Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

What did you pay for your KIA Telluride?

Mlewis207

Reaction score
I just picked up an SX w/ prestige and AWD in Green Moss for $44,500 (not including TTL) in South Florida. I feel it was a good deal considering AWD is nearly impossible to find without ordering.
I'd say that's a really good deal considering how new and hot this car is. MSRP is just over 46.5K without any add-on goodies.
I'm guessing you were one of the early birds and got it as soon as it came out?

Mlewis207

Reaction score
Anyone use the Costco Auto Program yet? I just saw a dealership in KY (Jake Sweeney) was added to it and they honor the pre-arranged Costco pricing. I just don't know what the pricing is yet, as you need to go into the dealership to get it.
I tried and he would not give me a price. Just high pressure sales and a lot of BS. Tried telling me they discontinued one of the models and that KIA sold 150k already and that I need to act fast. I called him on his BS.
Anyways.. someone else mentioned that its too new and Costco price is pretty much MSRP price at this time.

Frankenmoose

Reaction score
I'd say that's a really good deal considering how new and hot this car is. MSRP is just over 46.5K without any add-on goodies.
I'm guessing you were one of the early birds and got it as soon as it came out?
I just bought it 2 days ago. The dealer wasn’t advertising it for sale but I, by luck, got in touch with the GM and we worked out a deal.

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Exactly what you said.
You beat the rush and got the car you wanted, but had to pay a premium for it. For $5k down and 700+ a month, that's luxury SUV money. Obviously this is the car that you want and congrats on getting it, but its better to never put money down on a lease.
While the Kia brand is not commonly associated with being Luxury, the Telluride is a Luxury SUV. Go test drive an Audi Q7, Land Rover, Navigator, BMW M7, etc.

Then compare it to the Telluride. The Telluride is every bit a Luxury SUV at a non-luxury price. Hence the reason whose who are wise enough to recognize it may be willing to pay more than MSRP.

np86

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
While the Kia brand is not commonly associated with being Luxury, the Telluride is a Luxury SUV. Go test drive an Audi Q7, Land Rover, Navigator, BMW M7, etc.

Then compare it to the Telluride. The Telluride is every bit a Luxury SUV at a non-luxury price. Hence the reason whose who are wise enough to recognize it may be willing to pay more than MSRP.
I like the Telluride a lot and do believe it is luxurious, but I was mainly framing my comment against the amount of money for the lease.
I've checked out many of the cars you mentioned above and I saw audi Q8's for $7something a month with $3k down for a 36 month lease. I saw volvo XC90s leasing for less than what the individual is paying and both of these cars MSRP is considerably higher. Its not my money so it doesn't matter, i'm just surprised that even when committing to an above average length lease (48 months), that you would have to put down as much and pay that much, just my 2 cents.
The bottom line is, i'm just salty because you got your car and my ETA is still TBD lol.

Wap52

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Even though I think I got ripped off and it is embarrassing, I will share my details in the hopes that it helps others.

I am in NJ. I was searching on Kia.com for a SX-P and found one at a dealership 60 miles away. It is a SX with Prestige Package in Black Copper with Dune Brown leather seats. It has the towing package, carpeted floor mats, cargo tray, and wheel locks so the total MSRP including options and handling came to $48,110 on the window sticker.

I went this past Saturday (6/8/2019) and got the vehicle. I won't bore you with the negotiation process unless someone asks so here are my final numbers off the lease paperwork:

Gross Capitalized Cost: $58,196
Capitalized Cost Reduction: $4,890
Adjusted Capitalized Cost: $53,305
Residual Value: $25,979
Rent Charge: $7,954
Total of Base Monthly Payment: $35,280
Payments: 48
Monthly Payment: $735
Miles per year: 10,000

In summary, I put $5,000 down, it is $735 a month for 48 months with 10,000 miles per year.
wow you got the car I have on ordered. Wish you would send some pictures and in the end if your happy that is all that matters. Congrats on your new Telluride. Enjoy and be safe. Is this car by chance an AWD also?

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I like the Telluride a lot and do believe it is luxurious, but I was mainly framing my comment against the amount of money for the lease.
I've checked out many of the cars you mentioned above and I saw audi Q8's for $7something a month with $3k down for a 36 month lease. I saw volvo XC90s leasing for less than what the individual is paying and both of these cars MSRP is considerably higher. Its not my money so it doesn't matter, i'm just surprised that even when committing to an above average length lease (48 months), that you would have to put down as much and pay that much, just my 2 cents.
The bottom line is, i'm just salty because you got your car and my ETA is still TBD lol.
Gotcha.

Always keep in mind that the Money Factor (MF) is the key driver of the actual lease payment. Those lease payments advertised are for the very best credit and the specific model and associated capitalized cost (CC) the lender expects. If your FICO score is lower, or your capitalized cost is higher, you will easily have a significantly higher monthly lease payment.

The gentleman whose CC was $10,000 above MSRP was signed for the excess deficiency plus interest on the entire deficiency plus he may have had a FICO score below the best tier which equaled an even higher MF. All these things made for his $700+ monthly lease payment. Yet, even still, while he is making a lease payment that ranks up there with an Audi Q7/Q8, if he keeps the vehicle and doesn't wreck it, at lease he has an incredible warranty to reduce his costs. Also, if he plans to purchase it at the end of the lease, it doesn't matter how many miles he puts on it while he has it. He will have the same residual value/purchase price option regardless of if he put 40,000 miles on it over 4 years or 80,000 miles.

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
First, you give far too much credit to banks. As a banking executive for 25 years, I promise you we don't come out on top.

