. Thanks for sharing your deal.

Mavtek

Reaction score
FYI for those of you who are having trouble getting the rebates plus finance deals. Don't let the dealer job you. Here's a screenshot of the rebates with the finance offers for the Telluride. If you score over 720 1.9% for 48 months and 2.9% for 60 are available with the $1500 rebate. Show them this photo, or have them show you the "Dealer Choice" Finance screen, as you can see "insider info" they have the "markup" option at an extra 1% APY, do not pay this! Good Luck!

Mavtek

Reaction score
Other rebate information. If you have one of the below vehicles or know someone who does, all you need is the VIN of the vehicle and you qualify for another $1000, this can be combined with the $1000 loyalty rebate. These rebates do not require a trade in.

popcrnchicken

Reaction score
Other rebate information. If you have one of the below vehicles or know someone who does, all you need is the VIN of the vehicle and you qualify for another $1000, this can be combined with the $1000 loyalty rebate. These rebates do not require a trade in.
So every car? lol

Seriously though, this is very helpful. Thank you. Now if only I could find one on a lot somewhere. I think they have them hiding under the rugs.

jaychoi

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Below is what I got from my dealer for S-FWD-WHITE-NO OPT. I'm looking to go for additional 2k discount. (OTD 33k) what do you think? Please share your wisdom.

MSRP $35,750
Sale Price $34,811
Rebate $1,500
Total Sale Price $32,977
Taxes $1,462.11
Tags $77.75
Processing $499.00
Total $35,015.86

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
FYI for those of you who are having trouble getting the rebates plus finance deals. Don't let the dealer job you. Here's a screenshot of the rebates with the finance offers for the Telluride. If you score over 720 1.9% for 48 months and 2.9% for 60 are available with the $1500 rebate. Show them this photo, or have them show you the "Dealer Choice" Finance screen, as you can see "insider info" they have the "markup" option at an extra 1% APY, do not pay this! Good Luck!
View attachment 1154
Wow. Never seen it spelled out so clearly. Having poor credit really is a compounding problem... pun intended. Can't imagine taking out a car loan for 5...6....9% interest! wtf.

ColMo

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
View attachment 1155View attachment 1156
Do you have any screen shots of the lease incentives? What I have seen is $4100 for 2 year lease - $2800 for 3 year lease - plus additional $400 if you qualify for Military

Js327

Reaction score
Yeah dealer mark up was 46k I got it down to 37k before tax and tags/registration. I was in Pa
Thanks for sharing. In the post above you said it was 36 out the door but it seems like your out the door was higher if it was 37 before out the door tax, reg etc. Which one was it?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.