Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

What did you pay for your KIA Telluride?

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks! I didn’t finance through Kia because the rates were insane, so unfortunately wasn’t able to take advantage of any in house rebates. Had I passed on the protection package, it would have been closer to $44k. Sounds like you got quite the deal though! I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else get OTD under 50k for and SXP. Isn’t the MSRP just under what you walked out the door at? I want to say $47k or so?
45.5 otd for sxp here. 1,700 dealer discount plus full incentives (2,500) so total 4,200 off msrp. Ordered may 2 picking up this weekend latest. After seeing all this craziness with dealer markups... Id say I'm in the extreme minority.

Joflo0705

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I think it's also helpful for anyone here to compare trims of other models you are looking at. When comparing to Atlas, Ascent, Highlander, I feel MSRP on the Telly is still a killer price compared to those vehicles. Want ventilated seats? Need SEL Premium for the Atlas, and Touring for the Ascent. Both of those are going to be 45k+. It all depends on what features you want. I think Kia aggressively priced this vehicle and their incentives, so most people are complaining about how they would "never pay MSRP", which is fine, but compare the options! If you are paying MSRP for a car that has more features that YOU want but it's still 5k cheaper than another brand, is it a bad deal?
Dude u hit the nail on the head! Couldn't have said it better myself!

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks! I didn’t finance through Kia because the rates were insane, so unfortunately wasn’t able to take advantage of any in house rebates. Had I passed on the protection package, it would have been closer to $44k. Sounds like you got quite the deal though! I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else get OTD under 50k for and SXP. Isn’t the MSRP just under what you walked out the door at? I want to say $47k or so?
OTD is a problem with kia's. Right now have an order for an sxp moss dune with bumper guard, light kit, scuff kit, skid plate, mud guards. It was 48,000 before government fees, will be closer to 53k when I get out the door. About 800 in government fees, stupid tax, license, dmv. 1,200 for extended warranty. 3,000 in paint protection at local detailer. Don't qualify for any incentives. But basically paying 675 under msrp. Was also offered by another dealer at msrp. The 3 other dealers wanted way above msrp.

It was possible to get under msrp while the accepted orders. Now that they are not, I doubt you could get msrp.

kjh8sfk23r8

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
OTD is a problem with kia's. Right now have an order for an sxp moss dune with bumper guard, light kit, scuff kit, skid plate, mud guards. It was 48,000 before government fees, will be closer to 53k when I get out the door. About 800 in government fees, stupid tax, license, dmv. 1,200 for extended warranty. 3,000 in paint protection at local detailer. Don't qualify for any incentives. But basically paying 675 under msrp. Was also offered by another dealer at msrp. The 3 other dealers wanted way above msrp.

It was possible to get under msrp while the accepted orders. Now that they are not, I doubt you could get msrp.
Damn 3,000 for paint protection? Are you wrapping the whole car in XPEL? You can drop 1200 off by not going with the extended warranty, you can also get warranty services third party and not through the dealer and they are often much cheaper, if you really want to go the warranty route. You'd be better off setting that chunk of money into a 3-year CD or high yield savings account; or if you are riskier the market.

I don't want to be mean but the guy above who paid $2400 for that 360 warranty service lost a lot of money. They will upsell you hard in finance office, you have to be prepared to say no, and even if you do want the service, say no first. They will cut the price in half.

515EX

Reaction score
Damn 3,000 for paint protection? Are you wrapping the whole car in XPEL? You can drop 1200 off by not going with the extended warranty, you can also get warranty services third party and not through the dealer and they are often much cheaper, if you really want to go the warranty route. You'd be better off setting that chunk of money into a 3-year CD or high yield savings account; or if you are riskier the market.

I don't want to be mean but the guy above who paid $2400 for that 360 warranty service lost a lot of money. They will upsell you hard in finance office, you have to be prepared to say no, and even if you do want the service, say no first. They will cut the price in half.
To each their own. I found the service to be beneficial and liked the guaranteed trade in value aspect of it.

