Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

What did you pay for your KIA Telluride?

TellurideAL

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just picked up a Sangria EX. I got it for slightly above invoice. This included the tow package, wheel locks, carpeted mats and folding cargo tray. The numbers worked out like this:

MSRP : 41710
Price Paid: 39912
Invoice: 39797
Trade: 8500 (2012 Hondy Odyssey with 98K - good trade it seems)
Rebates: 2500
Total Price: 31325 OTD including fees and taxes
Interest rate: 1.9%

I guess I'm happy with the deal. I tried to get splash guards thrown in and they wouldn't budge on anything else. I also left the dealership initially because they wouldn't deal very much. But they called me back within a couple days with this offer and I went for it. They told me I did get the car for invoice but the amount over is some sort of advertising fee and everyone has to pay it. Sounded like nonsense but it still seemed like a decent deal at this point. They also said they want to get more of them on the road hence the deal. I'm in WNY for reference.

Attachments

CNF

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just picked up a Sangria EX. I got it for slightly above invoice. This included the tow package, wheel locks, carpeted mats and folding cargo tray. The numbers worked out like this:

MSRP : 41710
Price Paid: 39912
Invoice: 39797
Trade: 8500 (2012 Hondy Odyssey with 98K - good trade it seems)
Rebates: 2500
Total Price: 31325 OTD including fees and taxes
Interest rate: 1.9%

I guess I'm happy with the deal. I tried to get splash guards thrown in and they wouldn't budge on anything else. I also left the dealership initially because they wouldn't deal very much. But they called me back within a couple days with this offer and I went for it. They told me I did get the car for invoice but the amount over is some sort of advertising fee and everyone has to pay it. Sounded like nonsense but it still seemed like a decent deal at this point. They also said they want to get more of them on the road hence the deal. I'm in WNY for reference.
Do you mind sharing where you purchased? I'm also in WNY

TellurideAL

Reaction score
Sure, I purchased it at Transitowne Kia in West Seneca. I worked with Nick and Sergio. They were kind of shady with the numbers at first but when I finally asked them to break everything down they did and stuck to their numbers. And the deal seemed pretty good to me. I negotiated by email mostly since I left the dealership after the test drive without a deal. Good luck and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

DRK

Reaction score
I'm thinking of order SX AWD with Prestiage package. The dealer told me it would take 4 to 6 months for SX (2 to 4 months for other trims) yesterday, while another dealer said 8 to 10 weeks last week. It sounds like 4 to 6 months is more realistic.
The dealer would not charge over the MSRP and refundable deposit. Obviously, it is a better deal than the msrp+market adjustment deals.
Though, I'm hesitating to make an order because of 4 to 6 months waiting time. Considering this waiting time and alternative (Palisade), it might be not a good deal unless I get some dealer discount.
I'm willing to buy Palisade instead.
What do you guys think? Is it worth make an order with msrp?

Mavtek

Reaction score
Ended up getting supposedly $2500 in rebates and another $500 off for a Gray EX with towing package, no other options except floormats, cargo net etc. My Price was $36250 + TTL, did the 48 months at 1.9% with $5000 down, not sure my wife cared so much about $5k down, but she did. Our payments are something like $735 a month. Oh and this was at Clay Cooley Kia in Irving, Texas.

Daparest

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm thinking of order SX AWD with Prestiage package. The dealer told me it would take 4 to 6 months for SX (2 to 4 months for other trims) yesterday, while another dealer said 8 to 10 weeks last week. It sounds like 4 to 6 months is more realistic.
The dealer would not charge over the MSRP and refundable deposit. Obviously, it is a better deal than the msrp+market adjustment deals.
Though, I'm hesitating to make an order because of 4 to 6 months waiting time. Considering this waiting time and alternative (Palisade), it might be not a good deal unless I get some dealer discount.
I would think the same way. But.. the Palisade has more goodies than the Telluride. This could make the equivalent trim more expensive because of those extras (like the motorized third row seats). And there still could be shortages causing the same 3, 4 month waits for the upper trim Palisade. I will still look at and price the Palisade next month. My 4 April $2000 deposit on a Telluride SX/AWD/PRESTIGE lease is refundable so I suppose I have flexibility.

Daparest

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Agreed. I didn't say the power seats are worth paying a penny more for them. They are not. I just said they could make the equivalent trim more expensive.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
ORDERED. 2020 Telluride SX AWD Prestige - Ebony Black Exterior, Gray Nappa Interior, All-Weather Mats, Cargo Tray, Cargo Net, Mud Guards. Trading in 2014 Mazda 6 Sport. Got an incredible trade value on it as shown below. Thank you @arckal !!! Got it from Matt Taylor. $1,000 FULLY REFUNDABLE deposit required.

MSRP = $47,490.00 (includes destination and above listed accessories)
Dealer Discount: -$1,657.00
Dealer Price: $45,833.00
Rebates: -$2,500.00
Adjusted price: $43,333.00
Trade in: -$8,500.00
Trade Difference: $34,833.00
Doc Fee: $250.00
Tax: $2,631.00
Non Tax Fee: $33.50
Balance: $37,747.50 (OUT THE DOOR)
UPDATE: My car will be arriving on 6/27. With the help of Stephen C. I was able to locate a car with the same exact specs I ordered factory allocated to a dealer 2.5 hours from me with an estimated arrival of 6/27. I called them and said I wanted them to match the above offer from my dealer. They initially declined and said no one is discounting these vehicles and they couldn't match the trade in value. Turned out, they have the same ownership as my dealer! Lucky for me, my dealer's GM called theirs and they worked out a trade. If I didn't look and find that the car was factory allocated to the dealer 2.5 hours from me, I would be waiting 6 months longer than I am I believe. And luckily it wasn't pre sold already. Very lucky and thankful! Still no VIN yet, but estimated arrival is 6/27. I should have a VIN within 2-3 weeks. Time from order to estimated arrival: 8 weeks.

Last edited:

DRK

Reaction score
I would think the same way. But.. the Palisade has more goodies than the Telluride. This could make the equivalent trim more expensive because of those extras (like the motorized third row seats). And there still could be shortages causing the same 3, 4 month waits for the upper trim Palisade. I will still look at and price the Palisade next month. My 4 April $2000 deposit on a Telluride SX/AWD/PRESTIGE lease is refundable so I suppose I have flexibility.
Palisade has been popular in Korea. They are waiting several months for Palisade in Korea just like Telluride in the US. I expect Palisade will be in great demand here, but I think it will be less popular than Telluride. I'm just guessing the fully loaded Palisade will be priced around 48K.

DRK

Reaction score
I ended up ordering SX+AWD+Prestige today.
I will pay MSRP - Rebates + TTL, and will get some free accessories worth about $600. I don't think I did my best to get better deal.
The dealer still said it will take 4 to 6 months for the SX prestige package. Long way to go.

popcrnchicken

Reaction score
I ended up ordering SX+AWD+Prestige today.
I will pay MSRP - Rebates + TTL, and will get some free accessories worth about $600. I don't think I did my best to get better deal.
The dealer still said it will take 4 to 6 months for the SX prestige package. Long way to go.
Hmmm. My dealer told me it usually takes 8-10 weeks from order to get them, and they have been coming faster than that.

Kirkster

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was told 90 days...probably less. I ordered three weeks ago. 90 days is a short wait. When I ordered a Mercedes for European delivery it was 6 months. Odd thing was I had a vin in two weeks.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.