Second, the likelihood of a car being in a wreck is about 1% chance annually. Of those wrecks, the incidence if an auto being totalled is less than 10% of that 1%. Thus, this is about risk mgt for the buyer.

As a buyer, you have a greater likelihood of encountering a financial hick up during the time of a lease than being in a wreck and having your car declared a total loss.

Thus, for you this isn't what you'd do, yet it is not a wrong perspective and to declare a person should never put money down on a lease is ignorant, self absorbed, and detrimental to the education aspect of this forum.

If there is anything I've learned as a banking CFO and CLO for over 25 years is the fact that buying and or leasing a depreciable asset is about risk mgt for the acquirer. It is not as cut and dried as you'd have people believe.
I value your perspective and experience. However, to call me out as "ignorant and self - absorbed" is truly more detrimental to this forum which welcomes all perspectives and opinions. All the best.

Jdrn21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I value your perspective and experience. However, to call me out as "ignorant and self - absorbed" is truly more detrimental to this forum which welcomes all perspectives and opinions. All the best.
Well said. I thought the post was a bit abrasive as well

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I did not, and would not call you or any person holistically ignorant and/or self absorbed:

I merely identified the act of asserting your opinion as fact, therein communicating to the person who put money down on a lease as being some variation of an idiot or less intelligent being. Your assertion was ignorant of the facts and the impact of what you shared. Ignoring that impact on the other party indicates your state of being was self-absorbed, self-focused, self-righteous and any other version of self emphasis.

qwerty

Reaction score
Even though I think I got ripped off and it is embarrassing, I will share my details in the hopes that it helps others.

I am in NJ. I was searching on Kia.com for a SX-P and found one at a dealership 60 miles away. It is a SX with Prestige Package in Black Copper with Dune Brown leather seats. It has the towing package, carpeted floor mats, cargo tray, and wheel locks so the total MSRP including options and handling came to $48,110 on the window sticker.

I went this past Saturday (6/8/2019) and got the vehicle. I won't bore you with the negotiation process unless someone asks so here are my final numbers off the lease paperwork:

Gross Capitalized Cost: $58,196
Capitalized Cost Reduction: $4,890
Adjusted Capitalized Cost: $53,305
Residual Value: $25,979
Rent Charge: $7,954
Total of Base Monthly Payment: $35,280
Payments: 48
Monthly Payment: $735
Miles per year: 10,000

In summary, I put $5,000 down, it is $735 a month for 48 months with 10,000 miles per year.
Damn. You could have gotten a very nice, redesigned x5 for that price. The telluride is a nice looking car but the x5 looks better and drives/handles better. With that said, congrats and enjoy the car.

PS - never put money down on a lease :)

popcrnchicken

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Damn. You could have gotten a very nice, redesigned x5 for that price. The telluride is a nice looking car but the x5 looks better and drives/handles better. With that said, congrats and enjoy the car.

PS - never put money down on a lease :)
The X5 starts at about 60k and comes with an engine, seats, and a roof. Start optioning it and the price sky rockets. Not to mention it’s only a 5-passenger, so it’s not comparable. You would need to compare to the X7.

wparker

Reaction score
wow you got the car I have on ordered. Wish you would send some pictures and in the end if your happy that is all that matters. Congrats on your new Telluride. Enjoy and be safe. Is this car by chance an AWD also?
Funny, your username is the same as my initials. I am very happy with the vehicle but feel like I got suckered but I can easily afford it. I guess I am paying an idiot tax :oops::rolleyes:. I'm sure there are others out there that got a bad deal like me but they may not know about this forum or don't have a thick enough skin to post here. The vehicle is for my wife actually and she loves it. Yes, it is AWD. We both really like the Black Copper exterior and Dune Brown interior. I drive a Genesis G90 and the software and electronics in the Telluride are very similar and better in some respects (Mine doesn't have Apple CarPlay). My wife came from a 2016 Buick Enclave that had a horrible GPS and entertainment system software.

Weesa20

Reaction score
Weesa20:

Congratulations on your new ride!

It doesn’t sound like Kia to raise their MSRP that much in one year. For one thing, at this time next year the Telluride will have so much more competition, the Palisade, Explorer, XT6, Aviator, the new Highlander, etc.
Maybe so. Just don't underestimate the current and potential Trumpian Impact.

The vehicle is for my wife actually and she loves it. Yes, it is AWD. We both really like the Black Copper exterior and Dune Brown interior. I drive a Genesis G90 and the software and electronics in the Telluride are very similar and better in some respects (Mine doesn't have Apple CarPlay). My wife came from a 2016 Buick Enclave that had a horrible GPS and entertainment system software.
That's funny. Our Black copper Dune SXP is for my wife. She loves it. I drive a Genesis 5.0. Agree that the electronics are basically the same and missing the Apple CarPlay in the Genny.

Buckeye-TRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
OTD is a problem with kia's. Right now have an order for an sxp moss dune with bumper guard, light kit, scuff kit, skid plate, mud guards. It was 48,000 before government fees, will be closer to 53k when I get out the door. About 800 in government fees, stupid tax, license, dmv. 1,200 for extended warranty. 3,000 in paint protection at local detailer. Don't qualify for any incentives. But basically paying 675 under msrp. Was also offered by another dealer at msrp. The 3 other dealers wanted way above msrp.

It was possible to get under msrp while the accepted orders. Now that they are not, I doubt you could get msrp.
$3k for ppf??? Did they do the whole body??

Member Support

Please keep ths community Ad Free with a Supporting Member account today! For as little as $0.05 per day, you can keep this community online and ad free. CLICK HERE to send your support!