Gr8pumpkin

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I think you're misunderstanding my point. Focus on the commodity itself. I paid 38.5k OTD for something that would have cost me well over 40k if I went with other manufacturers.
I think we will have to agree to disagree here, I hope you enjoy your Telluride. I will be waiting it out till I can enjoy one.

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Does not the Kia come with a 10 year warranty? Why would anyone want to buy extended? My EX AWD was ~$39k before taxes and fees.

Gr8pumpkin

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
@Gr8pumpkin . The dealer buys the vehicle from the manufacturer. They then choose to sell them for the price people will pay.

If you owned something and it was worth more than what you paid, what would you sell it for? Only a fool would sell it for less than what the market will pay.

Manufacturer SUGGESTED Retail Price. A suggestion is just a suggestion.
So what is everyone going to think about this in 6 months to a year from now when the MSRP (sticker, or suggestion as you say) is the same, and they will be available for less. And then
the incentives on top of that. Wait let me guess, the first ones that were released will be worth more or be of higher value. We have to remember no matter how much we want it, it is still just a depreciating item (car). I guess I am still not wanting one bad enough to over pay.

Hatchmo75

Reaction score
Does not the Kia come with a 10 year warranty? Why would anyone want to buy extended? My EX AWD was ~$39k before taxes and fees.
The 10/100,000 is power train only. The basic is 5/60,000. The electronics are only 3/36,000. With all of the cameras, sensors, infotainment systems, you could easily spend a couple grand a couple of years from now. I think that’s part of the reason someone could consider the extended warranty that covers everything.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So what is everyone going to think about this in 6 months to a year from now when the MSRP (sticker, or suggestion as you say) is the same, and they will be available for less. And then
the incentives on top of that. Wait let me guess, the first ones that were released will be worth more or be of higher value. We have to remember no matter how much we want it, it is still just a depreciating item (car). I guess I am still not wanting one bad enough to over pay.
Every new vehicle will be worth less in six months than it is right now.

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

I am sorry, but are you me? Do you know me? Do you know what I want or need? OR is everyone in your mind you?

3,000 is for a full wrap with 5 year replacement and full interior protection. Also considering the 2,400 for the front and side wrap and ceramic. Also have a front wrap option with doors, ceramic or 1,700. All include paint correction.

1,200 dollars is from the dealer, but I could not get a lower quote from any 3rd party for lower. 10/100,000 miles, if you can get it cheaper, then POST THE LINK. I will probably keep the car for more then 10 years, so I will use the warranty. The head unit alone is 3,000 bucks to buy not install, the cameras and other options could fail and will fail. Heck the stitching on the leather seats are going bad in the first month of use. Do you honestly think that stitching that is going bad at week 1 will make it 9 years?

If I did your "high yield savings or CD." I get what in today's market, maybe 2%? 24 bucks a year? High yield CD? What 36 dollars? Oh I am going to get soo rich when the head unit quits on a 4 year old suv and the dealer says 3,600 dollars to replace?

I want a drama free car. I don't drive that much, I will own the car more then 8 years, and I don't want to buy a new car until at least 2030 model. I own a 15 year old car now, it has less then 100,000 miles on it. From year 3 to year 10 put out well over 1,200 in repairs. Heck the 4 air bags that went bad was 4,000 alone, and another airbag need to be replaced now. I would have 588 bucks in the bank if I got the extended warranty and put the 2800 bucks I spent in repairs into the savings you promote.

Everyone has a different needs. I just want a car I can own for 10 years and not have to worry about it. A car to me is a tool.

Nototrader

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It literally comes down to when you want it. If you want it now, it can easily be had for msrp and if leasing, then the monthly payment changes by $50 if you don’t get 2k off msrp. So its not life changing on a 40k car. But depreciation and lease incentives can get worse so you may end up in the same spot whether now or 6 months from now. The after market ripoffs is a whole different story. Sad that people get ripped off. Extended warranty for a car that has a min 6 year warranty? Every manufacturer now allows you to extend the warranty just before the factory one runs out.

Nototrader

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am sorry, but are you me? Do you know me? Do you know what I want or need? OR is everyone in your mind you?

3,000 is for a full wrap with 5 year replacement and full interior protection. Also considering the 2,400 for the front and side wrap and ceramic. Also have a front wrap option with doors, ceramic or 1,700. All include paint correction.

