No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

What did you pay for your KIA Telluride?

Dpe

Reaction score
We got the black sx prestige with the Napa tan seats, tow package and dealer threw in roof racks and all weather floor mats. Out the door (minus tax, tag and title) $47,800. Zero room for negotiation as there were 4 tellurides on the lot, only one SX and there were 4 people there to buy one. We got lucky, I had been telling my wife we needed to go look at them and she did not want to. We were driving by as they were opening, saw they had 4 and pulled in to look. We got there first by maybe a minute so we had first dibs. Love the car, much better than any medium size SUV we have owned.

Superbenj

Reaction score
You can see turn by turn directions in the cluster when you use the factory Nav system. If you use Apple Carplay or Android Auto, you'll only see a compass displayed in the cluster.
It doesn't show the full map though, as per many others? Seems to be one of the few spots they still seem to be behind the top, premium manufacturers if so.

Mpgxsvcd

Reaction score
We got the black sx prestige with the Napa tan seats, tow package and dealer threw in roof racks and all weather floor mats. Out the door (minus tax, tag and title) $47,800. Zero room for negotiation as there were 4 tellurides on the lot, only one SX and there were 4 people there to buy one. We got lucky, I had been telling my wife we needed to go look at them and she did not want to. We were driving by as they were opening, saw they had 4 and pulled in to look. We got there first by maybe a minute so we had first dibs. Love the car, much better than any medium size SUV we have owned.
congrats! What city and state was this?

Jen'sWhiteSX

Reaction score
Bought a Pearl White AWD SX with tow package and Butterscotch leather seats at MSRP less $1,000. MSRP was $46,190, so $45,190 and got 1.9% financing for 48 months. This was in the Chicago area where I've talked to numerous dealers, but found the best deal at Evergreen Kia. Most dealers are putting add-on above MSRP, Arlington Kia wanted $5,500 over MSRP for a "protection package" and told me that every dealer is doing the same thing. Greedy SOB's! I found the car I wanted and did all of the negotiation via text, email and phone. Told them I wasn't going to drive to their dealership unless they could agree to my terms. Signed up for the Costco program but was never contacted. Plus Evergreen Kia gave me a fair deal on my trade, middle range of KBB trade-in value. The "car salesmen" at Arlington Kia low-balled me and I had to show them the KBB trade-in value and only then did they come up to the lowest number in the range. If you don't do your research and understand the deals that are out there, chances are that you'll be taken for an expensive ride. The laws of supply and demand dictate that it all be difficult to get under MSRP, since demand is very high, but it is possible if you know your "walk away" point and can act quickly. Also, do your own math and ask about every line item that the dealer presents. Another issue with Arlington Kia was a line that said "government fees $551" which I later found wasn't a real thing. They never shared what tax rate they were using or how it was calculated. Also, I used a loan calculator to check their math and found that they calculated the monthly payment to be $15.00 more per month than the auto finance calculator that I punched the number into. So glad I walked away from those "shysters" at Arlington Kia. Also so glad I did the deal at Evergreen Kia. We love the Telly SX!! (One more thing, the state of Illinois is talking about passing a law that will not let car buyers reduce their tax basis with the value of the trade. If I waited that would have cost me an additional $1,200 in taxes.)

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Sounds like we got ripped off. We paid $3k over MSRP for our Pearl White EX Premium AWD. Total Price came out to $46,656.
Ripped off is relative, but yes, you certainly paid a hefty premium. At least you will enjoy the vehicle now that you have it!

shanghaila

Reaction score
Sounds like we got ripped off. We paid $3k over MSRP for our Pearl White EX Premium AWD. Total Price came out to $46,656.
Unfortunately as someone said the market is pretty relative at this point until the supply and demand and pricing stabilizes, and my guess is the 2021 Telluride will be at least $3-5k higher starting price across the board. The best “relative” ripoff analysis I have heard is to compare and see if you could have bought a better more equipped car at that same price or less (that you would want to buy) and the answer is you probably couldn’t/wouldn't .... I know a Chevy Traverse at 37k is not what I would have wanted for the price we paid on our S. And as everyone knows, negotiating on Tellurides is not in the buyers favor for the most part right now - if you can't accept that then just order one from an honest dealer and wait .... We paid MSRP for our AWD S and essentially forfeited the rebate of $2230 as that was their upmark price, which of course is not a "win" for me in negotiating, but it did mean I drove away the next day with the exact car and color combination we wanted (S AWD, Gravity Grey / Light Grey). Our all in lease is $440 p/mth + tax for 15k miles. Not the best price on this Forum I'm sure but not the end of the world either and we are driving the car for a month now and New England just got it's first dusting of snow... Otherwise I'm not getting delivery until late January or Feb at this point on an order...

