No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

What did you pay for your KIA Telluride?

Schlegel

Reaction score
Hey I just test drove a Telluride today and was very impressed. Do you know if there are any incentives? I see some posts in here mentioning incentives but I didnt see any on the Kia website. Thanks!
If you "build" the vehicle on the KIA website then choose Calculate Payment then expand that window it will show you the breakdown, including your down payment, incentives, etc. Try it with a lease and you will see.

Attachments

CGeorge

Reaction score
I have been very patient looking for my new Telluride. I live in NJ. I joined this group and learned some very valuable information to help me make a good decision. For the last few months, I have been dealing with many dealers within a 90 mile radius of my home. I have heard it all. We don't order Tellurides, No one will sell you one at MSRP, Your lucky I even have a car here for you to look at because I have 10 people coming to look at it later.... The list goes on and on
Today I found another dealer an hour away. I was very apprehensive about going in there, but he had a silver one that I could not find anywhere, and I wanted to see that color. I loved the silver, so I asked him for his best price. He first said MSRP and if I wanted the financing incentive I had to take a loan with a higher interest rate. I knew that didn't sound right so I was about to walk out and he then said Ok I really need to make a sale today. I ended up, after negotiating back and forth, $38, 599 for an EX AWD with the tow package, carpeted mats and a cargo liner. MSRP was $41, 305.
Sweet!!

Star1079

Reaction score
Hi all! I’ve been looking for a Telluride since July but the dealer markup was insane and I’ve walked out of every dealership.

1 dealer called last night offering the S trim in white out the door for $39,990.

I’m considering it, but wondering if that’s still a ridiculous price? They originally wanted $45k for the car (10k markup) and I laughed.

tops

Reaction score
Hi all! I’ve been looking for a Telluride since July but the dealer markup was insane and I’ve walked out of every dealership.

1 dealer called last night offering the S trim in white out the door for $39,990.

I’m considering it, but wondering if that’s still a ridiculous price? They originally wanted $45k for the car (10k markup) and I laughed.
I would reach out to Jason Fox first and see if he can help you out. His pricing was still below every dealership's price that had a mark up - this includes shipping when he gave me his pricing.

NREVANS

Reaction score

The only reason I would buy it (and I still wouldn't) is if you wanted the immediate gratification of having it. If you've been waiting since July, no harm in waiting a bit longer. Order what you want from one of the reputable dealers on this forum like Kia of Muncie (where I ordered, under MSRP with Costco discount) and ride it out until your delivery date. There's no point in paying extra money for the vehicle just because dealers want to make as much as they can. Let them keep it in their inventory and eat the cost of owning it. Just because you pay more at these dealers doesn't mean the value of the vehicle increases.

Star1079

Reaction score
The only reason I would buy it (and I still wouldn't) is if you wanted the immediate gratification of having it. If you've been waiting since July, no harm in waiting a bit longer. Order what you want from one of the reputable dealers on this forum like Kia of Muncie (where I ordered, under MSRP with Costco discount) and ride it out until your delivery date. There's no point in paying extra money for the vehicle just because dealers want to make as much as they can. Let them keep it in their inventory and eat the cost of owning it. Just because you pay more at these dealers doesn't mean the value of the vehicle increases.
Thanks for the advice. I reached out to Jason at Muncie to get a quote.

greg131pd

Reaction score

Don't do it. You can buy a rigged out EX for that price. I saw on the forum that if you fly into Indianapolis, Kia of Muncie will pick you up at the airport and you can drive your new Telluride home. Southwest is running a sale. There are other dealers around that sell for MSRP. Muncie is about the only one I know of that offers Costco discount. (About $1300 I think).

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Star1079

Reaction score
T
Don't do it. You can buy a rigged out EX for that price. I saw on the forum that if you fly into Indianapolis, Kia of Muncie will pick you up at the airport and you can drive your new Telluride home. Southwest is running a sale. There are other dealers around that sell for MSRP. Muncie is about the only one I know of that offers Costco discount. (About $1300 I think).
The only issue with that, is that I live in Southern California, the costs of driving it back here might not be as cost effective.

Jchat

Reaction score
Bought a white EX premium package (captain chairs etc). Paid $2k over MSRP. Did I get a good deal? Or, should I have waited until prices dropped further?

tops

Reaction score
Had to reorder my SXP Telluride on Saturday after cancelling from another dealership, got it for MSRP hoping to get some good rebates by the time it gets here. Had to drive about an hour out of town just to find a dealership not marking up the price or being dishonest.

Superbenj

Reaction score
An "all digital dashboard" is definitely cool, I had one on my Escalade.....that being said, it is indeed "cool" UNTIL it quits working!! ...which mine did, so I like a combination of both AND the heads up display is a good paring with some "old school" instrumentation. I think Kia has got the right formula........
Probably says more about GM than Digital dashboards, or perhaps just a bit of bad luck. There is no reason for them to be unreliable with modern technology and there is no history of them failing en masse with any car manufacturer. My wife has also had her Ford focus analogue dash fail (circa 2005) so its not something that is only a possibility with the digital dash.

I'm also in the prefer the outside of the Kia and inside of the Hyundai camp, although I do prefer the Kia's seats. I imagine the next Telluride will have a full width TFT screen, if perhaps as an option.

Quick question on both the Telluride's and Pallsiade's screens, do they shoe the GPS in there, I've not seen it on any of the reviews but would seem like a big miss if they've not done it.

SorentoSXL

Reaction score
Probably says more about GM than Digital dashboards, or perhaps just a bit of bad luck. There is no reason for them to be unreliable with modern technology and there is no history of them failing en masse with any car manufacturer. My wife has also had her Ford focus analogue dash fail (circa 2005) so its not something that is only a possibility with the digital dash.

I'm also in the prefer the outside of the Kia and inside of the Hyundai camp, although I do prefer the Kia's seats. I imagine the next Telluride will have a full width TFT screen, if perhaps as an option.

Quick question on both the Telluride's and Pallsiade's screens, do they shoe the GPS in there, I've not seen it on any of the reviews but would seem like a big miss if they've not done it.
You can see turn by turn directions in the cluster when you use the factory Nav system. If you use Apple Carplay or Android Auto, you'll only see a compass displayed in the cluster.