1,200 dollars is from the dealer, but I could not get a lower quote from any 3rd party for lower. 10/100,000 miles, if you can get it cheaper, then POST THE LINK. I will probably keep the car for more then 10 years, so I will use the warranty. The head unit alone is 3,000 bucks to buy not install, the cameras and other options could fail and will fail. Heck the stitching on the leather seats are going bad in the first month of use. Do you honestly think that stitching that is going bad at week 1 will make it 9 years?

If I did your "high yield savings or CD." I get what in today's market, maybe 2%? 24 bucks a year? High yield CD? What 36 dollars? Oh I am going to get soo rich when the head unit quits on a 4 year old suv and the dealer says 3,600 dollars to replace?

I want a drama free car. I don't drive that much, I will own the car more then 8 years, and I don't want to buy a new car until at least 2030 model. I own a 15 year old car now, it has less then 100,000 miles on it. From year 3 to year 10 put out well over 1,200 in repairs. Heck the 4 air bags that went bad was 4,000 alone, and another airbag need to be replaced now. I would have 588 bucks in the bank if I got the extended warranty and put the 2800 bucks I spent in repairs into the savings you promote.

Everyone has a different needs. I just want a car I can own for 10 years and not have to worry about it. A car to me is a tool.
Noted! I take my comment back!

trbst11

Reaction score
For those who bought for over msrp, what extras did you get thrown in? My dealer is going to ask for over msrp, not sure how much yet but if I do choose to pay over msrp, what should I be asking for/demanding. I don’t plan to pay $5000 over or even $3000 over. I’ll keep my vehicle or lease for a couple years till this crap dies down. My neighbor is a Hyundai east coast rep and I told him about the Kia issues of availability. He said the palisade will be out in 3 weeks and he will get me the best deal. So I’ll at least check them out.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
For those who bought for over msrp, what extras did you get thrown in? My dealer is going to ask for over msrp, not sure how much yet but if I do choose to pay over msrp, what should I be asking for/demanding. I don’t plan to pay $5000 over or even $3000 over. I’ll keep my vehicle or lease for a couple years till this crap dies down. My neighbor is a Hyundai east coast rep and I told him about the Kia issues of availability. He said the palisade will be out in 3 weeks and he will get me the best deal. So I’ll at least check them out.
Out in 3 weeks but still no pricing? Seems pretty ridiculous.

kjh8sfk23r8

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Well you are making assumptions that it will be cheaper. Some cars do raise MSRP year over year, and while incentives are likely they are never guaranteed. Waiting 6-12mo. is most likely the right call though as production increases.

The reason why I asked if you were full wrapping the car is that's the only thing that would make sense for $3k. Sounds about right for such a big car.

Totally fine if you want the warranty. It's all a risk calculation. Still, you will likely not need it. I've had two cars bought brand new for 7 years and a combined 200k miles with zero repairs needed at all. I wasn't trying to say you'd make bank investing your money, but that it's more effective than a warranty program cause you likely won't need it. If you want the peace of mind that's a-ok.

wparker

Reaction score
Anyone have lease prices to share?
Even though I think I got ripped off and it is embarrassing, I will share my details in the hopes that it helps others.

I am in NJ. I was searching on Kia.com for a SX-P and found one at a dealership 60 miles away. It is a SX with Prestige Package in Black Copper with Dune Brown leather seats. It has the towing package, carpeted floor mats, cargo tray, and wheel locks so the total MSRP including options and handling came to $48,110 on the window sticker.

I went this past Saturday (6/8/2019) and got the vehicle. I won't bore you with the negotiation process unless someone asks so here are my final numbers off the lease paperwork:

Gross Capitalized Cost: $58,196
Capitalized Cost Reduction: $4,890
Adjusted Capitalized Cost: $53,305
Residual Value: $25,979
Rent Charge: $7,954
Total of Base Monthly Payment: $35,280
Payments: 48
Monthly Payment: $735
Miles per year: 10,000

In summary, I put $5,000 down, it is $735 a month for 48 months with 10,000 miles per year.