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Unfortunately as someone said the market is pretty relative at this point until the supply and demand and pricing stabilizes, and my guess is the 2021 Telluride will be at least $3-5k higher starting price across the board. The best “relative” ripoff analysis I have heard is to compare and see if you could have bought a better more equipped car at that same price or less (that you would want to buy) and the answer is you probably couldn’t/wouldn't .... I know a Chevy Traverse at 37k is not what I would have wanted for the price we paid on our S. And as everyone knows, negotiating on Tellurides is not in the buyers favor for the most part right now - if you can't accept that then just order one from an honest dealer and wait .... We paid MSRP for our AWD S and essentially forfeited the rebate of $2230 as that was their upmark price, which of course is not a "win" for me in negotiating, but it did mean I drove away the next day with the exact car and color combination we wanted (S AWD, Gravity Grey / Light Grey). Our all in lease is $440 p/mth + tax for 15k miles. Not the best price on this Forum I'm sure but not the end of the world either and we are driving the car for a month now and New England just got it's first dusting of snow... Otherwise I'm not getting delivery until late January or Feb at this point on an order...
They will Not raise prices. Maybe $500 here or there but nothing like you have suggested.

zhelder

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
They will Not raise prices. Maybe $500 here or there but nothing like you have suggested.
Thank you for assuaging my fears, Jason. I’m already planning my hopeful road trip to Indiana next year!

Any word on possible new features or will the 2021 be a straight carryover?

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
From what I've read maybe some different colors and possibly diffeent features in the different packages.

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Thank you for assuaging my fears, Jason. I’m already planning my hopeful road trip to Indiana next year!

Any word on possible new features or will the 2021 be a straight carryover?
They have zero info available. Dealer meetings not one word of 2021 Telluride. Focused on Seltos, 21 Sorento/Optima. Awesome time to be a KIA dealer! Next year will be fun!

CrazyBiker

Reaction score
I like this strategy. Only I’m gonna tell them 6K under invoice.

Actually my real strategy is to wait a few months until real discounts (and the Palisade, which I’m also seriously considering) appear. Then I’m gonna search Auto Trader/Car Gurus for the lowest price in the country and ask a local dealer to beat the price.

My goal is 41K max for an SX Prestige (hey, that’s 6K under sticker!), maybe 42.5 for whatever the all-in Palisade is.
This is what I always do. I am not that desperate and would never pay more than 15-17% under the MSRP.

CrazyBiker

Reaction score
Well, I finally got mine today ordered. 6 to 8 weeks until delivery. I got the prestige custom in Pearl white with dune brown interior Napa leather. Adding some accessories, plus the towing package with the auto leveling, the MSRP was, $48625. Got $1000 off that, plus current incentives. Options are leasing it for $588, 12k/year with $2500 down, or $690 for 75 months with 5k down to purchase it. If delivery manages to be before April 30th, I’ll be able to get the founders discount of one month of payment by Kia, otherwise I hope May incentives are better. Fingers crossed.
What is the price before TTL? And what is this founders discount?

MAKELLA.O

Reaction score
Just a FYI if you go to KIA main web site and build a mock up of the relluride you want (be sure to click the trim and awd act) then click the calculator at the top of the page. There will be a payment simulator that comes up. You can play with it to give yourself a good look at what it will cost for what ever down payment (if any) you choose to put down. You can ALSO click the lease tab. Now the good thing is about this you can click (lease or purchase) and it will show you the incentives that KIA has going on them right now. Be sure to play with the length of the purchase/lease in the months colum because different lease and purchase durations have different incentives believe it or not. Happy shopping!! And oh btw..they 99% are not telling anybody about the incentives at the dealer ship. I had to literally show them the web site via my phone and then they honored it. Funny thing is I knew the guy there and He still played dumb about the incentives..lol They are ruthless with these tellurides!! good luck!!

MAKELLA.O

Reaction score
2021 Sorento? from CarScoops
i dont like the body so far (based on pic)...the side profile reminds me of a short version of the telluride. not that I mind that but they should have kept it in its own category style wise. I had a sorento SX 2017 and loved it. they really didnt have to change it.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!